My new HK UMP!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • corey8534

HK Guy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Berwick
    Why would anyone want one in 9mm or 40? Both calibers are inferior. 9mm I guess I understand for ammo costs, but why 40 when they make 10mm UMP's. If you were going to switch from .45 to anything it should be 10mm.

40 S&W < 45 ACP LOL. With that said don't destroy this guys thread flaming me. I am willing to take flames in a new thread in off-topic or by PM.

People want the 9mm version for two reason: it's Rare and cheaper to shoot. The 9mm will set you back about $1300.00 just for the barrel and bolt. The 9mm is "inferior" to the .40 and 45 but most people with these conversions are just shooting paper not bad guys. Besides, if I could have anything and it was my job to shoot bad guys. I would go with the HK53. It's hard to beat a .223 SMG!

-Corey

corey8534

HK Guy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Berwick
    If you want a 9mm why wouldn't you just get an mp5 conversion or an sp89 (other than it would cost a little more)?

I have a MP5-N already. I'm waiting on on my tax stamp to get back. I figured my USC/UMP would keep me busy until my MP5 came back. Besides, why not have them all?

-Corey

JumpmanUSC

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 23, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    Why would anyone want one in 9mm or 40? Both calibers are inferior. 9mm I guess I understand for ammo costs, but why 40 when they make 10mm UMP's. If you were going to switch from .45 to anything it should be 10mm.

40 S&W < 45 ACP LOL. With that said don't destroy this guys thread flaming me. I am willing to take flames in a new thread in off-topic or by PM.

I'm not gonna get into the whole caliber thing. You have to understand one thing though. Unlike most guns, the USC is amazingly easy to use the 40SW and 9mm conversions. Just add barrel, bolt and mags. BTW, there are no 10mm UMPs that I know of. Now 10mm MP5s do exist but no UMPs at least officially from HK.

corey8534

HK Guy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Berwick
    Sbr Hk Usc .45

State paperwork has been approved.....now for the BATF.

BTW: Sent it on 5/12/09, Approved on 5/18/09. Man, the state on the ball!

-Corey

JumpmanUSC

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 23, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    Corey,
    When are we getting together again? My UMP is lonesome. When you get your MP5N come on down and I'll let you try out a can or two so I can get you to spend money again. :D

Top Bottom