NON-LEO w/ Dash Cams in N.O.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • #1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    If they do it (filming)in the open infront of the thugs they will likely get killed.They had better do it on the slick.I thought we just spent thousands on camaras in the city?Oh its ran by the city.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    If they do it (filming)in the open infront of the thugs they will likely get killed.They had better do it on the slick.I thought we just spent thousands on camaras in the city?Oh its ran by the city.

When asked why the crime cameras don't work; but the red light cameras do it was explained that the red light cameras generate revenue and therefore have priority. WOW:eek5:

cajungunslinger

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    They didnt do anything about the crime before, why would cameras make a difference. Just gives the appearance that they are doing something about it.

IonicDOG

Hacker
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    Houma, LA
    Anyone else notice that the dash cam they're using to fight crime, is right next to a device used to aid them in breaking the law,,,a radar detector??

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I'm OK with the concept ................ but for the sake of pickiness .......... cops are civilians too.

Actually, cops are not civilians when used in this context. Relative to the para-military nature of law enforcement, non-law enforcement are thus termed "civlians.", but I know...we are all created equal.

:rolleyes:

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Actually, cops are not civilians when used in this context. Relative to the para-military nature of law enforcement, non-law enforcement are thus termed "civlians.", but I know...we are all created equal.

:rolleyes:

Actually cops are, in a legal context, civilians. If you aren't in the military, you are a civilian. http://www.bigpedia.com/encyclopedia/Civilian

In common usage, LEO's (and sometimes fire fighters) are thought of, and are often referred to, as non-civilians ...... hence my reference to "pickiness."

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Actually cops are, in a legal context, civilians. If you aren't in the military, you are a civilian. http://www.bigpedia.com/encyclopedia/Civilian

In common usage, LEO's (and sometimes fire fighters) are thought of, and are often referred to, as non-civilians ...... hence my reference to "pickiness."

Hence the phrase, dr encylopedia,:mamoru: "in this context". Good try though.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Can you guys beat a dead horse much longer over Nolacop? I get the sense he is not happy with it, and it's been poked at him for a while now too.

By all means feel free to do it, maybe he'll incarcerate you for 24 hours just because he can too.

LAYNFRM

in the fire
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    central/pride
    Can you guys beat a dead horse much longer over Nolacop? I get the sense he is not happy with it, and it's been poked at him for a while now too.

By all means feel free to do it, maybe he'll incarcerate you for 24 hours just because he can too.

read his last post. i'm pretty sure he knows everyone is joshing with him.

Top Bottom