Out of state FLA permit?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    If you were a deadbeat dad in La. and had your privileges like fishing license and such taken away what would that do to your La. CHP if anything?

Turbodog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    Tangipahoa parish
    Lastly, if you think it's all about the revenue, please give some data on the revenue raised and the cost of administering the program, and show me how Louisiana is 'getting rich' or even breaking even on the program. I haven't researched this, but my guess is that it's break-even at best. Since you made the statement that it's all about the revenue, why don't you do some research and prove it.

I don't have to give specific data on why I think it's about revenue. Problems with the state budget is in the news all the time. I never claimed that the state was trying to "get rich" on permit fees, my point is that Louisiana (and all states) are facing budget problems and looking for any way they can to increase or at least maintain a level of funding. Requiring that state residents pay for an in-state permit rather than an allowing a non-resident out-of-state one with the same privileges, is just one of those means of getting a little constant revenue for Louisiana. I expect states will continue to honor those out-of-state resident permits in the name of reciprocity, but I'm willing to bet, as state budgets everywhere continue to get hit with more things like unfunded federal mandates, that in the search for more budget money, other states will abandon honoring non-resident out-of-state permits in favor of requiring their respective residents to pay for in-state permits.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    How is applying for a permit every 5 years for $125 creating all that money that you talk about ???????

Its more cost efficient to write 25 seatbelt tickets a day.

It has NOTHING to do with cost, the bottom line is the fact that those States do NOT meet the minimum requirement of training, simple as that, most of the "Instructors" that you mentioned before doing BOTH classes got their Instructor License taken away in the State of Louisiana and that is the reasson why they continued to teach under the one from Florida which has LESS requirements to operate, we all know that and yet people continue to attend a useless class.

Just look at the requirements in MS, NO CLASS, show up, clean record pay your fee and smile for the picture, they would also be included in this if they had an OUT of State Permit but they dont.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom