New RJF 1911

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't buy a 1911 from Baer or RJF. If I'm going to spend that kind of money, a smith will build me a "one of a kind" pistol. You do have some options with Baer, but not enough for me to drop that kind of cash. Baer is more of a semi-custom builder, like Kimber was at one time.

A full house custom from a known smith will cost more than double or triple a Baer with a 3-7 year wait.

Last edited:

sigfan556

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    slidell,LA
    Baer has been in the 1911 business for many years and that's is what they specialize in. They know 1911's and are known to have one of the tightest ones out there. RJF has not been in the 1911 business all that long. I would rather entrust my money with a company that specializes in something that has a national reputation for putting out one of the finest of something than someone who is just gettting into something.

You can give someone all the high quality parts you want. One place will be better at putting them together than the other due to years of experience than the other. Baers reputation that they have well earned says what the do is deserved.

If I wanted a Saiga conversion I wouldnt go to Baer. If I wanted a custom 1911 I wouldn't go to RJF. Just because a place is on tv doesn't make them an expert in something. Not bashing RJF.
    + 1000 that what i was saying don't get me wrong im not bashing them. i just think they are charging that much because of the tv show. if i wanted a really nice ak i would buy one from them.

OohIt'sPretty!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    So, it looks like no one here has bought or even tried one... for a forum based in louisiana, with members that apparently know the RJF crew personally, that kinda speaks volumes to me.
    I'll just go with a cheap entry-level 1911, and then fix it as I have time, interest, and money.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I hate 1911's, but I have tried the RJF 1911 and I liked it. I'm no 1911 guru though, so I don' look for all the hand fitting stuff, but it was a smooth gun that felt very nice, and shot very well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom