Reloader

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile
    Lee Pro 1000 for pistol. I've had one for a couple of years and could crank out the 1000 rds a month you are looking for on a Saturday morning. Plus I would do it with a total investment of $206 from Kempf Gun Shop https://kempfgunshop.com and thats for the press, bullet feeder, and case collator..... or http://www.cabelas.com/presses-dies-lee-pro-1000-loader-2.shtml $154.99 for the press and get the rest from Kempf and you're at $189.

I see that a lot of people use Dillons (for the 1000 rd per weekend group) and they are great machines,but if you're starting off, I think you'll find that the Dillon press is a base model when bought and then you have to buy many accessorites like a mounting plate, etc........ I think a Dillon that was fully set up to fullest efficiency would cost you around a $1 per model # (Dillon 550 +$550) I could be wrong, but the very first post said you weren't looking to break the bank.

Now for .308.... I just bought a single stage press from LA Guns and Reloading Supply for $23 and the dies are $25 (round abouts that price) and a Lee auto prime for $21. So yesterday I paid less than $100 and made 20 rounds (2 different loads / 10 rds each) in about an hour. Now thats reading instructions, hitting glitches, and hand dipping the powder and weighing each load.

Philt1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    Lafayette La.
    +1 , i just started reloading and would suggest try finding a package deal as i did , it will get you up and running faster and cheaper AND saving time that you can spend on learning this skill

Good luck Friend :)

Top Bottom