My recent traffic crash gripe. UPDATE

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Bill just remember the old saying-- "can"t get blood from a turnip". Vehicle with Texas plates / registered owner living in Louisiana / driver is not on the approved operator list . Still the vehicle owner is responsible for damages . Will cost monies for lawyer to go after driver/owner/insurance company to collect any recovery and possible for your personal insurance rates to be greater if you file a claim against the other party thru your company. Am glad that there were no personal body injuries and just mostly swapping vehicle paint colors. To bad that it is not legal to go confiscate their vehicle and any all other other properties to force payment or to sell said property and be able to keep all of the monies. I am a firm believer that if involved in a accident that you have 72 business hours to submit proof of said insurance or the state will remove said vehicle till proof of valid coverage provided and any following vehicle ownership registered in their name and not allowed to operate anyother vehicle owned by another person. Owning and driving a vehicle should only be allowed when all of the rules/requirement be followed. When you do not follow the rules/requirements for whatever the reason then what happens then so be it . Wishing the best for you in recovering from your damages. ................................... drill sgt.

T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA
    NOT an isurance agent- nor wannabee. I have always understood that the insurance was on the VEHICLE - not the current DRIVER. If there is no insurance on the VEHICLE, the owner is required to surrender the license plate &/or pay a reinstatement penalty by the state of LA Not familiar with "EXCLUDED DRIVER" "rider". At sign-up and , insurance companies give you a tri-fold 8-1/2 x11 polcy explanation and joyously suck in the FIRST PREMIUM PAYMENT.

Years pass, premiums dutifully paid. Then, out of the blue, you have a claim. Your protector ceremoniously unveils a Britannica-sized claims manual. HA!

What if the "excluded driver" ("temporarily") STOLE the vehicle. How do you exclude a ANY THIEF from taking your vehicle? Family member, friend, convicted felon -whatever. Then happens a BIG Catastrophy! Not an attorney - nor wannabee - you can probably book it - you and your insuror will probably get sued! And guess what? The insuror will abdicate coverage and try to hang you out to dry.

snipehunter7

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2016
    Franklinton, LA
    The fact that the driver was excluded can present an issue. The policy holder had to specifically exclude that person for some reason. Maybe the driver is just a POS, the driver had a history of bad driving or DUIs, the driver didn’t have a current DL, the policy holder just wanted lower premiums, etc. Now if the excluded driver was driving w/ with the express permission of the owner then you could be in business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stonehenge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2016
    Slaughter
    GoAuto is just trying not to pay anyone. It doesn't matter who was driving that vehicle, if it causes damage to someone else they are responsible, they just dont have to fix the covered vehicle.

Talk to your agent, its your company's job to go after other companies.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    We got a letter from GoAuto telling us that he's an excluded driver. Our insurance co. is working on it now. We'll see how it works

dmiii

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Not true, if the driver is excluded it is like the vehicle has NO INSURANCE at the time of the accident. Doesn’t mean the owner is not responsible, just the company isn’t.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Insurance is the polite name for extortion.
    It hasn’t changed very much from its humble beginnings...

Well they are going to be busy this week. Took me 30min to find a road or interstate ramp in BR that wasn’t flooded so I could get back home. Cars are flooded all over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Well they are going to be busy this week. Took me 30min to find a road or interstate ramp in BR that wasn’t flooded so I could get back home. Cars are flooded all over.

Yep I've been listening to EBRSO and Troop it's nuts. Been getting boat to get people out of flooded places

lefty

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Hattiesburg, MS
    there is a difference between a driver that isn't listed on a policy and a driver that is excluded. If the driver is actually excluded from the policy then the claim won't be paid. If that is the case your best bet is to file on your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    Something tells me the owner is not rich or will pay. This is where the owner lives.

hhkc31y107gi36e86he.jpg

I have been in and out of that trailer park hundreds of times as a kid. I lived down the road on Victoria in one of the brick houses. I had friends that lived there and I hunted those woods a long time back.

It was turning bad in the early 90s. Can’t imagine it being any better now. Motor may have some customers that live there.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Uninsured Motorist coverage only covers medical costs. If you or your passengers were injured you may be able to file a claim against your insurance.

Doesn’t Louisiana have uninsured motorist property damage as well? Insurance is a confusing thing.

Exterra1

Oldiebutgoodie
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I believe that your collision insurance covers your car for an accident, comprehensive covers anything else that damages your car, such as hail, wind, theft, a break in etc. Uninsured motorist is body injury, as already commented upon, it does not repair your car that is damaged by and "uninsured" motorist.

lefty

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Uninsured Motorist coverage only covers medical costs. If you or your passengers were injured you may be able to file a claim against your insurance.

There are two parts to uninsured motorist just like liability. UM property damage / UM bodily injury. You don't necessarily have to have both the coverages unlike liability though.

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    We summited pictures of our damage to our Ins. Co. today. under our uninsured motorist. I'll let ya'll know how that comes out

Top Bottom