NOVESKE?!?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aleks61

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Has anyone seen any in stock anywhere? Noveske had some 12.5" uppers on their site the other day, but I was just wondering if maybe someone had some in stock. Upper and/or rifles.

35hfz1g.jpg

Last edited:

aleks61

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    What kind of rifle are you looking for and or what do you intend to do with it?

I generally tend to go for 16" carbines. I don't throw my rifles around, but I do shoot a lot. It's not unusual for me to take my rifles and shoot 1,000 rounds out of each in one sitting. I have 2 LMT defenders that I want to replace. I bought my 1st Noveske 6 months ago and fell in love with it. Makes my LMT's look like Bushmasters.

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    If you want rifles of similar quality and similar price and cachet if take a look at the guys at Legion. They Nickel Boron Coat everything which enhances durability. Personally I think with Noveske your paying alot for a name but opinions on that vary. I will say that to me my Noveske is no better than my Daniel Defense Stuff in form or function.

aleks61

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I had 2 DDM4's and I did not care for them. Yeah, they went bang everytime, but the overall build quality was pretty standard. Wobbly upper and lower fit, the finish was far from perfect, and one of the bolts that attaches the quad rail to the rifle was stripped when I bought it. Both were purchased brand new. Noveske rifles are slightly over-priced, but when you add up the parts you are getting, I can justify that extra cash. To each his own I suppose.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I had 2 DDM4's and I did not care for them. Yeah, they went bang everytime, but the overall build quality was pretty standard. Wobbly upper and lower fit, the finish was far from perfect, and one of the bolts that attaches the quad rail to the rifle was stripped when I bought it. Both were purchased brand new. Noveske rifles are slightly over-priced, but when you add up the parts you are getting, I can justify that extra cash. To each his own I suppose.

How often do you shoot?
    You train with those weapons hard?
    put them through hell?
    I am pretty sure Nate does... I would trust his opinion in rifles. I'm sure if you felt that way and it is true why not contact DD and allow them to make it right?
    Do you still have those rifles? I will take them off your hands if you don't like them :D

aleks61

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I have never heard of Legion, but I am about to look into it. And I sold both of my DD's to a friend about 4 months ago. I had a DDM4 V1 and V5, 5.56.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    The TDP allows for 1/8" of play between the upper and lower and it effects nothing. If it bothers you definitely check out legion.

aleks61

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Legion has some nice stuff, but I am still leaning towards Noveske. Really cool company though, I have never heard of them up until now and I really like their products. Any other suggestions?

matt99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Shreveport
    If you dont mind waiting, Larue is always a great option.

I heard they were sending out lowers and a few other essential parts so a ban wouldn't affect your build. When its your turn, you send them back for the build

Top Bottom