PR Pitbulls

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    Pitbulls are your worst fear eh? interesting. Also, please tell me more about this damage you have seen.

I stomped a Maltese looking dog to death for attacking me. Only took one good stomp to get it to let go. It died a few minutes later. Had to get stitches. Luckily I didn't have to get a rabies shot. I was the third person that dog had bitten...

Singling out specific breeds of dog is preposterous. All dogs can bite. We have pits, I would never trust a stranger or child alone with them. Not because they are pits but because they are DOGS. If I has two Maltese's I wouldn't trust them either. Why? Because its still a dog! Don't be stupid.

so you got some stitches from a little yapper, that took "1 stomp" to stop.

and how do you advise a person getting chewed up by a 40lb+ pit mix to stop the attack and only get away with a few stitches?

its not a matter of aggression, but capabilities.

Mayonnaise

Not in the fridge
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    its not a matter of aggression, but capabilities.

How about its a matter of taking responsibility? No one should ever have to be bitten by any dog no matter how big or small. You can sit there behind your keyboard and judge me all you want. If it were my pet, I would be begging for forgiveness for my negligence.

People don't want to own up to their mistakes or misfortunes. They just want to shift or misdirect the blame when the outcome is less than favorable.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I've only owned two different breeds, GSD and Chow. I've had one Chow and he was probably the most easy going dog I've ever had and was like that until he died.

I can't remember the last time I've seen a Chow I guess they are not popular now but I see Pits every day.

On my travels ever day I pass homes that range from $500 to 5,000,000 and I don't know why but I've never passed the ones in the $300,000 plus with a Pit tied in the yard on a 6' logging chain. :dunno:

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Wtf is wrong with you people? In the same sentence I declared myself a savage I also said I would eat your dog. How can you take it seriously. Tongue and cheek remarks don't go over well around here.

A cop shoots a dog before it attacks or because its defending its home and nobody bats and eye. I unintentionally kill a dog that is attacking me and people loose their minds.

If a cop shot a dog like the one you I-claim to have "stomped", not only would he most likely be fired, charged, and sued, but he would be the laughing stock of the department, especially if he boasted about it on the internets for more I-DerpTouch points claiming it was actually a threat that required that level of force.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    If a cop shot a dog like the one you I-claim to have "stomped", not only would he most likely be fired, charged, and sued, but he would be the laughing stock of the department, especially if he boasted about it on the internets for more I-DerpTouch points claiming it was actually a threat that required that level of force.

Police shoot non aggressive dogs all the time and they are not fired, charged, or sued. Stop being so butt-hurt.

joey9139122

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    Pits used to be called the "nanny dog" because of how well they are with kids and how they will protect them. inbreeding and owners ruin them. Also, i would never own more than one pit at a time. The majority of attacks come in a pack.

screamingdemon

Firearm & DSM Junky
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2007
    Cotton Valley, LA
    Haters are going to hate regardless of the topic. Various breeds of dogs have had "the blame" put on them through the years. The reason you see more media about "Pitbull" attacks is because it gets coverage/ratings. Just like the media latches onto any and all gun topics they can spin towards their anti-gun agenda. The German Shepard was used by Nazi's as a form of police force. Yet no one refers to them on a regular basis as Hitlers Devil Dogs. Guess what is the primary dog in our police force as a K-9 unit, the same dogs the Nazi's used. They have been known to attack and seriously injure fellow officers in the line of duty. Hell my sister was attacked by an ex-military German Shepard, yet I don't hate the breed.

Hating a specific dog breed because some have done wrong is outright racism. I've been attacked randomly by small breeds (cocker spaniel's, chihuahua's, etc.) I don't have a hate for them. Each dog is just like a person, do what they want when they want.

Properly raised/trained dogs of any breed make great companions and family members. That being said they do have a mind of their own and can choose to do what they want at any given time. I wouldn't leave my pit alone with a baby or a small child, not because I think he'd intentionally hurt the child but because he is a 60lbs dog. My dog Duke gets along with all dogs that get along with him, he plays well with all children.

I'm a "Pitbull" supporter whole heartedly. You want to place the blame on anyone then place the blame on humans. We made them what they are, including the good and the bad. It's our responsibility to make it right and give them a chance. Not force them to fight and then decide to snuff the breed because it was later decided they're monsters.

To the OP, those are some beautiful dogs you have.

Here's some of my dog Duke just for the heck of it...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EDfoqgbkDw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_W0yMjijtY

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Haters are going to hate regardless of the topic. Various breeds of dogs have had "the blame" put on them through the years. The reason you see more media about "Pitbull" attacks is because it gets coverage/ratings. Just like the media latches onto any and all gun topics they can spin towards their anti-gun agenda. The German Shepard was used by Nazi's as a form of police force. Yet no one refers to them on a regular basis as Hitlers Devil Dogs. Guess what is the primary dog in our police force as a K-9 unit, the same dogs the Nazi's used. They have been known to attack and seriously injure fellow officers in the line of duty. Hell my sister was attacked by an ex-military German Shepard, yet I don't hate the breed.

