Reloading supplies in NOLA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Judge Mental

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Prairieville
    Where do you guys in Kenner, Metairie, NOLA and the Westbank shop for reloading supplies? I have a little time to kill this morning.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Donovan's on Airline may be an option. 942-8107 They had some stuff at one time. I have not been in a couple of years.
    Kind of burnt out attitude wise. http://www.donovansguns.com/Contact_Us.html

Maybe Shoot Wise 366-8888 He was wanting to get into the reloading end of it. I know he had some bullets but that is all I can recall.
    Cool people in there. http://www.shootwise.com/

I have never been one to hang out in gun stores. Hardly been in the last year or two. So my input is base on old info.
    You could also hook up with one of the sponsors here.

Last edited:

Judge Mental

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Prairieville
    I'll try Shooters and am at Shoot wise now. If you find donovan's open, alert the media and begin video capture immediately, for you have witnessed an event more rare than two unicorns mating

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I'll try Shooters and am at Shoot wise now. If you find donovan's open, alert the media and begin video capture immediately, for you have witnessed an event more rare than two unicorns mating

Back when I went he was only open during the week. Knowledge of reloading was - let's just say not their forte. They did special order me some dies with me just asking over the phone. So it was a mixed bag of pros & cons dealing with them. Not being open on the weekend was a pain for me.

Check out Gretna Gun just for kicks - no reloading stuff IIRC.

I don't have high expectations from gun store employees. I did enjoy dealing with La gun & reloading, Louques, etc.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Sadly most gun shops in that area are terrible to deal with. Donovans are overpriced pricks with an extreme attitude. Shooters is filled with zombielike salesmen who could care less if you have ever given them business prior. Not really nasty. Just could ever seem to care less if you are there or not.

I try not to give gun shops my business anymore. The attitudes have gotten ridiculous. I give my business to smaller guys like Kenny at Meplat and James Louque.

Last edited:

Judge Mental

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Prairieville
    +10 on LA Gun and Reloading. I bought my Dillon there. Great advice for a new reloader, but what is most appreciated, conversation free from sarcasm and snarky comments. If the rest of you would shop somewhere else, I stand a good shot at getting some pistol powder:D

Last edited:

frankinola

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    contact James Louque - he is close to LaPlace and stocks some reloading supplies.

Cabela's has been spotting on inventory.

you can contact LA Gun & Reloading to see what they have.

otherwise order online.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom