Mini-14 Accuracy.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Well you know what they say... If a bunch of women live together long enough, they're all going to synchronize and have their periods at the same time.

Watch it Cat.

Someone without a vagina and not an OB/GYN will claim to know more than you, one who has a vagina...

JR1572

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Curt,

AC556 and Mini-14's were used by agencies years ago, but the M4 is much more prevalent now. NYPD ESU and various other SWAT teams used AC556's for years.

I would take an AR style rifle for serious work every time.

JR1572

Cannot find the video now but there is one floating around of a NYPD guy with a mini if I remember correctly shooting the gun out of a guys hand.

MOTOR51

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    Cannot find the video now but there is one floating around of a NYPD guy with a mini if I remember correctly shooting the gun out of a guys hand.

MOTOR51

[video]http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=40ihDTHpHs8[/video]

If it's this one it was a Rem. 700. Most SWAT units don't use Mini 14's for HRT / sniper platforms.

Last edited:

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Go check out nutnfancy on YouTube. He has plenty of info on the accuracy of the mini. He has plenty of punched paper on the videos. He admits its not as accurate as an AR but prolly more reliable and plenty accurate enough for hunting and self preservation. I like my 580 series a lot and wish I could shoot it more, but ammo is too damn expensive right now to do so. It's very rugged and reliable and I love it's classic looks. You can also go to the Perfect Union site and find plenty of info on the Mini. It has a large fan base and has been around for a long time. My only testament to its accuracy is a buzzard I shot with iron sites at about 65 yards. I know this doesn't prove much, but minute of buzzard with iron sights is plenty good for me.

Last edited:

A5Mag12

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    La-Tx
    I've hit everything I've shot at with my Mini's. I did not buy them to shoot squirrels or cats with. I have a .22 that does that quite well for lots less money. For the occasional yote that shows itself and that big "if" the SHTF day they are hard to beat.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    If I can't keep it within 3" at 100 yards, hopefully 2" from the bench at 100 yards, I don't have a use for it.

ETA: I accidentally a couple words

Last edited:

HAMP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Bogalusa
    Taiaut is not trying to compare the mini 14 against the ar the post is still about the mini 14!
    A lot of talk on here about the Mini-14 not being accurate but no one cites any sources or test results. What is considered accurate ? What is considered not accurate ?
    Does anyone have any definitive data ?

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    HAMP, you're like 50% of the posts in this thread.

I'm sure you love your mini14 (s) but you're taking it a bit personally. Why don't you just back off and let everyone respond. When one user called you out, you mock his name, and back into the "THAT'S MY OPINION, I CAN SAY IT" defense, but everyone else commenting on why they dislike the mini14, regardless of merit, seems to be off-topic or unsatisfying to you... and you're not even the guy who started the thread.

Chill out, brocephus.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    HAMP, you're like 50% of the posts in this thread.

I'm sure you love your mini14 (s) but you're taking it a bit personally. Why don't you just back off and let everyone respond. When one user called you out, you mock his name, and back into the "THAT'S MY OPINION, I CAN SAY IT" defense, but everyone else commenting on why they dislike the mini14, regardless of merit, seems to be off-topic or unsatisfying to you... and you're not even the guy who started the thread.

Chill out, brocephus.

Not to mention he joined 3 days prior to this thread. Usually people ease themselves in gradually. Unless, of course, they are a troll/alter ego...

We'll see.

HAMP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Bogalusa
    Sorry to offend yall, ill make this my last post on this thread.
    Not to mention he joined 3 days prior to this thread. Usually people ease themselves in gradually. Unless, of course, they are a troll/alter ego...

We'll see.

eagle359

AARP Newbie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Terrytown, LA
    My observations are somewhat dated. I had a series 180 mini 14 in the late 70's. I had gone through boot camp and later qualified with an M14 while in the Corps. I thought the mini 14 would make a good sub for the M14. The function was the same. The best groups that I remember getting were around five inch at 100 yards. I kept the Ruger for several years. I never could get it to group well, so it got sold and I bought a 700 Varmint in .22-250.

Top Bottom