Possible problem with neighbors

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    I can see that you city boy's will end up with your crap burnt to the ground, I missed nothing, I'm from up there,
    These redbone's can be your good friend's or if you pull petty crap on them, They will burn you out.
    These people have been going where they want to go for year's.
    Beside's this thread is not about me,I don't wish to see the O.P. loose his camper.

I agree...since these backwoods morons have been doing whatever the hell they want to whomever the hell they want for their whole life, just bend over and take it, or else, they will literally burn down your house and property. makes perfect sense.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Uptown, New Orleans
    I grew up in a rural area of Mississippi and can imagine this scenario. It's possible, since they've had trespassers before on their land, that she heard something and went to investigate. She would be brave since she is married to a policeman, and therefore likely comfortable carrying a pistol if she expected to run into trespassers. If you don't have pics of here frequently on your land, it would seem she had some reason for being there and is not out for a leisurely stroll. She's already demonstrated that she's not afraid to confront someone if she thinks they are not supposed to be where they are. She may not win any personality contests, but it's possible she has no malice in her heart. Besides, she may have thought her new neighbor wouldn't mind her walking on his land if she stopped some sort of mischief from happening.

If you actually wanted to quiz them on the picture, you can always ask if they've heard any more odd sounds or something similar that might be trespassers. Let them know you have game cameras and will check them to see if they captured anything. Then you can later follow up with "when i checked my cameras, all I saw was you mrs. Xxxxxx."

See where this goes and watch how they respond. That will tell you a lot about them.

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    I had the same problem. I have 32 acres I have to keep up but do not live there. I had people hunting and trespassing also. I even had folks shooting in my direction while I was on the bush hog! I just went and asked them to stop. They made all kind of excuses that it was not "bothering" anyone. I made it very clear that it was private property and no one was to be on it at all. I would be quiet for now, leave the camera up and see if it be comes a life style of them on your property. If so I would tell them the same thing I told the people on mine. If they deny it I would tell them you have evidence of them doing so. I would not go by myself and I would make sure the husband is home when you do it. Just tell them you are just trying to get along with others. Relocate the camera and see what happens. If they come back I'd get LEO involved. Good luck.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    I grew up in a rural area of Mississippi and can imagine this scenario. It's possible, since they've had trespassers before on their land, that she heard something and went to investigate. She would be brave since she is married to a policeman, and therefore likely comfortable carrying a pistol if she expected to run into trespassers. If you don't have pics of here frequently on your land, it would seem she had some reason for being there and is not out for a leisurely stroll. She's already demonstrated that she's not afraid to confront someone if she thinks they are not supposed to be where they are. She may not win any personality contests, but it's possible she has no malice in her heart. Besides, she may have thought her new neighbor wouldn't mind her walking on his land if she stopped some sort of mischief from happening.

If you actually wanted to quiz them on the picture, you can always ask if they've heard any more odd sounds or something similar that might be trespassers. Let them know you have game cameras and will check them to see if they captured anything. Then you can later follow up with "when i checked my cameras, all I saw was you mrs. Xxxxxx."

See where this goes and watch how they respond. That will tell you a lot about them.

this

I had the same problem. I have 32 acres I have to keep up but do not live there. I had people hunting and trespassing also. I even had folks shooting in my direction while I was on the bush hog! I just went and asked them to stop. They made all kind of excuses that it was not "bothering" anyone. I made it very clear that it was private property and no one was to be on it at all. I would be quiet for now, leave the camera up and see if it be comes a life style of them on your property. If so I would tell them the same thing I told the people on mine. If they deny it I would tell them you have evidence of them doing so. I would not go by myself and I would make sure the husband is home when you do it. Just tell them you are just trying to get along with others. Relocate the camera and see what happens. If they come back I'd get LEO involved. Good luck.

and this

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Apreciate it. I'm not sure which direction I'm going to go with this, but either way it goes it looks like we "MAY" have to have a Bayoushooter gathering this summer to see if we can rile these people up a little.
    That sounds like a great idea :))

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    I agree...since these backwoods morons have been doing whatever the hell they want to whomever the hell they want for their whole life, just bend over and take it, or else, they will literally burn down your house and property. makes perfect sense.

Lookout, you disagree with gator. Your house is now at risk for a burn down...:rolleyes:

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Naa, It's all good to have a bit of different view point's from around the state,Flordia parish view's,Below I-10 view's,Above I-10 view's.etc.etc.
    Those Sabine river rat's make those local's in Deliverance look like it's a cake walk....

I've lived above and below I-10. In both locations I've managed to stick with an obey the law and respect people's marked private property viewpoint. Dumbass trash is dumbass trash. Location is irrelevant.

Last edited:

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Would'nt say that's alway's the case, I would say most place's one may go and want to get all big and mouthy sometime's you don't last very long, Now there are a few town's over there were fighting is just a little Sat.night fun thing to do ..It's what they do..Just for fun.

what's amazing is after the fights are over most of them really become good friends with you, an ass-whipping goes a long way there

shaggy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Northshore, LA
    Is this the only pic you have of them on the property over an extended period of time?

If so, approach them in a friendly manner. "Hey, was checking my game cam and saw a pic of you with a pistol. I know youre in law enforcement, and I appreciate you looking out for me. What was the problem, just so I can be aware of it." If you dont come off as confrontational, you might get the real story. Or, you might get fed a line of BS. But, either way, she'll know that you know and will hopefully stay away.

Or... if this isnt an isolated incident, and she's over there dicking around regularly (and causing soil erosion and potholes as fat people tend to do) - contact LE and file a report. If she's habitually on your property while armed, something is wrong with that. (Something is wrong when she does it once, but, I digress)

Top Bottom