New Springfield Operator Sights Off?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aard3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Mandeville, LA
    Hey Guys,

So I recently (week ago), purchased a new Springfield MC Operator from a local dealer here in Mandeville... So far I've taken it out 3 times... and it is consistently shooting left by a couple inches at about 25ft.

I know what you're thinking... because I think the same thing when someone tells me this... that it's not the gun, it's the shooter... but I've had two other experienced shooters shoot it, and both experienced the same problem.

After shooting today at honey island, where I thoroughly tested my hypothesis... I took a look at the rear sight, and from what I can tell, it's definitely not centered. It is pushed over too far to the left... I tried to tap it over, but no go, it's in there pretty snug, and I don't want to risk damaging the tritiums...

So do I

1.) Take it back to the local dealer (ARMS) and see if they can push it back? Anyone know if they can do this sort of thing?

2.) Send it back to Springfield... I really don't want to do this for something so simple... since I know it will take a few weeks to get back

3.) Anyone know a local gunsmith that could push it into place... shouldn't take much work... it's not off by much!

FYI: Other than that, this gun is awesome... groups are ridiculously small! I've put about 300 rounds through her, mostly ball ammo, but some mixed hollow points... absolutely 0 malfunctions. Slide/Frame fit is tight... trigger is good. The two mags it came with work no problem, and I bought 2 extra chip mccormick mags...they work flawlessly also!

P.S. Anyone that doesn't believe me that it's off (I know there will be some doubters), you're more than welcome to try it... I'm off Tuesday and I'll be at VATA's class this weekend!

Thanks,

Aaron

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    At least it's an issue with an easier fix than sending it back to SA. My dad's new emp 9mm was shooting about 3-4" low. He wasn't fond of filing down the front sight so he had to send it back to springfield to get it replaced. Shoots fine now.

aard3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Mandeville, LA
    Hey Guys,

Yea, Scott @ ARMS sent me a PM... I'm going to swing by there this week and let them push it over a little! So far they have been great... this is my second gun purchase from them... always nice to deal with local guys.

@themcfarland, yea, I've been wanting one for awhile... on kinda a whim I decided to get one... I really wanted more of a hybrid between the TRP and the Operator... didn't want the adjustable sights or bull barrel on the TRP, but wanted the front grip checkering. I figure one day I'll send it in to Springfields custom shop and have the front checkered and refinished.. who knows, I may decide I like it the way it is!

Aaron

aard3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Mandeville, LA
    Just an update... Scott @ ARMS fixed it no problem. great customer service!

For anyone interested, put another 150 rounds of FMJ and Hollow points through it... 0 problems!

Aaron

Top Bottom