New tax incentive for buying safes, anyone using it?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smb5769

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Legislature passed some kind of tax incentive for gun safes last year, something about being able to write off up to $500 for gun storage item purchase like safes and gun locks. Anyone know anything about it? Am I the only one that is a bit leery of it being able to be used as a backdoor registry, especially considering that a Democrat is the one that proposed it?

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Legislature passed some kind of tax incentive for gun safes last year, something about being able to write off up to $500 for gun storage item purchase like safes and gun locks. Anyone know anything about it? Am I the only one that is a bit leery of it being able to be used as a backdoor registry, especially considering that a Democrat is the one that proposed it?
    First I've heard about this. Interesting.

smb5769

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    This is on the state revenue site. Only $500,000 can be claimed? So I guess that means once they get 100 people claiming the credit, Mr. or Mrs. 101+ is up shat creek?
    4867c806b2c7887c6d29db4528f15d52.jpg

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    You can bet your a$$ if this is true there will be strings attached. Better pray if you declare it on your taxes and a gun comes up missing, used in a crime, stolen, etc..there will be a big penalty. Probably a felony.

smb5769

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    They know who got gun safes now
    That was my thought exactly when I first heard of it. Not like they don't already know who has what generally speaking. Me personally id just have a safe like that to store important papers and electronic equipment, since I'm just a nerd that likes radios but not guns. I'd never have guns

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    If you bought a safe with a credit card or through a bank loan they know you have it already. They have already caught Banks and Credit card companies giving the information to the Feds.

Top Bottom