Names

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Delicious Peters was a log truck driver. His D/L has been making the rounds since before I came on the job in 1978.

I've been hearing different people run him every few years since the 70's. They love to pull it on the new female dispatchers. :D

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    My girlfriend told me that back in high school, a black girl in her class wanted to name her child Spermicide. The girl was dead serious too.:eek3:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I can't wait for a certain somebody with under 30 posts who's "hardly a newbie" to find this thread next month- then lets everyone know how apalled he is, because this has nothing to do with firearms, is NOT nola.com, and that this is NOT Obama's fault......:rofl::rofl::rofl:

aard3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Mandeville, LA
    A friend that was a BR LEO once brought in a guy from the Clinton area named "Delicious Peters" (he made a copy of the guys' license to show around).

WOW... What a coincidence. I was about to post about this same guy!

When I was in college, I worked at Radio Shack, we sold a lot of cell phones, one day this guy comes in for a cellphone, I ask for a drivers license, and he gives it to me... Yes, his name was Delicious Peters...rofl...:rofl: we all got a pretty good kick out of it.

That was the Denham Springs Radio Shack on 16.

Aaron

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I remember there was a salesman named D1ck Shanks who worked for a company that sold label makers... :bowrofl:

I believe I'd have just used a "stage name" before putting that on a business card.:o

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    My mom always tells me funny names of people that pass through North Oaks while she is working.

The orangejello and lemonjello names ARE real people, Enamel is also a real name ( E-Nah-Mel ). Then she told me some I can't pronounce if my life depended on it.

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    Its just like warning lables on bleach that say "DO NOT DRINK". Its only on there because some dumbass actually did it.

Problem here is that it isn't that some dumbass did it - its that countless dumbasses continue to do it, even after it has become a stereotype, which is why it is still a stereotype.

I have yet to encounter a stereotype that wasn't substantially true.

I mean, recently on fox news I heard about a group of African American teens who were wading in a river when something happened and they all drowned. The family was devastated of course. But the news story continued, and said how something like 79% of African Americans either can't swim or are very poor swimmers.

I know stereotypes are by definition not totally true, because to say that "ALL african americans can't swim" is obviously not true, but when 4 in 5 can't swim, the stereotype is still far from fiction.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So I was at Wal-Mart yesterday getting groceries and such. When I got to the checkout line, I noticed my cashier's name badge.

No lie, her name was Vodkanique.

Really.

I mean, I've seen some crazy made up names on cashier types before, but seriously, this one was just named after liquor. Probably the liquor responsible for her conception, if I had to guess.

Now, I believe in freedom of expression and everyone's right to do whatever stupid **** they want, but seriously, if you name your kid Vodkanique, how is that person ever, EVER going to elevate themselves to a position higher than Wal-Mart cashier? Can you see someone with that name being taken seriously even as low as middle school? A person named Vodkanique probably couldn't go to college or get any job where it even remotely matters that customers know your name. A name like that just ruins a life.

This girl was at least 20, if not 30, so she's had this name for a long time. I can blame her mother for giving it to her, but the fact she never changed it suggests she probably doesn't care to do any better than Wal-Mart cashier.

I mean, could someone named Vodkanique even ever get married? Would anyone ever utter the words "will you marry me Vodkanique?"

Ok, rant over.

What are the most ridiculous names that any of you have encountered? I know I have seen more than just this one, but the other ones escape memory at this time.

I met a woman who claimed to name all of her kids after liquor and liqueurs. I crap you not. I remember Taaka and Tanqueray (I dunno how to spell it). Perhaps she was joking; perhaps not. Needless to say my opinion of her dropped to the floor.

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    I almost think it would be BETTER to name a kid Vodka than Vodkanique. Vodkanique is double stupid because it is like some sad attempt to legitimize the idea, or like we won't notice?

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My mom always tells me funny names of people that pass through North Oaks while she is working.

The orangejello and lemonjello names ARE real people, Enamel is also a real name ( E-Nah-Mel ). Then she told me some I can't pronounce if my life depended on it.

Yes, O-Ran -Gelo (orangello) is a "name" I joke about hoping and praying some woman didn't curse her son with that moniker. Good gracious. How about "Ash-o-lay" (spelled *******)? I hope that's a joke, too.

In the Detroit Metro Area there are "Mika" babes. It's reserved for the "typical" inner city chick with names like Tamika, Shanikwa, etc., etc. All of the names aren't bad but the stereotypes that go with them aren't at all pretty.

I don't know how many of you remember the Black comedian Robin Harris. He had a skit that dealt with the "Africanized" names of some Blacks by saying, "****, he know his ass is from Cleveland!" :rofl:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cruisewitro
    Top Bottom