NOVESKE?!?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aleks61

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Good call. I believe the reason I have a shift in POI is because of how my mount was welded on my 14.5". According to Barry Dueck, Noveske was a little bit over-zealous welding the pin and the mount likely shifted a bit because of it. I have a 4MOA shift to exactly 6 o'clock, allegedly because of that. I have not had a chance yet to test it on my SBR.

Wow, I have never heard of such. So you are saying that your muzzle device isn't in the right position?

Last edited:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Why 14.5? If you're doing an SBR and decide to suppress it later it will still be somewhat long. I went 10.5 and when suppressed it's around the same size of a 16 inch barreled carbine.

Just a suggestion.

JR1572

aleks61

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Why 14.5? If you're doing an SBR and decide to suppress it later it will still be somewhat long. I went 10.5 and when suppressed it's around the same size of a 16 inch barreled carbine.

Just a suggestion.

JR1572

Im doing both, 14.5 is all I could find right now. Will get a 10.5 as soon as I complete this build.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    It seems like you made up your mind before making this thread and are looking past a lot of really good advice because of it. I'm not an expert, nothing even close, but what I can tell you is that you are getting some responses from some very intelligent and informed people. I'd seriously think about what they are saying and what it means. Looks, removing an insignificant wobble, etc. are pretty bad reasons to make choices, and from what I've seen I'd put you on the path to a 2500 dollar frankenrifle that is lower quality than many cheaper factory rifles.

aleks61

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    It seems like you made up your mind before making this thread and are looking past a lot of really good advice because of it. I'm not an expert, nothing even close, but what I can tell you is that you are getting some responses from some very intelligent and informed people. I'd seriously think about what they are saying and what it means. Looks, removing an insignificant wobble, etc. are pretty bad reasons to make choices, and from what I've seen I'd put you on the path to a 2500 dollar frankenrifle that is lower quality than many cheaper factory rifles.

I knew that I wanted a Noveske, I was open to other options, but I ended up going with Noveske. I have taken every bit of advice into considersation, such as: don't pin and weld the barrel, mix and match bolt and carrier is ok, think about a shorter barrel if I plan on running a can, Vltor may be incorrect about my lead time, and DD makes great rifles that are covered in titty sprinkles. Did I miss anything?

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Though it would be near impossible right now, have you contacted Noveske in regards to a replacement?
    4moa shift isn't a big deal and its mainly my training rifle, anyway. I'm really not worried about it. I don't shoot it suppressed much compared to unsuppressed, anyway.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Your relatively young and in expirenced. You clearly have money to spend. Before you waste some of said money and a bunch of time why don't you PM BS member mouthpiece. He is an attorney. He can set up a trust for you. It's worth the money to have that done correctly.

aleks61

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I found someone that will help me throughout this process. I didn't want to do a trust because I don't know if I will do more than 1 sbr. If I decide to do another sbr in the future, I will most likely have my attorney form a trust.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom