Question to those that sell on here

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    How can you be sure of a used product without inspecting it?

Pics and ask q's. If the product isn't in the described condition, I'd just walk away, dunno what else they aren't being forthright about. I suppose if you were diligent about asking for pics and questions and the item wasn't as described, it would be fine for you to negotiate, but doesn't seem wise to me (though I recognize that as personal preference). Guess the main point I was making before would be to ask the needed questions and foe the right pictures so you know what you're making an offer on before you do so

spec50trout

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Correct. All of my photos have been from an iPhone or worse. Not a big deal. Just be up front about defects, or else you might lose your sale at the meeting.

So, a buyer can back out of a deal if they don't like what they see in person? And, not expect to get bashed on itrader for doing so?

Last edited by a moderator:

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    So, a buyer can back out of a deal if they don't like what they see in person? And, not expect to get bashed on itrader for doing so?

Man, I'm not going to tell you how to conduct your own business, but I'd never spend my money on something I don't want... especially if the seller misrepresented it.

ETA: I also wouldn't waste my time or gas on something if I didn't know what I was getting into.

Last edited:

spec50trout

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Pics and ask q's. If the product isn't in the described condition, I'd just walk away, dunno what else they aren't being forthright about. I suppose if you were diligent about asking for pics and questions and the item wasn't as described, it would be fine for you to negotiate, but doesn't seem wise to me (though I recognize that as personal preference). Guess the main point I was making before would be to ask the needed questions and foe the right pictures so you know what you're making an offer on before you do so

Ok, were on the same page. Seems perfectly reasonable to me. I guess I was just hung up on the whole "agreed upon price" thing. Thanks!

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe

ETA: I also wouldn't waste my time or gas on something if I didn't know what I was getting into.

Isn't that the whole point of a FTF meet? That way you can look at the item for sale, and walk away or not. And honestly, if I was selling a gun, and the person looked suspicious, I might back out as well. Goes both ways as I see it.

spec50trout

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Man, I'm not going to tell you how to conduct your own business, but I'd never spend my money on something I don't want... especially if the seller misrepresented it.

Thanks for bearing with me gents. And, for answering my questions!

Bosco, sorry for getting of topic and for the derp.

Last edited:

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    I had someone make an offer on a handgun I had for sale. I refused the offer, saying that the price was firm but I had someone who wanted it. The buyer backed out, so I let the second guy know and he said he wanted it. We meet up, and he only has the amount that he offered me the first time. The deal didn't go through, I got bad feedback, and I do take some of the responsibility of the mistake for not clarifying the second time we talked. I chose not to leave bad feedback, as I feel it was both parties. Moral: make sure everything is agreed upon before meeting up.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    I've had good luck here. Good people so far. Anytime I sell something, I expect the buyer/trader to inspect the item as do I. I have bought things where the price was negotiated due to not working properly but the seller was upfront about it. A good, clear, REAL description of items for sale will usually result in a fair sale for all. Also a clearly written ad helps.... Good luck with your sales.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Moral: make sure everything is agreed upon before meeting up.

This communication is key. Stuff happens, people can't ship the item, gets delayed, no big deal if you know what is going on. I have 2 packages going out (not for sale) but the post office and FedUp don't have electricity...

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Mods can potentially alter itrader feedback. Would make my case if I got bad feedback after that

Exactly. If you get bad feedback for something you didn't deserve, PM me. Also, fun fact of the day: I get an email every time someone receives negative iTrader feedback. It doesn't happen too often, so I usually look them over.

cricht0n

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Zachary
    The only time that I have ever renegotiated a price, was on Ruger Mini14 that I bought from another site. We agreed on a reasonable price for a lightly used ( He said 2-3 magazines through it and didn't like it as much as his AR) gun. When I arrived, it was a MUCH older model than he implied. Turns out he had bought it "lightly used with a couple magazines through it" as well. Did it really affect the gun, probably not a whole lot but I felt that a 20 year old rifle was not worth the 50 less than retail price he was asking. That said, it was a fun little gun and I enjoyed it until I sold it to start a different project.

Scylas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    What I have to say has already been said by some other people in this thread, as I agree that trying to renegotiate a deal after it's already been made is a shitty thing to do and someone should get their ass kicked for that. I also agree that $100 for a Glock is just a slap in the face.

However, OP, was I one of the people you were referring to? As I recall I offered something lower on some of your things than you were willing to accept. If so, I'm more than willing to explain myself, as I wasn't trying to screw you over or resell your stuff.

Last edited:

IRDWalrus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2014
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My two "favorites" so far: After coming to an agreement via PM, getting sent a phone number to "talk about it". We just agreed on a deal, I'm not going to call and haggle more, particularly because we just made a deal and I hate talking on the phone. Second, "Will you take Bitcoin? " No, and Monopoly money is out, also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If someone finds themselves in a position where they feel it honorable to lowball the deal at the moment of truth, they are not honorable. They are scumbags. However, I see nothing wrong or dishonorable about a buyer offering a price they would be willing to pay in advance with the caveat; "If you don't get what you want for it, I will give you x amount;" or something along those lines.

Since the seller is in control of the decision and the sale to this point, and it most likely is just exchanges of emails or PM's, it takes only a few seconds to either reply or even less to delete the message.

What it can do for both, is put the seller on notice that when they are forced to discount or capitulate on the price there is already a buyer on the line. If you as a seller are going to get butt hurt because you aren't getting what you think your product is worth; you'd better not go into sales as a career choice. ;)

Top Bottom