Need a new CC 9mm pistol

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IlivnDaBoot!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2022
    SHREVEPORT
    I visited my LGS today (Academy), and looked at several pistols. I have narrowed my choices.
    Out - S&W M&P Shield Plus - Too large for me, and did not like the safety. It was hard to reach and toggle.
    Out - Ruger EC9 - Capacity too low - grip too thin.
    Out - Glock 43X - Too large compared to other micro 9s - Aftermarket magazine required for double stack capacity - The grip feels cheap and flimsy.
    Out - Sig P365 - Just did not like it as much as the remaining.
    In - Springfield Hellcat - great feel - like the sights - Good capacity - Springfield reliability
    In - Taurus GX4 - great feel - good capacity - great price
    Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
    Any thoughts on the Canik MC9? Academy did not have this gun.
    Have you tried out the Hellcat Pro? If you are honorably discharged veteran or a first responder Springfield Armory has a program called First Line and they give discounts on certain firearms with proof. I ended up getting the Hellcat Pro OSP and it came with 7 extra magazines because they were out of the range bags.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Attachments

• IMG_3350.jpeg
      IMG_3350.jpeg
      636.2 KB · Views: 16
    • IMG_3351.jpeg
      IMG_3351.jpeg
      486 KB · Views: 16
    • IMG_3352.jpeg
      IMG_3352.jpeg
      501.8 KB · Views: 16
    • IMG_3353.jpeg
      IMG_3353.jpeg
      556.1 KB · Views: 14

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    Good morning. Thanks for the replies. Any thoughts on the Ruger LCP Max for a pocket pistol? And then maybe a larger frame pistol that stays in the car?
    Smaller guns are easier to carry, store, are lighter and easier to conceal/hide. Larger guns are easier to shoot and hold more ammo.

I used to pocket carry a LCP 2 for a long time. I realized if I ever needed it, I'd probably have a bad time getting it out my pocket holster. So I started looking for better alternatives. Working to carry AIWB really opened things up for me. I've also tried multiple guns, holsters for even the same guns and carrying at different locations. It's an absolute to figure it all out because you don't know what you like until you live with it.

For a gun you keep in your vehicle, just make sure it doesn't bother you too much if it gets stolen.

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    For a gun you keep in your vehicle, just make sure it doesn't bother you too much if it gets stolen.
    THIS!!! They missed getting my Hi-Power by a couple of days. They were specifically looking for guns. Left behind a Mardi Gras cup full of change. I went out and bought a Ruger P95 at the next gun show, and hid the Browning!! They weren't shy about it either. Broke my back seat glass in a big apartment complex.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    THIS!!! They missed getting my Hi-Power by a couple of days. They were specifically looking for guns. Left behind a Mardi Gras cup full of change. I went out and bought a Ruger P95 at the next gun show, and hid the Browning!! They weren't shy about it either. Broke my back seat glass in a big apartment complex.
    Oh man, that sucks. I never leave anything of value in my car overnight. I’ve just heard too many stories and Hammond is not immune to the late night walk throughs from time to time.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    No. Bad.

Guys, don't leave guns in your ******* vehicles. Vehicles are not safes.

It is essentially guaranteed that a firearm stolen from your vehicle will be used by criminals for criminal things.

Don't be lazy and leave a gun in your car that could inevitably be used to kill an innocent person.

IlivnDaBoot!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2022
    SHREVEPORT
    Sorry to hear that, but thrilled to hear that they didn't get what they were looking for.

truckironsman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2023
    Greenwell Springs
    I'm looking for a new CC 9mm. I recently sold my Taurus G3C, mainly because of some FTF issues with my hollow points. A friend recommended a Glock 43X. I shot his recently and it was OK. I'm looking for some recommendations. Thanks.
    I have an sig 365. They make a million variations of it and you can it how you like.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom