Police body cameras

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I heard on the radio that due to Ferguson Obama wants to supply body cameras to LEO. I was just wondering if that goes for his Secret Service guys... wouldn't you love to have all of that on video!

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    That's ********. Some departments require deputies to purchase their own firearms; but federal tax dollars will provide cameras for free? How about using that federal money to increase law-enforcement salaries. if Wilson had a camera it would've showed that he did everything right, and then what would the natives have as an excuse to riot?

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    Is everyone really hating on the idea of police body cams? Or just because Obama put it forward? Protects both sides. Showing a video of brown beating the crap out of the officer certainly wouldnt have hurt the officer's case

Last edited:

MrNiceGuy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 3, 2013
    New Orleans Louisiana
    It sucks that someone has to pay for them but I don't think it's horrible idea. It'll help put criminals behind bars. 99 percent of the time I'm sure they'll back up what the officer reports and the other 1 percent they deserve to get busted for.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I'm curious, but has something changed? I last heard that there will be funding for 50K body cameras. There are way more officers/deputies on the street in this country than 50K.

JR1572

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Body cameras in and of themselves are neither bad nor good; just another tool. The problem comes from Obama and Holder trying to create a racial divide based upon a false narrative.

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    I'm curious, but has something changed? I last heard that there will be funding for 50K body cameras. There are way more officers/deputies on the street in this country than 50K.

JR1572

I'm pretty sure it's still 50k. If there are 500k assigned to the street and they work 8 hr shifts, that works out to about a third having a body cam, assuming they're shared. The portion that works 10s or 12s would cut that percent down, but I think that's the kind of math that brought about the "one third of officers" that I saw mentioned somewhere or other

Last edited:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I'm pretty sure it's still 50k. If there are 500k assigned to the street and they work 8 hr shifts, that works out to about a third having a body cam, assuming they're shared. The portion that works 10s or 12s would cut that percent down, but I think that's the kind of math that brought about the "one third of officers" that I saw mentioned somewhere or other

It's great in theory, but that won't happen. I can tell you from experience "sharing" any equipment in police work is a bad idea because some people take care of their stuff and others destroy their stuff. Cameras, units, whatever, cannot be worked 24/7/365 without a rest.

JR1572

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    It's great in theory, but that won't happen. I can tell you from experience "sharing" any equipment in police work is a bad idea because some people take care of their stuff and others destroy their stuff. Cameras, units, whatever, cannot be worked 24/7/365 without a rest.

JR1572

Just logicking the numbers I read. I'm sure there are more factors that decrease the percent, but even 10% would be more than enough to do some great research on the effects of the cameras

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedactedUsername
    Top Bottom