New Orleans

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charles1959

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Covington, La.
    If you are bound and determined to do the Quarter, There is a way to experience quite a lot for a little bit of coin. Park and start hoofing it... Go to any of the better restaurants such as Galatoire's or Court of Two Sisters or Emeril's NOLA and have a cocktail and a waiter recommended specialty appetizer, enjoy it while soaking up the ambiance then pay your tab and head to the next closest upscale spot and do it all over again. After about 3 hours of this you will have had 4 or 5 cocktails and experienced some of the best each of these joints has to offer. My wife and I go there a couple times a year doing this and playing 'tourist'. It's a blast!
    Have fun.
    Charlie

In addition to the above mentioned:
    Stella! Restaurant
    Arnaud's Restaurant
    Cafe Giovanni
    Mister B's Bistro
    K-Pauls

Last edited:

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    Bourbon sucks... go to Frenchman St., always something fun going on there. Eat a Jaquimos.

Jacques Imos seems to have gone downhill a bit recently. The lest 2 or three times I've went, I've been disappointed. It used to be my favorite restaurant, but just hasn't been recently.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    Wow! I always enjoyed the beignets there. I must not know what good beignets taste like. Please enlighten me.

Well they don't taste like hard dried hunks of stale bread like I've gotten from cafe du' mond both times I've gone.
    Even the small breakfast/coffee shop in Houma makes them 1000x better.
    I do like their coffee tho.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    Because the beigenets suck at cafe du mond.
    The zoo, aquarium, and insectarium, are all good. You can get all 3 for $35/person.
    There's a great hoc art track on I10 just west of neworeans.
    Ride the trolly around for cheap.

Supposed to say go cart, not hoc art and I can't edit the post.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    http://www.neworleanscvb.com/ is a good place to start looking things up.

Your choices are wide-ranging, depending on what your preferences are. If you want some place to go and wear your finest, spend a lot of money, and be waited on hand and foot, while eating some incredible food, then go to Comander's Palace. If you want a Quarter neighborhood, knock back and have fun with the locals, spend a modest amount and have some good food, then go to Coop's. A relative newcomer that's nice is Galvez; it's upstairs behind Cafe Du Monde and has a great view of the river.

By all means, avoid anything that smacks of a national chain (local or state franchises like Mulate's or Michaul's are OK). In general, it's hard to find a truely BAD restaurant in New Orleans, just look for someplace that's been in business at least a year and you'll probably like what you get. Anything open less then that is too new, and anything bad won't make it a year.

Sadly, Cujo is right about Bourbon Street. It has degraded into mostly touristy nightspots and strip joints. (BTW Cujo, I went looking for the only NRA white bassist in a black blues band and couldn't find you - now I see why; I went on a Tuesday!) If you've never been to something like that, then I suppose you might go just to have fun, but I find it wears thin quickly. Jazz clubs in the Marigny Triangle will give you a better feel for New Orleans music, or you could try Kermit Ruffins new place, but it's in a VERY bad part of town.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    d9de1c6d-f756-42dc-b911-5de37ba7ed10.jpg

Just sayin

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members