Remington rifle settlement and shotgun recall

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Was brought to my attention awhile back. Was something to do with the epoxy on the trigger. The really flimsy and broken box they prepaid for my to send my rifle in made me decide to just get a new trigger group. There was no way I was sending my rifle to them in that **** poor excuse for a box.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    "Many users had new trigger mechanisms installed on their own, and Remington will reimburse them as part of the settlement. For guns that cannot be retrofitted, the company plans to offer vouchers for Remington products. "

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Was brought to my attention awhile back. Was something to do with the epoxy on the trigger. The really flimsy and broken box they prepaid for my to send my rifle in made me decide to just get a new trigger group. There was no way I was sending my rifle to them in that **** poor excuse for a box.

Agreed, that box was sad!!! And wanted me to take my scope off and said it would take about 10-15 weeks!!! I know your behind and all but that's prob a 5 min job.... There's no way I would send my 700sps tactical in a cord board box for 3-4 months for a trigger, they should have use certified gunsmiths for remington fix them locally... And charge remington... Yea I'm gonna opp out.. I will just always point it in a safe direction during loading and father funds to buy a trigger

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    "Many users had new trigger mechanisms installed on their own, and Remington will reimburse them as part of the settlement. For guns that cannot be retrofitted, the company plans to offer vouchers for Remington products. "

Yea they offered me a 40 or 50% off on remington website.... But anything I wanted was either outta stock or the 40% off didn't even cover the shipping lol oh well

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    This is different than the recent recall of the X-Mark triggers. This is a settlement that was just filed Friday on the old Walker triggers that the CNBC special was about. This will replace the old Walker trigger with an X-Mark trigger, hopefully one with the right amount of epoxy. There is also mention that they will reimburse those who bought aftermarket triggers, again only for rifles with the Walker trigger and doesn't go into how you would try and get that reimbursement.

But back to the recent recall on the X-Mark's. The box that I got wasn't too shabby and yea it took a while to get back, it is better than a co-worker of mine. He sent his in and they returned it without a bolt. So he had to wait for them to get him another box and it has just gotten back to the UPS hub in Shreveport. He has been without his functioning rifle since the beginning of July.

Top Bottom