Hating a specific dog breed because some have done wrong is outright racism. I've been attacked randomly by small breeds (cocker spaniel's, chihuahua's, etc.) I don't have a hate for them. Each dog is just like a person, do what they want when they want.

Properly raised/trained dogs of any breed make great companions and family members. That being said they do have a mind of their own and can choose to do what they want at any given time. I wouldn't leave my pit alone with a baby or a small child, not because I think he'd intentionally hurt the child but because he is a 60lbs dog. My dog Duke gets along with all dogs that get along with him, he plays well with all children.

I'm a "Pitbull" supporter whole heartedly. You want to place the blame on anyone then place the blame on humans. We made them what they are, including the good and the bad. It's our responsibility to make it right and give them a chance. Not force them to fight and then decide to snuff the breed because it was later decided they're monsters.

To the OP, those are some beautiful dogs you have.

Here's some of my dog Duke just for the heck of it...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EDfoqgbkDw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_W0yMjijtY

OH no somebody shot you in the mouth with BB's. :rofl:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    That would be my lip ring....but way to have go with a constructive post regarding the topic.

Sorry just always think it's funny for people to have medal in their mouth. So here's my Pit Bull picture for the day. I took this morning.
    This is what I see everyday when it comes to Pitbull owners. A old trailers with a few Pit Bulls tied with short logging chains.

Sorry if I offended you.

PitBull_zps4c0050b3.jpg

screamingdemon

Firearm & DSM Junky
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2007
    Cotton Valley, LA
    It's all good. I was sort of offended at first, but I've had my fair share of people make mention of my piercings. I don't like seeing a Pit chained out for long periods of time. I do chain mine outside with me if I'm grilling and what not. It's a fairly decent sized chain (no where near a logging chain)because he's broke a few. To a degree I think big pits with chains for collars looks cool from a visual perspective but that isn't something I or my friends would do to our pits.

Last edited:

yaonttwo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Metairie
    6% of all dogs in the USA are pit bulls. Over 80% of ALL reported serious dog attacks are from pit bulls. Enough said!!!
    Guide yourself accordingly.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    [citation needed]

http://www.dogsbite.org/dogsbite-newsroom-2009-dogsbite-three-year-fatality-study.php

" Seattle, Washington (April 22, 2009) -- DogsBite.org, a national dog bite victims' group dedicated to reducing serious dog attacks, releases its first multi-year report on U.S. dog bite fatalities. The report covers a 3-year period -- from January 1, 2006 to December 31, 2008 -- and analyzes data gathered from 88 dog bite incidences that caused death to a U.S. citizen.

The report documents dog breed information, property information (where the attack occurred) as well as dog bite victim age information.

Of the 88 fatal dog attacks recorded by DogsBite.org, pit bull type dogs were responsible for 59% (52). This is equivalent to a pit bull killing a U.S. citizen every 21 days during this 3-year period. The data also shows that pit bulls commit the vast majority of off-property attacks that result in death. Only 18% (16) of the attacks occurred off owner property, yet pit bulls were responsible for 81% (13).

Pit bulls are also more likely to kill an adult than a child. In the 3-year period, pit bulls killed more adults (ages 21 and over), 54%, than they did children (ages 11 and younger), 46%. In the 21-54 age group, pit bulls were responsible for 82% (14) of the deaths. The data indicates that pit bulls do not only kill children and senior citizens; they kill men and women in their prime years as well.

The report also shows that of the six victim age groups documented, the 55 and older group suffered the most fatalities 26% (23), followed by the 2-4 age group 22% (19). Between the ages of 0-4, the study reveals that 14% (12) of the fatal attacks involved a "watcher," a person such as a grandparent or babysitter watching the child. Of these attacks, 75% (9) involved a grandparent type.

The founder of DogsBite.org, Colleen Lynn, adds, "The off-property statistical data about pit bulls shows just how dangerous they are." She noted that six senior citizens were killed under these circumstances: "Two were killed while standing in their own backyard," she said. "Four others were killed while taking a morning walk or getting the mail."

References to senior citizen victims include: Jimmie McConnell, 71, Henry Piotrowski, 90, Carshena Benjamin, 71, Luna McDaniel, 83, John Brannaman, 81 and Rosalie Bivins, 65."

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    It's all good. I was sort of offended at first, but I've had my fair share of people make mention of my piercings. I don't like seeing a Pit chained out for long periods of time. I do chain mine outside with me if I'm grilling and what not. It's a fairly decent sized chain (no where near a logging chain)because he's broke a few. To a degree I think big pits with chains for collars looks cool from a visual perspective but that isn't something I or my friends would do to our pits.

can you post a pick of yourself?

screamingdemon

Firearm & DSM Junky
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2007
    Cotton Valley, LA
    I don't exactly see what a picture of me has to do with the topic at hand. But hell why not....
    Here's one of Duke giving me a hug a few days ago...
    601003_202448103239058_697162285_n.jpg

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mike_717
    Top Bottom