No longer for sale

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Had the gun out at Palo Alto today getting some practice in. It's now been up for sale for over a year and I've had a few people ask how much life is left to the barrel. One of these shots was round 3000. This is a 10 shot group at 100yds. witnessed by Chaser2020. It's under one MOA and would have been even tighter but the lowest shot (#9) I pulled and called it low. The upper left group is me working my windage back to zero after shooting 600yds. The circles are 1".

This barrel should only be half way through it's life.....if that.

10shotgroup.jpg

Last edited:

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    I do have some scopes left over in the bathroom waste basket from the last gun I sold.....hhhmmmmmmm.

I sold the dog but he found his way back home. You can send me a check for him if you'd like to try though.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    Just wondering my JP Ar15 came factory with a cryro treated match stainless barrel, it has near 10K rounds and shoots as accurate as when it was new. I am thinking of cryro treating my stock Savage barrel, should tighten up the group a bit and really prolong the life

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Just wondering my JP Ar15 came factory with a cryro treated match stainless barrel, it has near 10K rounds and shoots as accurate as when it was new. I am thinking of cryro treating my stock Savage barrel, should tighten up the group a bit and really prolong the life

I have a difficult time believing a barrel with 10,000 rounds on it is as accurate as when it was new. There is no way that cryoing a barrel will prolong the accuracy life to 3X the norm. Have you measured the throat to see how much erosion has occurred?

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Sgt Daniel Horner is the 3 year US champion in the 3 gun discipline and shoots on the AMU, he has repeatedly turned down the AMU gunsmith's match barrels for his 15K round count JP rifle, he claims this JP rifle, which is Cryro treated, is much more accurate/longer lasting than anything the AMU can put out. I will try and find the article where he quotes the info on the JP rifle. My rifle/barrel has never deviated from the original 1/2 MOA. Have not measured the throat, do you have the gauge for this ?? I like to know

Golden Dragon can verify Horner's rifle/barrel as he has shot on his squad and inspected said rifle.

Last edited:

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    That is kind of amazing. I wonder why the service rifle guys don't use them. I ditch my button rifled barrels after 3000 rounds and the cut rifled barrels before 5000. Our barrels start to lose accuracy at 600 yards. They will last longer if you are only shooting 200 yards. Or that is what they tell me.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Oh and the throat gauge? We just measure the over all length to the lands using a certain bullet. If you measure it when the barrel is new, you can check it periodically to see how much the throat is eroding.

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Can everyone please stop posting on this? Everytime it gets bumped I must click it and start drooling at the pictures.. also, is the scope included? And what about the dog? :)

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    3 gun rifle targets are generally 300 yds and in. I have only used heavy bullets a couple of range sessions since my barrel was new. We generally all use 55 or 62gr fmj since it is mostly steel targets and close range paper, that may be why I am still getting great accuracy, and mine are not loaded to the max of the charts.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    I am Nigerian Prince. I see you item for sell. I grant you large opportunity for personal finance benefit. You be so rich you make everyone a happy kwanza. Please send item via airmail to my agent in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA and transfer $2000 American monies via Western Onion to the secret account number of my agent in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA, will be provide to consummate transaction. Your grand reward then be overnight ground shipped to you via armoured delivery van disguised as regular USP van. Please to email when item and monies are shipped.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    This rifle will be out at the Field Precision Rifle match this Saturday at Palo Alto. If you're interested and would like to shoot it in the match I will cover your match fee and ammo if you buy it before we leave the range.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wrobi2016
    Top Bottom