One For The Situational Awareness File

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    In the Maritime Industry, we would call that a "near miss". We would then have a safety meeting explaining that while thankfully the gentleman was safe, had he not been so lucky, instead of having this meeting we would be picking his pieces up and wiping his splatters off the camera lens.

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    Definitely close. But also stupid. There IS a YELLOW LINE for something. There should be a huge sign that states a person accepts all responsibility if he/she avoids all safety marks/regulations. That was just stupid. Sorry for the rant, but I know his family would've sued or sought legal action if fatass got killed. People tend to sue over everything even when they were in the wrong.

On another tone, I'm glad he didn't get his guts splattered all over camera guy. I agree with captain. Buy a lottery ticket.

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    they where watching because stem engines do not pass that often. A few (two) of my proff's are train guys, one of them will STOP a class just to watch a train pass, no matter what train, the other will RUN OUTSIDE giggling like a little girl when a steam engine passes (the second one is gay, as it happens....)

1911heat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2007
    Did you not notice the differences in the two trains? The first one was some sort of vintage steam locomotive. There is a high level of interest in trains in general among many people.

I agree, they don't hold much interest for me either. But then, a lot of people think WE are strange because we like guns...

Agreed. The first train is what they wanted to film. It looked like an old vintage train that had been restored. There are some that runs in the US, typically people will gather and take pics as they pass.

I got the feeling this was in Europe, maybe Germany?

Jed

Bloody Foreigner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Clearwater Beach, FL
    It was in a sleepy little village back home in the UK.
    The train was the Oliver Cromwell an old steam locomotive and the one that nearly clocked him was the intercity 125 travelling at 70mph plus.
    Trainspotting is a big thing in England, I don't get it but hey I like to fish.
    Horses for courses an' all that.

Top Bottom