Octane 9 End Caps Now Available

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    So I got the new cap a last week...shot it, works great and all...fastforward to today. Some buddies and I go shooting at the Plaqumines range. And BOOM another endcap strike! I think it happened when my buddy was shooting my G19. The only way i can think that would have happened is it started to loosen while shooting and of course he didnt know to check it every few shots. I should have payed closer attention. Lesson learned. The newly damaged cap looks almost identical to the pic US Infidel posted.

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    I've caught my Octane coming loose on G19 with Lone Wolf barrel in as few as 10 shots with 147gr...all of these end cap strikes will have me checking more often.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Yea. I was using a 1/2x28 SiCo barrel. I will next round for sure. Dont let your pals shoot it more than 10 rounds without explicit instructions to tighten it accordingly. I talked to Silencerco today and he said for me to shoot 2 more boxes through to make sure its not my can or some other variable screwing stuff up. Just put some sharpie marker on it so I will be able to tell if it dings it again. Ill also test it on my MPA 9mm when it gets back from the shop.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Got a call back from MPA today. They measured up everything with the barrel and said that It was possible that the threads were a couple thousands of an inch to long compared to the industry standard for supressor use. Theyre thought is that the can might be bottoming out? I duno. Anyway I told them to do what they thought was needed. Theyre going to cut it down, clean up the threads and recrown it. Should hopefully be back in my hands by friday may 22. Ill shoot my damaged endcap on that and my G19 to see if I acquire anymore endcap strikes. Will update asap guys, stay tuned.

Solid

USPSA Noob
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    Calhoun
    Got a call back from MPA today. They measured up everything with the barrel and said that It was possible that the threads were a couple thousands of an inch to long compared to the industry standard for supressor use. Theyre thought is that the can might be bottoming out? I duno. Anyway I told them to do what they thought was needed. Theyre going to cut it down, clean up the threads and recrown it. Should hopefully be back in my hands by friday may 22. Ill shoot my damaged endcap on that and my G19 to see if I acquire anymore endcap strikes. Will update asap guys, stay tuned.

Sorry to get all necromancer on this thread, but any updates? I have the Octane 45 HD and was interested in a 9mm endcap.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adgram1013
    Top Bottom