Red Jacket firearms

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    Brother, that was not for you. It was the smack you laid out on whatever his name is that needed proof.

I saw the post about you B-Day shoot and thats how I came to know about your shop. Are you thinking indoor or out door shoot ? Either way, I'd be down for it. And thanks for the great offer.
    :) Right on LOL . It'll be indoor's . We're getting into the season too , so I'm thinking a Sunday afternoon/evening thing would be cool . I'm likeing the "grill on the front porch" idea , bowling pins in the range . MG's for all ..... :) Hell , what else you gunna do on a Sunday evening

edited day , sorry , lot of paint on guns today ;)

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    yeah, i can bring the 3000+rpm M11/9 and my M16. Free to use, just provide ammo

Now ya talking :) We've got , i dunno , a dozen or so F/A's here that I'll turn loose . Way we worked it for my birthday thing was to let those would had their own ammo allready , bring it . We sell it here by the box for those who don't . I'll hand out targets and set up pins . I got a grill in the back allready , so if you want to eat , bring food ;) we can set up a pretty good little country bbq picnic on the front porch . Place closes to the public at 6 on Sun , we can shut it down to the public at large a bit earlier and do our thing till 9:00 pm . Anyones welcome to bring thier own firearms of course , I don't mind shooting someone elses gun either ;)
    I'm waiting to hear from the Board admin , see how he can use this to hype his board and set a date . I got plenty of hype allready LOL ;)

SKYWLKR

bread and circuses
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 26, 2007
    I'm up!!!

I spent over 1800 rounds on the last one.

I'll have to be a bit more judicious this time...

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    I'll do that.

Don't think that I don't know the state police has some real cripples wearing the uniform... one of the reasons I was removed as FTU supervisor years back was my refusal to sign off on a few of them.

My contention was that an incident like this would be hot gossip material; and when my pals still on the job hadn't heard of it, well...

Right on . Invitation to stop by was sincere , I got a S.P. on payroll you might have ran into a few times ;) See ya , Will

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    That deputy doesn't happen to be Bueche, would it? When I was in reserves I rode with him and remember him saying he knew you.

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    That deputy doesn't happen to be Bueche, would it? When I was in reserves I rode with him and remember him saying he knew you.

Yep . Me and him been putting up with each others **** for a decade or 2 now :) I got him up here doing some afternoon/evening stuff . He's a damn good man .

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    Will, PM me. I hardly have access to phone during the week.

nope . I don't want to write a novel , and I'm afraid thats what it would turn into LOL . I'm at the store 9-9 , 7 days a week . Borrow a phone , give me a call . We'll see how we can turn a machinegun shootout into somthing good for your Forum . I think you got about , what 8 -10 ? active members on here , there should be a couple zero's on the ends of those numbers . What I want to do for you is a Bayou Shooter's Forum Shoot-out . I do RedJacket shoot-outs every day :) Will 225-214-3707

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    nope . I don't want to write a novel , and I'm afraid thats what it would turn into LOL . I'm at the store 9-9 , 7 days a week . Borrow a phone , give me a call . We'll see how we can turn a machinegun shootout into somthing good for your Forum . I think you got about , what 8 -10 ? active members on here , there should be a couple zero's on the ends of those numbers . What I want to do for you is a Bayou Shooter's Forum Shoot-out . I do RedJacket shoot-outs every day :) Will 225-214-3707

I'll try to give you a call mid-day tomorrow.

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    Well, something's not adding up.

I spoke with LT William Davis this morning. He is the Training Academy Executive Officer, and has been there for three years. I also spoke with TFC Patrick Jackson of the FTU, who has been there for over two years. Both would have been involved with any such incident.

Both had no clue what I was referring to. However, both were rather interested in the situation, and are looking into it.

"The guy who runs the Academy" is Captain Bobby Osborn. He would have been the XO last fall... and he doesn't have any recollection of this either.

Stay tuned...

I don't know what to tell you either buddy . I know she came in wearing the clothes and had some id and left in an ambulance . Next day , guy from the academey called wanting the particulars . Said she wasn't suposed to be here , on a gun , anyway , still in training I guess . that she was due to get booted anyway and now she was wanting to claim it as work related and get a disability . she had 2 different stories , 1 , the slide tore loose her left hand flipping finger , the other , that the gun went off all by itself and the bullet tore into it . the 2 guys in the range said she was ******* with the gun , trying to load it . That's what I know , that's what I saw , and that's what the guy on the phone told me . If you want to tell me the guy who called was her lawyer fishing and she stole the id card and the duty belt , i wont argue a bit . I got bored with it all about the time I had to mop up the hashbrowns she puked and the blood she splattered .
    Just talked to the chick I had in the office that night , she said it was about a couple weeks before Halloween last year .

Last edited:

Phaetos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    yeah you right . I did use a male gender reference in my post . Poor atempt at being gender neutral . BTW , one of my buddy's from the Sheriff's Dept. is working up here , you might enjoy talking to him about your plunge into the civil service . He's tending the counter afternoon's/evenings . Been with the Dept about 10 years now .

That's all good. I passed my polygraph today and start the Reserve Academy this Saturday.

Phaetos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    well , It gives me an legit excuse to come off the tools and play in the range :) Usually the only time I go in there is to test fire or to check on somebody . We've had several of these invitational events , usually for groups of L.E.'s . It's alway's amazed me that I can have a private party , machineguns on all the lanes , blazing at bowling pin's and not have one problem . Yet I send 1 guy back there with a .38 and 10 minutes later , half the lines are down and the ******* lights are shot out . boggles the mind . Anyhoot , I e-mailed admin here , see if he has any intrest , how they'd want to work it . I think it could be fun , set up a grill on the front porch maybe . Will

I'm down for it, if it comes to be. Would be grand to mingle.

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    Curiouser and curiouser.

I'll call William back this A.M.... the quickest way to get to the bottom of this is to check EMS records.

do that . I'd think it was the guys from right down the road , but who knows .

Top Bottom