MSNBC anchor gets destroyed by radio host!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lacowboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    Scott
    You can't count the times Bill O'Reilly has cut the mic on people who were saying things he didn't want to hear. I of course think Both Fox and MSNBC are biased. One is far Right the other far Left. Neither one of them have the truth in them.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    When Fox has news segments I find them to be unbiased.

When Fox has opinion segments, those who work for Fox are generally on the conservative side, even the liberals at Fox are on the more conservative side of the liberal coin.

I find the other cable networks show a liberal bias in their news segments, even the daily news on the broadcast networks show an obvious liberal bias.

I find nothing wrong with the liberal or conservative editorial shows, the problem is when the news is presented as a bias.

Everyone knows Hannity is conservative, that is fine since he does not anchor a news program. Some people don't know the news anchors for some cable networks are presenting the news from a liberal perspective.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

When Fox has opinion segments, those who work for Fox are generally on the conservative side, even the liberals at Fox are on the more conservative side of the liberal coin.

I find the other cable networks show a liberal bias in their news segments, even the daily news on the broadcast networks show an obvious liberal bias.

I find nothing wrong with the liberal or conservative editorial shows, the problem is when the news is presented as a bias.

Everyone knows Hannity is conservative, that is fine since he does not anchor a news program. Some people don't know the news anchors for some cable networks are presenting the news from a liberal perspective.

Exactly.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    It could have been handled better. He could have played along and used the questions to show the bias rather than simply blasting the network. Her questions were stupid (how does Palin feel about being called a slut?). He could have answered more creatively and on topic, maybe citing the number of times she's been attacked on NBC or a list of who's attacked her, etc. He had time to prepare...

Rush only on very rare occasions cuts someone's mic. He did it today (very apologetically), and only so that he could actually pose the question, then turned the liberal's mic back on so he could answer. He started spewing obama drivel so rush went on break.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

I agree....I don't know of anyone except maybe Hugo Chavez that would consider Fox's Shepard Smith or Geraldo Rivera "conservative"....To say Fox is totally biased is BS. MSNBC does not draw a line between reporting the news & editorializing current events; Fox does. That is why Fox News Channel smokes all the others in the ratings game. Of course, it should come as no big shock that any network that would feature Keith Olbermann- the half-wit ex-sports reporter who couldn't cut it at ESPN- doing political commentary would be floundering in the basement ratings-wise....

optiic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    I agree....I don't know of anyone except maybe Hugo Chavez that would consider Fox's Shepard Smith or Geraldo Rivera "conservative"....To say Fox is totally biased is BS. MSNBC does not draw a line between reporting the news & editorializing current events; Fox does. That is why Fox News Channel smokes all the others in the ratings game. Of course, it should come as no big shock that any network that would feature Keith Olbermann- the half-wit ex-sports reporter who couldn't cut it at ESPN- doing political commentary would be floundering in the basement ratings-wise....

That's almost as bad as hiring someone from Inside Edition to do political commentary. :rofl:

Edit: 24 hour news channels are nothing more than entertainment. Fox is just as retarded as any other "news" channel. Fox is telling you what you want to hear so its more "truthier" than the others.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    That's almost as bad as hiring someone from Inside Edition to do political commentary. :rofl:

Life is a series of choices; I choose to trust Fox over CNN or MSNBC. If you want to get more technical about things, Fox is almost too liberal for my taste. But that's just me.

Edit: 24 hour news channels are nothing more than entertainment. Fox is just as retarded as any other "news" channel. Fox is telling you what you want to hear so its more "truthier" than the others.

Uh, no. Fox is more "truthier" because it is more truthful.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Of course, it should come as no big shock that any network that would feature Keith Olbermann- the half-wit ex-sports reporter who couldn't cut it at ESPN- doing political commentary would be floundering in the basement ratings-wise....

Keith Olbermann has a very important role on that network . He and that bitch Rachael Maddow are part of the media " attack team " , who's single purpose is to keep up a steady barrage of negative reporting on anything conservative .

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Of course, it should come as no big shock that any network that would feature Keith Olbermann- the half-wit ex-sports reporter who couldn't cut it at ESPN- doing political commentary would be floundering in the basement ratings-wise....
    Olbermann left ESPN b/c his superiors didn't like that he made an appearance on "The Daily Show".

He was a good sports reporter, but the work environment wasn't very agreeable after the suspension.

:)

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I think that the most telling thing about Fox News' credibility is that they absolutely DWARF the competition in the ratings & have for some time. Come to your own conclusion as to why Fox is obliterating the other networks, but I think it's because Middle America can see that MSNBC & CNN (especially MSNBC) are the modern day version of Soviet-style state run news media. They are willing to give the current administration a free pass on so many issues I'm surprised that the anchors aren't required to wear "Team Obama" T-shirts on the air. Remember the CNN reporter at the Chicago Tea Party? If that was partisan, I don't know what is.....

optiic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    I think that the most telling thing about Fox News' credibility is that they absolutely DWARF the competition in the ratings & have for some time. Come to your own conclusion as to why Fox is obliterating the other networks, but I think it's because Middle America can see that MSNBC & CNN (especially MSNBC) are the modern day version of Soviet-style state run news media. They are willing to give the current administration a free pass on so many issues I'm surprised that the anchors aren't required to wear "Team Obama" T-shirts on the air. Remember the CNN reporter at the Chicago Tea Party? If that was partisan, I don't know what is.....

The rating reflect the shift in demographics in regards to age groups. Fox News median (not average) viewer age is 63.9 according to Nielsen. A great many of my contemporaries have completely stopped viewing any news on TV (hell, I don't even have cable) . Fox News plays very well to their demo and has mastered the "News as entertainment" product. I have equal disdain for CNN, etc.. but don't tell me Fox is anything but a shill for Right Wing and a mouthpiece for Rupert Murdoch. So you think Fox did not "give the current administration a free pass " under Bush? Of course you don't. I'm sure you thought they were fair and balanced, right?

Do you really think anyone in the media or gov is not pushing an agenda and twisting reality to fit that agenda? Are people really that naive?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    The rating reflect the shift in demographics in regards to age groups. Fox News median (not average) viewer age is 63.9 according to Nielsen. A great many of my contemporaries have completely stopped viewing any news on TV (hell, I don't even have cable) . Fox News plays very well to their demo and has mastered the "News as entertainment" product. I have equal disdain for CNN, etc.. but don't tell me Fox is anything but a shill for Right Wing and a mouthpiece for Rupert Murdoch. So you think Fox did not "give the current administration a free pass " under Bush? Of course you don't. I'm sure you thought they were fair and balanced, right?

Do you really think anyone in the media or gov is not pushing an agenda and twisting reality to fit that agenda? Are people really that naive?

Nope, I don't believe Fox is the end-all word when it comes to news..as I've said before- they're nearly too liberal for my tastes. However, their commentary & news presentation is MUCH MUCH closer to MY beliefs than the other networks. I'm not about to stop watching TV, so if I do choose to watch a news channel, it will be Fox.
    You may choose otherwise, and that's OK with me. But when it comes down to it, we can never be sure the news we are being given- from ANY source- is the absolute, postively, 100% truth- the trick is taking in what you here & deciding for yourself (you know, like as in "we report, you decide"). Any news source can & usually does put their own personalized spin on the facts in order to push their individual agenda. I believe to think other wise really would be naive. Then again, that's just my take & nothing more. My take & $.75 will buy you a newspaper, so.....
    For the record, I'm not a huge fan of Murdock, either- heard some rotten things about him....

optiic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    Nope, I don't believe Fox is the end-all word when it comes to news..as I've said before- they're nearly too liberal for my tastes. However, their commentary & news presentation is MUCH MUCH closer to MY beliefs than the other networks. I'm not about to stop watching TV, so if I do choose to watch a news channel, it will be Fox.
    You may choose otherwise, and that's OK with me. But when it comes down to it, we can never be sure the news we are being given- from ANY source- is the absolute, postively, 100% truth- the trick is taking in what you here & deciding for yourself (you know, like as in "we report, you decide"). Any news source can & usually does put their own personalized spin on the facts in order to push their individual agenda. I believe to think other wise really would be naive. Then again, that's just my take & nothing more. My take & $.75 will buy you a newspaper, so.....
    For the record, I'm not a huge fan of Murdock, either- heard some rotten things about him....

That's just the thing though.... If you watch it because they skew to your preconceived notions you will stunt your growth. Of course Fox looks good to you, they have your ticket punched and know how to work it, just as CNN and company play to their viewers. I used to watch Fox just about 24 hours a day and I found that my thought patterns and even the language I was using was being manipulated by what I was seeing. It was amazing, as I watched I was always right! My point of view was the right one, the TV was telling me how smart and correct my world views were. It was a very good feeling. Once I pulled back I could see how ******** it was and what it was doing to me. Once I started looking around online for just straight news and forming my own opinions my world views changed and I was challenged to defend my positions and not just go with the herd.

It's also very healthy to invest time in debating and surrounding your self with opinions you don't agree with. I've grown to enjoy sites with a very large demo and a broad cross section of opinions. If Fox News works for you, cool but I'm sure you can understand the problems many people have with corporate news.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana

How can you make a comment about the content of Fox new's broadcast when you've just admited that you don't have cable and therefore have no clue as to what is being brodcast on Fox News. :rolleyes:

Art

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    That's just the thing though.... If you watch it because they skew to your preconceived notions you will stunt your growth. Of course Fox looks good to you, they have your ticket punched and know how to work it, just as CNN and company play to their viewers. I used to watch Fox just about 24 hours a day and I found that my thought patterns and even the language I was using was being manipulated by what I was seeing. It was amazing, as I watched I was always right! My point of view was the right one, the TV was telling me how smart and correct my world views were. It was a very good feeling. Once I pulled back I could see how ******** it was and what it was doing to me. Once I started looking around online for just straight news and forming my own opinions my world views changed and I was challenged to defend my positions and not just go with the herd.

It's also very healthy to invest time in debating and surrounding your self with opinions you don't agree with. I've grown to enjoy sites with a very large demo and a broad cross section of opinions. If Fox News works for you, cool but I'm sure you can understand the problems many people have with corporate news.

Sure I can understand- and with good reason.

Top Bottom