Recommend a good scotch

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Buy a fifth of T.W. Samuels for $5.xx at your local white trash establishment and drink the whole bottle.

Whatever you drink after that will taste absolutely amazing.

Be quiet the grown ups are talking.

Dave

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    tyhu5a5a.jpg

TBD

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    Personally I'm a bourbon or mash drinker, but I enjoy a little scotch on occasion.

As you may have read, most any of the "Glen's" will be a good product. McCallan is my personal favorite. Like the 12 treat myself to the 18 on rare occasions, like when someone else is buying. Oban is a good one too, probably not twice the price of a "Glen" good, though

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    well damn, sounds like there are quite a few good options out there. i just bought a bottle of chivas regal at walmart since i was there. drinking it right now. not as good as glenlivet but not bad for 30 dollars. i can live with it. that tasting sounds fun but i wont be able to make this one b/c of work. do they have those often or only around the holidays?

Bradb4178

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    Ruston / Baton Rouge
    You pretty much started high up on the list. Glenlivet is my favorite. The 21 year old is amazing. I enjoy the 12 for the price but when someone offers me some 21 year old i cant refuse. I did have a really good bottle one time. Its a private label and have not been able to find much info on it. It is called Classic Cask. It was at a country club i went to a party for and had an open bar so why not. The man told me it was a private label but didnt know much about it. If you ever get your hands on this stuff definately try it. It is very good and similar to glenlivet 21.

Last edited:

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    In the world of Scotch, thats not exactly expensive. Plenty of scotches will run you $250 for a single drink.

Apparently, I won't ever visit that part of the world of Scotch. To me, $250 for a bottle of liquor is more than I want to pay, but I can understand that others might feel differently. $250 for a single drink just seems retarded, and the only justification to me would be that you just have more money than you know what to do with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Daddyleroy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Ascension Parish
    I'm with those that like Glenmorangie Original. Wonderful stuff! If you ever find yourself with some extra cash (I remember how college is) I recommend The Glenlivet 16 Nadurro. 63 dollars a bottle but man it is good!

Top Bottom