Proposed Ban List By Name

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • headcase

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Metairie, LA.
    Hell, I owned a Tec-9, a StreetSweeper, a Mac 10 and 11 and on an on. I got rid of them cause most of them couln't run a whole mag without a jam. The streetsweeper was sweet though. Ten rounds of 12 gauge mayhem. We tore up a group of junk cars , refrigerators and washers and dryers with it and they looked shot to hell after two or three runs. Banning a Hi Point carbine is senseless. This the same bunch of clueless idiots who authored the first AWB and I guess they just added on some of the more modern semi-auto modern sporting rifles. What a joke...

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    What if they released an early list just so all the internet forums would point out what's missing so it could be updated in the future? :hahano: Hmmm, we need a tinfoil smiley.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    This is not even worth talking about because it will never happen. I think everyone just needs to ignore it and let it die like a damn bleeding hog!!!

If we keep talking about it and bringing it up it is always at the forefront of people's minds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brawndo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Just to bring up what someone else has stated it doesn't matter if your specific firearm brand made the list or not. That is merely the brands they felt compelled to include. Most of the black rifles still have assault style features which the bill bans as well. I think it has little chance of passage but that doesn't mean we should just ignore it and hope it goes away. Contacting our Representatives is one of the best things we can do to improve our chances. The next best thing we can do is to stop others from ignoring important issues that they don't think effect them, I hear that way to often from people I know including hunters who somehow don't think this effects them.

Best of luck

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    Well in the old bill I think there was descriptions of firearms that contained certain features that made them banned. This allows for a broad range of guns that might just have a pistol grip. This type language lead to makers to cut off bayonet lugs and remove bayonets, reconfigure stocks into sporting thumbholes to circumvent the broad descriptions. IIRC This bill is supposed to be more broad and sweeping.

Grim333

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Madisonvile, La.
    Call me crazy but I don't see the M1A mentioned at all...only AR/AK styles?

-All semiautomatic rifles that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one military feature: pistol grip; forward grip; folding, telescoping, or detachable stock; grenade launcher or rocket launcher; barrel shroud; or threaded barrel.
    So, if your M1A has a pistol grip, it's banned.

Last edited:

Dustin-R

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    What if they released an early list just so all the internet forums would point out what's missing so it could be updated in the future? :hahano: Hmmm, we need a tinfoil smiley.

Here you go.....:D

bigtinfoil_zpsda01ec99.gif

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    -All semiautomatic rifles that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one military feature: pistol grip; forward grip; folding, telescoping, or detachable stock; grenade launcher or rocket launcher; barrel shroud; or threaded barrel.
    So, if your M1A has a pistol grip, it's banned.

Someone help me. Wtf is a barrel shroud?

You mean like the one on a tec-9? Or is anything the covers the barrel like a hand guard also a barrel shroud?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom