New tax incentive for buying safes, anyone using it?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smb5769

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Legislature passed some kind of tax incentive for gun safes last year, something about being able to write off up to $500 for gun storage item purchase like safes and gun locks. Anyone know anything about it? Am I the only one that is a bit leery of it being able to be used as a backdoor registry, especially considering that a Democrat is the one that proposed it?

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Legislature passed some kind of tax incentive for gun safes last year, something about being able to write off up to $500 for gun storage item purchase like safes and gun locks. Anyone know anything about it? Am I the only one that is a bit leery of it being able to be used as a backdoor registry, especially considering that a Democrat is the one that proposed it?
    First I've heard about this. Interesting.

smb5769

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    This is on the state revenue site. Only $500,000 can be claimed? So I guess that means once they get 100 people claiming the credit, Mr. or Mrs. 101+ is up shat creek?
    4867c806b2c7887c6d29db4528f15d52.jpg

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    You can bet your a$$ if this is true there will be strings attached. Better pray if you declare it on your taxes and a gun comes up missing, used in a crime, stolen, etc..there will be a big penalty. Probably a felony.

smb5769

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    They know who got gun safes now
    That was my thought exactly when I first heard of it. Not like they don't already know who has what generally speaking. Me personally id just have a safe like that to store important papers and electronic equipment, since I'm just a nerd that likes radios but not guns. I'd never have guns

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    If you bought a safe with a credit card or through a bank loan they know you have it already. They have already caught Banks and Credit card companies giving the information to the Feds.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom