My Marine friend.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M-66supersingle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2012
    I have heard this too as I am also joining the Marine Corps t become an officer. My father who was in the Corps for 11 years told me that when he was in they actually tried it and it failed miserably. Some of the worst Marines to had to deal with from what he tells me.

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    I have heard this too as I am also joining the Marine Corps t become an officer. My father who was in the Corps for 11 years told me that when he was in they actually tried it and it failed miserably. Some of the worst Marines to had to deal with from what he tells me.

Check the links, dude.

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    How about printing some and giving them to the next kid you see going to boot camp. Bet he would have an interesting story to tell when he came home.

Big, bold letters..

BACK OFF ASS-HOLE ! I AM HUMAN AND I HAVE RIGHTS !

That's just hilarious.

Ben Draughn

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Hickory LA
    Apr-Jul 1987 1st bn Paris Island boot camp was cool for me it was fun after it was over but I don't want to do it again. My wife went in 81 it was a lot different for the woman back then but my daughter went in 02 and you would think she had just went to summer camp. now my middle son went in 05 and we get a letter about the 3rd week in thinking us for all we did for him. my youngest went in 2009 and he said it was like summer camp with a bunch of idiots. but what would you expect for kids with two Marine parents

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    This will happen.

Hot-Damn I forgot how funny that was. Or maybe I was just too young to appreciate it when it came out. R Lee said in an interview they didn't even give him a script for that part. They just let him do his thing so he treated them like the rest of the recruits he trained.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    This will happen.

Let me assure this is NOT what would have happened in 69-70. There would have been a asswhippin of biblical proportions, what folks who were not there don't get is that the DI's were not very well regulated. And if they were reported the name went with the report and there was another asswhippin.

Maybe I was just there for a single rouge element training battalion and there were no other asswhippins ;)

BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    I'm pretty sure it's just another myth, spawned from the Ol' Corps versus New Corps mentality. Each generation wants the next to believe things were much more difficult than present day standards. Sometimes they were, and sometimes it's just older men wanting to believe they were somehow different, maybe even tougher, then the young men they see today.
    It's like the old joke goes:
    A young man was second in line at Tun Tavern, and after signing his papers, he stepped outside to join the first man on the porch.
    After waiting sometime to be given a direction, he told the first gentleman, " I guess they expect us to know what to do and where to go, huh?"
    The first man said, "Quit your bitchin' boy, in the Ol' Corps we'd wait around for days..."

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I'm pretty sure it's just another myth, spawned from the Ol' Corps versus New Corps mentality. Each generation wants the next to believe things were much more difficult than present day standards. Sometimes they were, and sometimes it's just older men wanting to believe they were somehow different, maybe even tougher, then the young men they see today.
    It's like the old joke goes:
    A young man was second in line at Tun Tavern, and after signing his papers, he stepped outside to join the first man on the porch.
    After waiting sometime to be given a direction, he told the first gentleman, " I guess they expect us to know what to do and where to go, huh?"
    The first man said, "Quit your bitchin' boy, in the Ol' Corps we'd wait around for days..."

Be sure you don't say that around some of the old corp guys, lots left who will bitch slap over being called liars.

WUT.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom