Most Difficult Target in USPSA?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bayoupirate

God of Thunder
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Raceland, Louisiana
    Everyone has their own worst/most challenging target or targets in USPSA / IPSC.

What's yours?

Texas Star?

Polish Plate Rack?

Swinging Lollipop Plates?

Targets on a Trolley?

Clam Shells?

Poppers with No Shoots behind them?

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    Mine is a metric target with hard cover with only the A zone showing and then placed on the horizontal. Pretty specific but I hate them. Spanky, if you are reading this then I hate a wide open metric target that is really close. Don't want you getting any ideas.

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    This bastard
    Shoot_Target.jpg

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    The Star, about 40% of the time...

Metrics with hard cover or No Shoots obscuring the lower left scoring area. (The less "hit zone" visible, the worse they become. It favors my 3 most common misses-- jerking the trigger, heeling high right and pushing shots left with bad trigger press or milking.)

Classic Targets in general.

In that order.

Last edited:

mikepizz

LA CHP INSTRUCTOR # 308
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Maurepas, LA
    The Star, about 40% of the time...

Metrics with hard cover or No Shoots obscuring the lower left scoring area. (The less "hit zone" visible, the worse they become. It favors my 3 most common misses-- jerking the trigger, heeling high right and pushing shots left with bad trigger press or milking.)

Classic Targets in general.

In that order.

Hey Bo, didn't you cure all of those problems this past weekend?

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Hey Bo, didn't you cure all of those problems this past weekend?

I think I cured a couple of them today, with the knowledge I picked up last weekend!

The Star we shot... Well... I did okay on it the first time, and it ate my lunch the second (but at least I know WHY now). Wish it was a little more standard and faster moving-- I wanna try the Brandon G./Alva/pimpage method on something that moves properly!

Jesse Tischauser

The Mayor
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2010
    Guthrie, OK
    Aren't Texas stars and polish plate racks 5-6 targets each?

I would say the most difficult is the last piece of steal in an array right before a transition or position change. The smaller the steal the harder it is because when shooting that target u are already leaving it which reduces your visual patience leaving you doing the steel dance.

TecheTitan

You suck & HK hates you
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    New Iberia, La
    So far, I have to say the Polish Plate rack....I only had 1 experience with that evil bastard and it kicked my *ss , took my lunch money and left me crying like a little girl.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

I would say the most difficult is the last piece of steal in an array right before a transition or position change. The smaller the steal the harder it is because when shooting that target u are already leaving it which reduces your visual patience leaving you doing the steel dance.

I do my level best to avoid those shots, but stage designers are really fond of making them necessary.

That is indeed a tough target. I did that dance yesterday.

The PPR is 8 plates, and the Star is 5. They quite often serve as their own individual array (obviously the PPR, by rule), and the same "popper dance" applies-- only this time, to a moving prop.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace

Hey Jesse, that's why I don't video myself. Can't let anyone be able to study the "dance" and perfect it the way that I have. :bowrofl:

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

I'd like to revisit this statement, as there was a SINGLE target like this at the Poplarville match this past Sunday.

I chucked 2 shots into the Hard Cover-- low left and due left, as usual. And I pitched one into the adjacent target, high right. All 3 errors on the same stupid target-- and it didn't occur to me until afterwards that it was my hated foe!

I'm officially dubbing it "the suck".

ETA-- I'm going to duct tape and paint 6 Metrics right now, for practice later this week. I *will* claim revenge.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom