Octane 9 End Caps Now Available

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    I tested the end cap out this morning. The noise level is about the same maybe a little quieter with the 9mm cap. There was a slight difference in tone. The last baffle was easy to remove from cap once the can heated up.

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    I shot mine today. The octane 45HD with a 9mm end cap is noticeably quieter than my tirant 9. I think it is absolutely worth the 60 bucks.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I shot mine today. The octane 45HD with a 9mm end cap is noticeably quieter than my tirant 9. I think it is absolutely worth the 60 bucks.

Cant wait to order mine!

Also..I wonder if the 5.56 Saker endcap would fit on the Octane...the OD on the octane is 1.37" and the OD on the Saker is 1.5".....just a thought. Anyone with both cans care to elborate, measure, take pics?

If you have a Saker and you are close to the Nola area, I would be willing to meet up to compare to my Octane 45.

Last edited:

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    Cant wait to order mine!

Also..I wonder if the 5.56 Saker endcap would fit on the Octane...the OD on the octane is 1.37" and the OD on the Saker is 1.5".....just a thought. Anyone with both cans care to elborate, measure, take pics?

If you have a Saker and you are close to the Nola area, I would be willing to meet up to compare to my Octane 45.

Just eyeballing the saker 5.56 endcap next to the octane I can tell they have different thread pitches. They look about the same o.d. and the saker cap is about a third or fourth of the width of the octane so I don't think they would be interchangeable even if threads were the same. The saker 5.56 cap on the 7.62 saker is noticeably quieter to me at the ear on 11.5" sbr than with the 7.62 cap if you're thinking about that can for multiple calibers.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Just eyeballing the saker 5.56 endcap next to the octane I can tell they have different thread pitches. They look about the same o.d. and the saker cap is about a third or fourth of the width of the octane so I don't think they would be interchangeable even if threads were the same. The saker 5.56 cap on the 7.62 saker is noticeably quieter to me at the ear on 11.5" sbr than with the 7.62 cap if you're thinking about that can for multiple calibers.

I was considering the saker or the Omega. Still shopping around.

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    Do you think its because of a larger internal volume?

The Octane is not that much bigger ( 3/8" in length, 1/4" in diameter). The baffle design is different, the outer tube is different material. I'm pretty certain that volume plays a decent sized part.

The tone is a lot deeper on the octane, so it sounds even more quiet.

The tirant is a lot lighter. For the $400 that i paid for the Tirant, it was worth it. I am not sorry that I bought 2 octane 45HDs though ( one black, one FDE). I am going to leave one of em in the 9mm config.

The octane 45hd set up for 9mm was EERIE quiet on my POF MP5K clone. I'm probably going to relegate the Tirant9 to the mp5k clone once i get my rebate back and pick up the 3 lug adapter.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    The Octane is not that much bigger ( 3/8" in length, 1/4" in diameter). The baffle design is different, the outer tube is different material. I'm pretty certain that volume plays a decent sized part.

The tone is a lot deeper on the octane, so it sounds even more quiet.

The tirant is a lot lighter. For the $400 that i paid for the Tirant, it was worth it. I am not sorry that I bought 2 octane 45HDs though ( one black, one FDE). I am going to leave one of em in the 9mm config.

The octane 45hd set up for 9mm was EERIE quiet on my POF MP5K clone. I'm probably going to relegate the Tirant9 to the mp5k clone once i get my rebate back and pick up the 3 lug adapter.

I see youre in the Nola area. Did you get your POF from Kenney at meplat? I want one so bad as a host....i need a reason to buy a 3 lug mount! Lol. Its either that or the Cz Scorpion.

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    I see youre in the Nola area. Did you get your POF from Kenney at meplat? I want one so bad as a host....i need a reason to buy a 3 lug mount! Lol. Its either that or the Cz Scorpion.

yep. He has 3 of the reverse stretch models in stock right now.

If you go see him, say hi to my tavor for me.. it's hanging on his wall.. ( waiting for the form 4 to come back on the ratworx can. )

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Mine came in Monday. The 9mm cap is longer .602" vs the .566" .45 cap so the last threads stick out slightly instead of being recessed. The 9mm cap also has a smaller ID so the last baffle fits very tightly in there and required me to push with Allen key to remove it. Plan to try it out Friday morning.

