New RJF 1911

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    Hey guys, Charlie here.
    Proud to announce our latest addition to the RJF product line.
    The RJF 1911!!
    I've wanted us to do one of these for a long time.. and here it s.

RJF_1911_4e0f61958b35e_300x300.jpg

Price per Unit (piece): $1,895.00
    Ships in 12-16 weeks
    Frame - USA manufactured 4140 Forged Carbon Steel by STI
    30 LPI Checkering on front strap and on steel mainspring housing
    Detachable bevelled magazine well
    Ambidextrous Safety
    High rise beavertail safety
    Slide - 4140 Forged Carbon Steel
    Front cocking serrations
    Full length one piece guide rod
    STI adjustable combat sights
    Hammer - CNC Machined A6 Tool Steel
    Sear - CNC Machined S7 Tool Steel
    Barrel - 416 Stainless 5" match grade, ramped
    Caliber - .45 ACP
    RJF guarantee:
    100% hand fit in small batches for ultimate lock-up and increased performance
    Hand polished ramped barrel tested for feed with premium hollowpoint ammunition
    Hand fit barrel and bushing for superior accuracy
    Hand stoned and polished hammer and sear for correct engagement and crisp release
    All pistols test fired for reliabilty, function, and accuracy.

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    No liquid cooling system? :(

I kid! Actually looks like a very nice package. And the price is actually good compared to other semi-customs. Can't wait to hear some range reports.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Hey Charlie, What kind of finish? Looks parkerized from the picture. What kind of numbers are you producing? We are fixing to move into new house which means a lot of new furniture so funding is low right now. But it would make a nice Christmas present.

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    Hey Charlie, What kind of finish? Looks parkerized from the picture. What kind of numbers are you producing? We are fixing to move into new house which means a lot of new furniture so funding is low right now. But it would make a nice Christmas present.

It's Gunkote . They're production items , means they're steadily being built . We'll have a S/S /Gunkote 2 tone up within a few weeks .

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Do you guys really think the price is high? Looked at Wilson, Nighthawk, etc lately? The proof is in the pudding, and obviously I've never seen/touched/smelled/shot the RJF 1911 but IF it performs that price is well on the low end of a hand fit semi-custom 1911. Based on everything else RJF has produced, I doubt this thing will be anything less than a top-notch pistol. If I was in the market for a nice 1911 I'd definitely give one a test run. Otherwise, I'd definitely say RJF has earned the benefit of the doubt to wait for range reports before anyone starts hatin'.

aard3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Mandeville, LA
    I'm was going to try to withhold judgment until I get to see one, but I'll be honest...I doubt I ever will.

So I'll say on first look, I think the price is too high... it looks to me that it's just a STI Lawman (MSRP 1419.60) rebranded... or a very similar gun, assembled at Red Jacket.

There is a huge difference between a Wilson/Nighthawk VS. others... and it's not JUST about performance... I have a Springfield Operator that has been extremely reliable and accurate, and I'd put it up against any custom 1911 out there... but when you start to compare the fit and finish to a Wilson or Nighthawk, there is no comparison. Wilson and Nighthawks cost the big $$ because they are literally works of art... no machine marks, sharp edges, etc. Everything fits perfectly.

Aaron

Top Bottom