New security measures

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    Absof**kinglutely ridiculous! The state has a 1.6 Billion dollar shortfall yet we find this money to hyper-protect these scumbags!

If you could buy them for their worth and sell them for what they think their worth you could retire to your own island !

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Hollis says he hit his windshield and his air bag deployed. He cut his wrist in the accident, shattered the face of his watch and was shaken up, but otherwise says he's OK.
    From the link on the OP.

Hmm, looks like a lawmaker is not in the habit of wearing his seatbelt. State law I thought...

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I believe he was in a parking lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, pretty sure he was as stated in the article. So, he waits until he gets on the road to put his seatbelt on, or takes the seatbelt off as soon as he pulls into a parking lot? And, how did that work for him? He hit the windshield...

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Beining one that works on those systems, it's always OPERATOR ERROR ! I have never seen the software fail, it has always done it's job. Either the driver or the person at the manual controls made a mistake. With that said, usually the property owner (in this case the state, or US) foots the bill. Judging from the video there are no card readers at this exit point. My money is on a gaurd not paying attention and hitting the UP bollard button !

There is a multipurpose terminal and a big RED/GREEN light next to the bollards. He ignored the signal, security terminal AND a stop sign in the process of ramming the bollards. This gate has ground induction sensors, the truck cleared the outside sensor and the bollard control did its job.

W3B40H.jpg

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Yep, pretty sure he was as stated in the article. So, he waits until he gets on the road to put his seatbelt on, or takes the seatbelt off as soon as he pulls into a parking lot? And, how did that work for him? He hit the windshield...

Looks like he was entering the parking lot so maybe he took it off to reach the key card box

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    As stated earlier, he wasn't trying to reach the key card box, he was simply attempting to run the blockade on his way OUT of the parking lot.

I agree he was haul ass out behind the truck. I just posted about the other to say he might have taken it off coming in the lot.

Does DPS control all that?

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    There is a multipurpose terminal and a big RED/GREEN light next to the bollards. He ignored the signal, security terminal AND a stop sign in the process of ramming the bollards. This gate has ground induction sensors, the truck cleared the outside sensor and the bollard control did its job.

W3B40H.jpg
    If that were true there would be gate arms before the bollards, in most cases the exiting terminal is simply a camera and an intercom. My money is on HE GOT JACKED by the gaurd. Seen it over and over! If not then it is a VERY poorly designed system and their will be many more of these accidents. And the state (US ) will pay again !

Last edited:

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Yeah I don't see the need to restrain traffic from exiting the parking lot with such severity.

If you didn't want people sneaking out, install a camera or two. :confused:

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    If that were true there would be gate arms before the bollards, in most cases the exiting terminal is simply a camera and an intercom. My money is on HE GOT JACKED by the gaurd. Seen it over and over! If not then it is a VERY poorly designed system and their will be many more of these accidents. And the state (US ) will pay again !

Yeah I don't see the need to restrain traffic from exiting the parking lot with such severity.

If you didn't want people sneaking out, install a camera or two. :confused:

The system is there to keep people from going into the parking lot through the exit. Not keep people from exiting. The sensors are in the ground. Scan card, drive through. Sensors see that the vehicle has gone through, bollards rise back up immediately.

Also people keep complaining about how much money was spent for this. As I was explained, the system is part of a federal grant to improve security for the Capitol. Nothing else. It was either use it for this or lose it.

Top Bottom