Motorcycle gang Vs Range Rover

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    New York Post sometimes posts a true story but very many times they make **** up so I don't believe anything they post.

Here's an interesting one though:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...kers-involved-Edwin-Mieses-Jr-SUV-attack.html
    http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_york&id=9274018
    At least five off-duty New York Police Department officers have admitted being present at the savage revenge beating last weekend on the Henry Hudson Parkway, according to reports.
    Among the off duty cops were at least two detectives and three other officers, all who witnessed the attack and did little to stop it. One of the detectives, an undercover narcotics officer, watched as the violence broke out and chose not to break it up for fear of ruining his cover.
    The five officers were not the only ones present, WABC is reporting that the NYPD is investigating whether several off-duty corrections officers were also there. Police who saw the violent attack did not begin coming forward until Wednesday - four days later.

Jericho40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2013
    The mayor said they did not have the permit needed. Riding wheelies and on sidewalks downtown is not legal or smart to do.
    A guy on another forum is "claiming" he was there, and was in the motorcycle crew. Here are a few of his comments:

And here's a link to supposedly more videos from this same group of riders earlier in the day before the land rover ordeal: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3cd_1380579664

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    What is wrong with her being an Asian? I have a beautiful Asian wife.

I think he was pointing out that the biker attacks an Asian family, retains gloria allred, then a second attorney who is Asian....pointing out that it may have been done just to prove he isn't racist against Asians.

Hogin

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    Independence LA
    Lets call it what it was. A group of inner city trash on motorcycles acting like azzholes. They were not a gang or a club, just a bunch of misfit thugs out showing their azz on public streets and sidewalks. Calling them a Gang is like calling an AR15 an Assault Rifle.

SendITDownRange

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    My Town
    I have to agree.. Nothing but trash who wants to acts like that on the road. Riders are trying to make people aware that they are on the road and this is the wrong way to go about doing it.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    http://nypost.com/2013/10/07/bike-cop-joined-in-on-suv-beatdown-video-reveals/

An off-duty undercover cop who claimed he took no active role as fellow bikers pulled a Manhattan dad from his SUV and beat him to a pulp was actually pounding the vehicle with his fists during the height of the bloody road-rage attack, sources told The Post.

The cop, a seven-year veteran, had told investigators he didn’t help the injured man because he rode up to the scene as the beating was nearly finished, sources said
    But video footage clearly shows otherwise, disgusted sources said Monday — and Internal Affairs Bureau higher-ups want to nail the officer.

Probers believe their hands are tied, however, sources said, because authorities already dropped charges against another biker, Allen Edwards, 43, of Queens, who allegedly punched the rear window of Alexian Lien’s Range Rover before Lien’s beatdown in front of his wife and 2-year-old daughter.

At the time, the chief of the Manhattan district attorney’s Trials Division, Karen Friedman Agnifilo, defended the move, saying, *Prematurely charging individuals with low-level crimes does not further the goals of the investigation and could weaken the cases we expect to bring against the perpetrators of serious crimes.*

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I can't find that story anywhere except the NY Post, which sometimes is the first to publish news, and often times just wrong or lying. I'll wait.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    I can't find that story anywhere except the NY Post, which sometimes is the first to publish news, and often times just wrong or lying. I'll wait.

http://insidedateline.nbcnews.com/_...dercover-cop-seen-on-video-attacking-suv?lite

An undercover New York police detective at the scene of the beating of a driver by a pack of angry motorcyclists is seen on video attacking the SUV, police sources familiar with the investigation tell NBC News.

The sources, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the undercover officer does not appear to participate in the assault on the driver. The victim is seen being pulled out of the car and the undercover rides off, the source said.

The video is not the one that has been widely distributed on YouTube, but has been reviewed by investigators, the sources said. It's not clear when the video surfaced but investigators learned of it late Monday.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    An undercover New York police detective at the scene of the beating of a driver by a pack of angry motorcyclists is seen on video attacking the SUV, police sources familiar with the investigation tell NBC News.
    The sources, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the undercover officer does not appear to participate in the assault on the driver. The victim is seen being pulled out of the car and the undercover rides off, the source said.
    All files related to his career have been locked down by the NYPD’s Internal Affairs Bureau, and his assignment, whatever it was, is now over. While the officer did not take part in the assault, for which three other bikers have so far been charged, he is under investigation for waiting several days before disclosing that he was present.

It seems contradictory in this article.

If he did beat on the vehicle, **** him. This whole situation is a pile of ********.

Last edited:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Several of us that ride have been discussing this.

While there may not have been anything the officer could have done to stop this incident, he could have been a good witness and probably gotten names at least.

The fact that he waited to report it made us think he was more involved in the incident.
    And now there are reports of video showing him participating which would confirm that fact.

Personally I think he only came forward because of the video or because someone else was going to turn him in.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Several of us that ride have been discussing this.

While there may not have been anything the officer could have done to stop this incident, he could have been a good witness and probably gotten names at least.

The fact that he waited to report it made us think he was more involved in the incident.
    And now there are reports of video showing him participating which would confirm that fact.

Personally I think he only came forward because of the video or because someone else was going to turn him in.

You cop hater!

JK, and when did you move up here?

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I find it interesting that they are specifically indicating who the undercover cop is... by saying he is one of them beating on the back window, and rode off when they pulled the guy out of the Range Rover, I'm betting that narrows it down to very few, if not one, of the riders, if someone were to review that beautiful bean footage.

That guy is proper ****ed. I don't know dick or jane about undercover work, but I assume keeping identities secret is pretty important, especially for someone who's been doing it pretty much his whole career. I guess his career is over anyways.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    I find it interesting that they are specifically indicating who the undercover cop is... by saying he is one of them beating on the back window, and rode off when they pulled the guy out of the Range Rover, I'm betting that narrows it down to very few, if not one, of the riders, if someone were to review that beautiful bean footage.

That guy is proper ****ed. I don't know dick or jane about undercover work, but I assume keeping identities secret is pretty important, especially for someone who's been doing it pretty much his whole career. I guess his career is over anyways.

I guess it depends on if this "other" video is released or not

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

I concur!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Didn't Joe Pistone (Don Brasco), have to participate in crimes to keep his cover?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom