Rave Motion Pictures carrying

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    There is nothing illegal about carrying a gun in a building with a no gun sign unless that sign is specifically given the force of law. You can look up Texas and Arkansas statutes to find signs that really create gun free zones, there is no such law in Louisiana.

This is true but why not respect people's wishes on their property. This should t have to be written in law and should just be common courtesy.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    This is true but why not respect people's wishes on their property. This should t have to be written in law and should just be common courtesy.

This. Carrying when they have the right to ask you not to is about the same as someone trying to take your 2a rights. You get pissed at them yet refuse to allow them their rights? Might as well be a hypocritical Democrat....

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Ok you win. Everyone can carry in a theatre. 2A rally in the rave lobby tomorrow 2:00pm. Be there.

Wow, didn't expect that from you. Anyway, just stating what is being taught by more than one CHP instructor, comments from the former head of the Louisiana Concealed Handgun Unit (from what I understand they maintain the same stance) and based on other laws that actually make sense. Again, look at Texas or Arkansas law if you want to see a sign that carries the force of law.

I don't go out of my way to go to places with gun buster signs, and I do avoid anti gun organizations. Many times we run into signs that are put up corporate wide to just satisfy a single states law, not necessarily to prevent law abiding citizens from carrying concealed. Other times some lawyer decided it was a good idea to roll it out in the sign package and it is not the wish of the company. Some are in fine print, Chucky Cheese for one, and others are so stupid they don't make any since like the Mall of Louisiana "No Illegal weapons, including guns and knives" and Neighbors " No armed Robberies" sign. I make a choice to carry everyday, every where because I never know when I am going to need a firearm. Unless it is specifically mentioned in the prohibited locations, I am carrying and nobody knows. If I knew I was going to need a gun if I went somewhere, I will just stay home. Unfortunately I don't have that kind of insight into the future.

It really isn't a big deal, I spend most of my time making stuff for guys on this forum, and other forums throughout the country. Deliveries come from around the world to my house and I turn them into anything from a belt to a bullet, the postman comes and picks them up to deliver all over the country. Only time I venture out is when the wife and kiddo want to do something, or a few members want to shoot the bull at the coffee shop and I rarely run into a sign. I am not an "MEM" type, and generally respect the wishes of others, but the "some lawyer thought this was a good idea" signs that don't hold water don't bother me.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    I used to kinda feel the same way (not protected by maw). But I've since did some thinking. I wouldn't want just anyone carrying in my house and surely enjoy the right to stop them. So I feel others should have that right and ill follow their wishes. I'll follow them by doing business elsewhere and recommending to everyone I know to do the same.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    That is true but also if enough people do not respect the right of the business owner then it could get out of hand. I'm sure if a bunch of wealthy business owners go to some law makers that they donate campaign money to then we might see some changes in laws regarding signs.

This is the truest and most poignant statement in this thread. Money talks, BS and principles walks!

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    N. No concealed handgun may be carried into and no concealed handgun permit issued pursuant to this Section shall authorize or entitle a permittee to carry a concealed handgun in any of the following:

O. The provisions of Subsection N of this Section shall not limit the right of a property owner, lessee, or other lawful custodian to prohibit or restrict access of those persons possessing a concealed handgun pursuant to a permit issued under this Section. No individual to whom a concealed handgun permit is issued may carry such concealed handgun into the private residence of another without first receiving the consent of that person.

So my take on the whole deal is. If the property owner (AMC) doesn't want guns in their theater that is their right under section O above I have to abide by that part of the Louisiana law and the rules/law that govern my La. CHP.
    My take is IF I see that sign and carry my gun in their theater then I'm going against my CHP and I'm the same as just Joe Blow off the street sticking his Jennings in his pocket and going in. I think that makes my CHP invalid at when I walk in.

So I take my gun and money elsewhere.

I don't care what some instructors say, in the last 17 years I've read some crazy **** some of them have put out. We have some really good ones that know their stuff and some that don't.

