Request from a professor.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • owen502

Don't Ban Me Bro
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Glock 19, but tell him that the gun doesn't matter if he doesn't know how to use it...then you invite him to this website to post and read, and then he will be invited to shoot with us where will learn how to use his pistol, and we would have 1 more person, this time an educated-educator that can change peoples lives, on our side.

Thank you, please drive through.

And steer him towards SCCC.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    You must tell him the Glock, they have been known to defeat entire Armies w/o firing a single round. And they help compensate for having a small penis complex. At least that is the way it appears to everyone else. They also have been known to make some all knowing and arrogant read the next few threads and see what I mean.

The above does not apply to all individuals as some Glock owners are actually level headed individuals; but that isn't the norm.

This is why I carry a Glock, so if I get robbed in the mall parking lot I only have to draw my Glock ad note that it IS a Glock and the perp will drop his weapon and run off screaming into the darkness like a little girl. I also love knowing that as long as I'm packing I am more well endowed than anyone else around me carrying some kind of Sig, H&K or XD.... :mamoru:

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    This is why I carry a Glock, so if I get robbed in the mall parking lot I only have to draw my Glock ad note that it IS a Glock and the perp will drop his weapon and run off screaming into the darkness like a little girl. I also love knowing that as long as I'm packing I am more well endowed than anyone else around me carrying some kind of Sig, H&K or XD.... :mamoru:

SSSSHHHH!!!! Don't tell everyone!! :D

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    I'm gonna have to disagree with most everybody. I dig Glocks I want one for myself, but I don't think I could recommend a striker fired gun to a newbie. A Sa/Da with a decocker would be safer call. A Sig or a CZ seems to make more sense to me.

WB5QBK

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Caddo Parish
    I too own several Glocks, BUT my favorite for fun, matches and training new shooters is the Springfield Armory XD-9 Service model 4 inch. It should be available with the manual safety by now but I have not seen one.

This pistol balances and points so naturally it allows the new shooter to improve rapidly and the lesser ammunition cost allows for more frequent practice.

Still.......I'm looking for the XD40m to testfire and it probably will be my next purchase once a move a Browning 525 28" field gun.

Last edited:

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Words of wisdom (or stupidity, your pick)

"If it works, use it"

Personal preference is a Glock but I haven't used enough other weapons for that opinion to not be heavily biased.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    BUT my favorite for fun, matches and training new shooters is the Springfield Armory XD-9 Service model 4 inch.

I agree +100000. I prefer my XD over a Glock. Have him compair the XD and Glock and pick which feels best to him. Either way he's getting a fine firearm.:D

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    45acp.jpg

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Hi Point, Lorcin, Bersa and others in the lower rung. Don't sell them short. They may not be what we'd want, but to sit in the top of a closet until needed they may work fine (Plus we have a Certified Lorcin factory authorized gunsmith on board!). There are also a bunch of surplus guns out there for bargain prices.

I fixed your post for you. No need to thank me ................ just doing my job.

Top Bottom