My Marine friend.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    Informed me that the Corps is considering the stress cards some of the other branches have. That seems just a slight bit stupid.

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    WTF

Is your video supposed to say something about USMC ???

If you are a proponent of getting your ass whipped by DI's try to arrange for a real 1970's style one ...

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    At OCS we weren't supposed to call beatings "beatings." Rather, we were supposed to refer to it as RPT (rigorous PT). If you referred to it as a beating you got beat-- I mean RPT'd.

On our uniform, those little threads that stick out around seams and buttons were referred to as Irish Penants... of course, this was too politically incorrect and we then had to refer to them as "IPs" .... which stands for Irish Penants (So wtf difference does it make?).

But yeah... agree with the rest here on not having an opinion about something you've only read about (which I'm sure we've all done at some point or another). Not me, of course, as I have never done or said anything that couldn't be supported by personal experience.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I have some friends and family that were in the Marines. I think they have been using stress cards for a while now. Not completely sure. I haven't done extensive research on the matter, but I do remember being told about it.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    In 04 there was no such things as "stress cards", in fact it was often used as a joke telling recruits they should have joined the army.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    In 04 there was no such things as "stress cards", in fact it was often used as a joke telling recruits they should have joined the army.

Supposedly the army used them in the non combat arms BCT for awhile. In 05 at Knox we heard they were going to start issuing them a couple classes after us. For about a week after we heard the rumor the drills got pretty brutal. I guess they were mad. I "heard" they tried it in a few companies and promptly quit.

Anybody played "thunderdome" ? We did, a lot. I am still amazed we made it rain inside the barracks bays.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles

Same here, but I think even the Army joke is a joke itself. I don't think the Army actually issues them either.

Now I know that our DI's did indeed have a Card that some looked at often. I don't know what they called it but I know what it helped them accomplish. It was a numbered set of PT moves that if applied in order for whatever level the DI wanted to give, would QUICKLY thrash a recruit into complete exhaustion.

For Example. If they wanted to implement Level 1 Stress on a Recruit.
    Level 1 Would read like this - JJ3s-MC5s-PU3s-CR10s
    (Jumping Jacks 3 seconds)
    (Mountain Climbers 5 seconds)
    (Push-ups 3 seconds)
    (Crunches 10 seconds)

Level 2 could be more or less elaborate. DI's made their own too all depending on what they thought worked best and what they had in mind. If a DI wanted your ass melted on the Quarter Deck in a matter of minutes, he'd choose a specific level for that. If he had something to talk to you about and needed you to get worn down over the course of 10 minutes he'd choose a less severe level so that you would be burnt out immediately. Either way by the end of it your soaking wet and if you were unfortunate to be on the end of a Kill Hat's wrath and you had the heart, you'd most likely end up being dragged away by your fellow recruits to get out of the way for the next recruit to be thrashed :p

I remember telling my Ol’Man once I got out. You know Dad, until going through boot camp I never knew what REAL (No ****) PURE Mental and Physical Exhaustion Felt like. Now I know what both feel like simultaneously :rofl: Errah! Good ****!

Last edited:

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    Stress cards are ******** stories, period.

ya thats pretty much it.

everytime i heard of them in bootcamp it was in a joke about the army. then when i actually asked some army buddies about it they said they heard that about the air force or some crap. its all trash talking between the branches and it will never end

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    Make a drill sergeant or a DI or what have you back off if he is being too rough because it may damage you. Buddy said that the Mothers of America want it.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Same here, but I think even the Army joke is a joke itself. I don't think the Army actually issues them either.

Now I know that our DI's did indeed have a Card that some looked at often. I don't know what they called it but I know what it helped them accomplish. It was a numbered set of PT moves that if applied in order for whatever level the DI wanted to give, would QUICKLY thrash a recruit into complete exhaustion.

For Example. If they wanted to implement Level 1 Stress on a Recruit.
    Level 1 Would read like this - JJ3s-MC5s-PU3s-CR10s
    (Jumping Jacks 3 seconds)
    (Mountain Climbers 5 seconds)
    (Push-ups 3 seconds)
    (Crunches 10 seconds)

Level 2 could be more or less elaborate. DI's made their own too all depending on what they thought worked best and what they had in mind. If a DI wanted your ass melted on the Quarter Deck in a matter of minutes, he'd choose a specific level for that. If he had something to talk to you about and needed you to get worn down over the course of 10 minutes he'd choose a less severe level so that you would be burnt out immediately. Either way by the end of it your soaking wet and if you were unfortunate to be on the end of a Kill Hat's wrath and you had the heart, you'd most likely end up being dragged away by your fellow recruits to get out of the way for the next recruit to be thrashed :p

I remember telling my Ol’Man once I got out. You know Dad, until going through boot camp I never knew what REAL (No ****) PURE Mental and Physical Exhaustion Felt like. Now I know what both feel like simultaneously :rofl: Errah! Good ****!

MCRD San Diego 1970

There were real and unashamed ass whippings in sight of whoever was present.

I watched a fat body on the rope climb " assisted " by a DI on either side till he was about halfway, they unassisted him, broke one leg and gone.

Countless at attention beatings by DI's with leather gloves

There were so many instances of what would be called abuse today...just countless

It was a different time ...I've always considered myself better for it.

What I do credit the DI's with...even in the pitts of despair the guys were funny. I found myself laughing many times while being " reeducated "

IDK why, they just made me laugh, I still use some graveside humor from then, served me well.

Just my .02

Top Bottom