I've heard about the Texas sign law for many years and one day maybe we'll get something like the Texas 30.06 law one day. Until I'll do it this way.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Wow, didn't expect that from you. Anyway, just stating what is being taught by more than one CHP instructor, comments from the former head of the Louisiana Concealed Handgun Unit (from what I understand they maintain the same stance) and based on other laws that actually make sense. Again, look at Texas or Arkansas law if you want to see a sign that carries the force of law.

I don't go out of my way to go to places with gun buster signs, and I do avoid anti gun organizations. Many times we run into signs that are put up corporate wide to just satisfy a single states law, not necessarily to prevent law abiding citizens from carrying concealed. Other times some lawyer decided it was a good idea to roll it out in the sign package and it is not the wish of the company. Some are in fine print, Chucky Cheese for one, and others are so stupid they don't make any since like the Mall of Louisiana "No Illegal weapons, including guns and knives" and Neighbors " No armed Robberies" sign. I make a choice to carry everyday, every where because I never know when I am going to need a firearm. Unless it is specifically mentioned in the prohibited locations, I am carrying and nobody knows. If I knew I was going to need a gun if I went somewhere, I will just stay home. Unfortunately I don't have that kind of insight into the future.

It really isn't a big deal, I spend most of my time making stuff for guys on this forum, and other forums throughout the country. Deliveries come from around the world to my house and I turn them into anything from a belt to a bullet, the postman comes and picks them up to deliver all over the country. Only time I venture out is when the wife and kiddo want to do something, or a few members want to shoot the bull at the coffee shop and I rarely run into a sign. I am not an "MEM" type, and generally respect the wishes of others, but the "some lawyer thought this was a good idea" signs that don't hold water don't bother me.

That was aimed toward you. You were just the first one to go there again. Every time we have a thread like this. The same question comes up and the same people get into an argument about it. Nothing gets accomplished other than hurt feelings and crushed man pride. Arguing on here doesn't solve anything..... We have all seen the statutes, all read them and researched there are indeed no sign laws. People can base their decision off of that and accept the choice they make along with whatever consequences may come about from it. The end.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Anyway, just stating what is being taught by more than one CHP instructor, comments from the former head of the Louisiana Concealed Handgun Unit (from what I understand they maintain the same stance) and based on other laws that actually make sense. Again, look at Texas or Arkansas law if you want to see a sign that carries the force of late.
    Well, there's a couple things wrong with this post:
    1. Louisiana law does not work within a Common Law system, so related statutes have zero bearing on us.
    2. The consensus within the PD's I know of is: if you violate the sign knowingly, you're trespassing. Period.
    3. The state police aren't the ones to bring a trespassing charge on you.

You do what you want, but I'm going to keep telling my students to not ignore signs.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I have my answer from LSP and my CHP instructor. Again, I don't go out of my way to test the waters, but I don't go out of my way looking for that 8 point font in the corner window at knee level either. If there are obvious gun buster signs I stay away. I am sure all of us here would choose a trespassing charge over dead. I am glad I don't venture out into the wild much and my customers are nice, law abiding gun owners and not the general population.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I have my answer from LSP and my CHP instructor. Again, I don't go out of my way to test the waters, but I don't go out of my way looking for that 8 point font in the corner window at knee level either. If there are obvious gun buster signs I stay away. I am sure all of us here would choose a trespassing charge over dead. I am glad I don't venture out into the wild much and my customers are nice, law abiding gun owners and not the general population.

Did you ask who ever you talked to at LSP if we had a sign law or did you ask them if we have to go by our CHP rules that say. O. The provisions of Subsection N of this Section shall not limit the right of a property owner, lessee, or other lawful custodian to prohibit or restrict access of those persons possessing a concealed handgun pursuant to a permit issued under this Section. No individual to whom a concealed handgun permit is issued may carry such concealed handgun into the private residence of another without first receiving the consent of that person.

If we don't have to go by that then why is it in our rules?

Who was your CHP Instructor?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom