Obama's 10 Point Firearms Plan.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    01/05/2016
    Obama’s 10-point executive action on gun violence.

Here are the 10 points of President Barack Obama’s proposed gun control executive action (from the White House fact sheet)

1. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) is making clear that it doesn’t matter where you conduct your business — from a store, at gun shows, or over the Internet: If you’re in the business of selling firearms, you must get a license and conduct background checks.

2. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is finalizing a rule to require background checks for people trying to buy some of the most dangerous weapons and other items through a trust, corporation, or other legal entity.

3. The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is overhauling the background check system to make it more effective and efficient. The envisioned improvements include processing background checks 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and improving notification of local authorities when certain prohibited persons unlawfully attempt to buy a gun. The FBI will hire more than 230 additional examiners and other staff to help process these background checks.

4. The President’s FY2017 budget will include funding for 200 new ATF agents and investigators to help enforce our gun laws.

5. ATF has established an Internet Investigation Center to track illegal online firearms trafficking and is dedicating $4 million and additional personnel to enhance the National Integrated Ballistics Information Network.

6. ATF is finalizing a rule to ensure that dealers who ship firearms notify law enforcement if their guns are lost or stolen in transit.

7. The Administration is proposing a new $500 million investment to increase access to mental health care.

8. The Social Security Administration has indicated that it will begin the rulemaking process to include information in the background check system about beneficiaries who are prohibited from possessing a firearm for mental health reasons.

9. The Department of Health and Human Services is finalizing a rule to remove unnecessary legal barriers preventing States from reporting relevant information about people prohibited from possessing a gun for specific mental health reasons.

10. The President has directed the Departments of Defense, Justice, and Homeland Security to conduct or sponsor research into gun safety technology.

Last edited:

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Is #1 as vague as it is because it is incomplete or is it vague so the policy is blanket in that you cannot make a personal sell at all ever. I wonder.....just thinking out loud.

And I don't understand #2 at all. As if a background check wasn't all ready required.

#8 is intrusive and kinda scary.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    10. The President has directed the Departments of Defense, Justice, and Homeland Security to conduct or sponsor research into gun safety technology.

3670438.jpg

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    I'm curious to see if they will try to include anyone who's ever been on ADD or depression medication at any point in their lives.

Vas te faire encule Isis. Nous sommes Unis

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    1. No way to enforce without registration.

2. Don't NFA purchased require a background check??
    3. GOOD

4. We still pass budgets?

5. They may find some big time sellers, that they can prove sell to disqualified individuals.

6. Ok.

7. Pointless.

8. WTF? So that online medical record database they pushed years ago, that many apposed for privacy reasons, may have a new purpose? What about privacy law?

9. Too vague... we need to determine now what is mental illness. For decades now we have been a "excuse nation" where nothing is anyone's fault due to (insert condition). Time for that ass biting I guess.

10. Huh...

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Yeah I didn't think this would shut down private sales like BS classifieds. This doesn't change anything for me.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Today the blm and ranchers

Tomorrow the ATF and us!!

If you dont believe that we are slowly being nudged into submission you are fooling yourselves.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    So I wonder what gun sales have done in the last few days.

I'm ok w/ #6. The rest are either pointless or more often open to misuse. The mental health definitions are a definite problem. Holding MD's accountable for determining that you are mentally stable enough to own a firearm? To protect their malpractice rates the only thing they can do is say that everyone is crazy.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    It depends. One description I heard was that if you transfer more than 2 guns a year, even if it is a gift to a nephew, then you will be considered a dealer.

I haven't seen a single official announcement that this is the case. Could they try to push this? Maybe, but that isn't the case here IMO

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    I haven't seen a single official announcement that this is the case. Could they try to push this? Maybe, but that isn't the case here IMO

This was explained on Fox News by Judge Napolitano. True or not, I can't say. Definitely not an "official" announcement to be sure. But Obama is good at holding his cards close. Time will tell.

Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    #2 - a background check is not currently required.
    You fill out form like for weapon but not called in for check.
    This will require a background check for Trust members (with some exceptions) plus fingerprints and if I read it right CLEO to certify it is really your info. (Not a "sign off" like is required for an individual.

nola000

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2015
    Lacombe
    Window dressing for the ignorant.

"1. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) is making clear that it doesn’t matter where you conduct your business — from a store, at gun shows, or over the Internet: If you’re in the business of selling firearms, you must get a license and conduct background checks."

"in the business" -

18 U.S. Code § 921 - Definitions

(21) The term *engaged in the business* means—
    (C) as applied to a dealer in firearms, as defined in section 921(a)(11)(A), a person who devotes time, attention, and labor to dealing in firearms as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit through the repetitive purchase and resale of firearms, but such term shall not include a person who makes occasional sales, exchanges, or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a personal collection or for a hobby, or who sells all or part of his personal collection of firearms;
    (D) as applied to a dealer in firearms, as defined in section 921(a)(11)(B), a person who devotes time, attention, and labor to engaging in such activity as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit, but such term shall not include a person who makes occasional repairs of firearms, or who occasionally fits special barrels, stocks, or trigger mechanisms to firearms;

(11) The term *dealer* means (A) any person engaged in the business of selling firearms at wholesale or retail, (B) any person engaged in the business of repairing firearms or of making or fitting special barrels, stocks, or trigger mechanisms to firearms, or (C) any person who is a pawnbroker. The term *licensed dealer* means any dealer who is licensed under the provisions of this chapter.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    I can't help but get the feeling that we are all swallowing the bait and acting exactly the way we are being "nudged". He is using the same tactic with this as he has everything else - preposterous proposals, outrageous claims about what it will do "for the children", dictate to the beaurocracy to enforce only what benefits his political agenda long term, stir everyone up and them bogged down in court cases and details, then just sit back and wait. No one really opposes in any really meaningful way so it sticks, eventually forgotten and overtime just becomes accepted. Meanwhile, he starts the same scheme with something else and diverts attention yet again in another direction. Ad infinitem. He has been doing it under our noses from the beginning steadily "Transforming the Country".

Top down, inside out, overwhelm the system. Eventually, things only mean what the regime says they mean. It's the progressive's way and purpose in life. Also, the antithesis of liberty.

Top Bottom