Question to those that sell on here

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Bosco, we all aren't family here. Community or not, people are going to try to haggle on prices. It seems you have a little too much of a personal attachment to your gear. The market has really bottomed out lately on firearm related stuff. The bubble burst after the latest run on gear. As long as I've sold stuff here, I've experienced some of the same things you described. Its the nature of selling things.

simplepeddler

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Saint Amant
    Full disclosure.........I post very little here...........only sold one and bought a few.........some guys have no idea what OBO means when they post it. If you are going to ask for an offer, expect them.

I come to the classifieds more than anything and there are great people here.
    I am blessed to be in a spot that 50 bucks on a 500 hundred dollar item is not going to sway me any way......meaning if I want it it's bought.........but that also means if I can find it new.......than I buy it new......

if I can save a couple hundred bucks ....it may push me to buy something I would not consider other wise

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    While we're on the subject, who carries 50-round boxes of defensive ammo? All I ever see at 25-round boxes at the same prices listed above for 50.

Sent from my truck doing 85 down the interstate.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    You'll never hear from these opportunists on this thread as they don't participate in discussions. They're here for the quick buck and don't give two shits about what's right or wrong. We've all made a little bit on some sales. We've made even. We've even lost a bit on some. These new crop of "members" are here for the sole purpose of flipping guns. I'm not condoning flipping at all nor am I condemning it. If two parties are in agreement then there is no harm no foul even after the fact. However, there are blatant acts abuse in the classifieds that are not consistent in a community setting, such as this site.

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    For top grade defensive ammo in 50 round boxes give Underwood ammo a try. Best to buy in bulk to offset shipping. Or SGammo.com. lots of choices there in 50rd boxes.

While we're on the subject, who carries 50-round boxes of defensive ammo? All I ever see at 25-round boxes at the same prices listed above for 50.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I almost never buy enough at once to justify shipping, but thanks for the sources. I'll give BR Police Supply a look pretty soon.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I almost never buy enough at once to justify shipping, but thanks for the sources. I'll give BR Police Supply a look pretty soon.

If your profile had a location it would be easier for everyone to figure out if you were local to them and they could possibly help you with your ammunition needs.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I'll look into that. I only use tapatalk any more, so I don't see all of that, but I'll look if I can update my profile.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    If I see something I want, and it has been on sale for a while, I might send a low ball offer if it says OBO. I try not to be stupid about it, and once a price is agreed on, no more negotiations. Well, unless the seller has other items for sale, but that would be a different deal.

I think a lot of folks bought overpriced stuff, and want close to what they paid for it, not what it is worth. And often the 'invested upgrades' are not what the prospective buyer finds valuable. But jeez, offering to buy a Glock for $100? What an assclown. I mean, a pawn shop would probably give you close to $200 for it, and you know you are getting low dollar if you sell to a pawn shop.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I don't really have a problem with paying retail for a gun that's truly like new, if it's something I've been looking for and somebody happens to have one for sale. Example- $550 for a gen 4 glock 19. I can pay that to a member here, or I can go buy it for the same price at Cabela's and throw away another $50 on sales tax. Low balling is aggravating, and I don't think it ever works. Showing up at the meeting with less money than was agreed on... Well that's just trashy and it needs to get reported on itrader.

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    Buyers research the best price. Sellers, if they're expecting to sell their item near what they're pricing it, should spend the 5 minutes to find what the product is actually going for. I swear 80% of the items I take a look at, I find a better nib price. Just silly

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Honest question. Do some of ya'll agree on the price of a used firearm or goods prior to inspection? When I say agree, I mean set in stone no negotiating.

I do not recall ever trying to change the agreed upon price on anything.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I don't sell much. I recently sold 3 firearms in 6 hours. I decided to sell them so I listed my prices which were very fair and they sold.
    I have a bunch of random things laying around that could be worth a couple hundred bucks but I figure no one wants my leftovers so they are just hanging around, I do not want the headache of piecing out a bunch of stuff. I may do a box deal for cheap to get rid of it, basically by dumping it.
    I have a very narrow list of things I want to buy so if I see what I want I'll look at the listed price and decide to buy or not. I do not haggle I may ask if any extras are available.

I do not buy to resale or sale to make money(more like moving money around).

That's just me. And I try to sniff out people like my to deal with when possible.

Top Bottom