Just got my cap in today...yeah yeah I know Im late to the game....but you werent kidding. That thing fits tighter than a fleas ass over a rainbarrel.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    So i install the endcap, happy as a clam....put my can on my Masterpiece Arms 930sst and load up some 147gr Winchester Train and Defend fmj...shoot 3 rounds and the rounds stop hitting paper. I thought my sights were off, nope endcap strike. Causing keyholes in the target. SiCo has me taken care of though as usual...new one in the mail.... Ill make a thread about it later pics.

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    That sucks you had an endcap strike right off the bat. Glad SiCo is taking care of you. Have you checked the concentricity of the barrel on the masterpiece? Wonder if the 45 end cap could have been hiding the issue since it leaves more room for a 9mm bullet to pass through. I've been shooting the 147 train and defend fmj and haven't had any problems with that ammo yet. Please keep us updated.

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    Just got my cap in today...yeah yeah I know Im late to the game....but you werent kidding. That thing fits tighter than a fleas ass over a rainbarrel.

I look a dremel to mine. sanded down the ID where the last baffle fits in so it had the same fit as the 45 endcap. Much much happier now. much easier to take it apart now.

Pretty much only had to take the black coating off of it for it to fit the last baffle better.

I got pretty tired of wrestling with it.

sucks about the end cap strike. I've used mine of a p226, hk p30, g19, 300aac AR , and a ppq with no issues.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    SUM BICH
    1a9867aaec5c8f94485e34f786c5c6f5.jpg

Shot it with the 9mm end cap before with no issues even using crap reloads. Shot today with Winchester 147 and Federal 115 and this.............. Not exactly sure when it happened or with what ammo.

Last edited:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    SUM BICH
    1a9867aaec5c8f94485e34f786c5c6f5.jpg

Shot it with the 9mm end cap before with no issues even using crap reloads. Shot today with Winchester 147 and Federal 115 and this.............. Not exactly sure when it happened or with what ammo.

nooooo! Not you too. Man wtf....Could there be a bad batch of endcaps?

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    No clue.... I have a bad habit of burning my hand after every mag to make sure it stays tight, so that's not the issue either. I'll call them Monday I guess. Although, it's not hurting anything the way it is now; the holes just a little bigger in one spot :)

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    That sucks you had an endcap strike right off the bat. Glad SiCo is taking care of you. Have you checked the concentricity of the barrel on the masterpiece? Wonder if the 45 end cap could have been hiding the issue since it leaves more room for a 9mm bullet to pass through. I've been shooting the 147 train and defend fmj and haven't had any problems with that ammo yet. Please keep us updated.

Yep, heres the update....I have not checked the cocentricity of the bore. I shot it with the damaged endcap on my G19 w sico threaded barrel with no evidence of keyholes using the 147gr win T&d after being told it wouldnt harm any by sico. After seeing one ragged hole about the size of a half dollar from 10 rounds at around 10 yards I began to believe that the culprit was the cocentricity of my MPA 930sst bore. Now keep in mind this is not the first time Ive had issues with the MPA. (First time was a burr or defect in the firing pin channel or a bad pin. Next was a cracked sear due to a walked roll pin in their new anti trigger slap sear design). So far I am rooting for MPA as their customer service has been nothing but excellent and accomodating for me. I really want to like this gun as it will hopefully be a sbr candidate in the near future....anyway back on track: I spoke with Brandon at MPA in the shop. I explained in detail my situation of how I had no issues with the 45 cap and only with the 9mm cap. He sent me down the path of trouble shooting saying that the combination of the length and weight of the 147 gr projectile may not be stablizing in the shorter 3" with a 1 in 14 twist rate. So upon his suggestion I went and shot some lighter Aguila 115gr fmj at a full body B27 target at 25yds...and BOOM more key holes! Looks like Ill be sending my pistol back to MPA for a second go round. Like I said I really want this to be made right because I dont want to have to use any of my set up in a abbreviated fashion with a 45 endcap....the bore needs to be corrected. It will be sent off next week. The gun is very accurate other than that. Eats anything after the previous revisions too. Ill keep yall updated as it this goes through...anyway heres pics:
    VnmxcNY.jpg

tYUXKkT.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom