required to stop/cooperate with store security?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    Like what, 5'7?

That's why you are mad. Work on your self confidence and you won't try and teach everyone how they are wrong.
    When you are happy with yourself you give off a positive vibe and good karma will happen

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Like what, 5'7?

That's why you are mad. Work on your self confidence and you won't try and teach everyone how they are wrong.
    When you are happy with yourself you give off a positive vibe and good karma will happen

No, bout 5'10". Is that considered short? I had kinda gotten used to being fat but I don't know how to deal with being short too......this sucks.
    I need to go tease some power tripping SGs now so I can feel better about myself. Screw karma.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    If I were store security, thought you were shoplifting, asked you to comply, you refused, got all smart, and I thought you were armed, felt the gun, or you said you were armed... You just escalated the situation to what a reasonable person could feel is a felony.

And I'd smash the **** out of you and tell the cop I was absolutely threatened by an armed shoplifter.

Try it itoughmen.

No they wouldn't.

My opinion is based on actually arresting people, going to court, testifying, and first hand experience.

Do you have any first hand experience in responding to a shoplifting call, detaining or arresting people or jury duty?

It's scary that you are a cop and your response to being notified of a gun is to attack, slander, and lie.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I worked as a security officer in a small refinery across the river and a small hospital down the river for about six years, licensed by the state.

We were told as part of our training that we were forbidden to touch another, except to defend ourselves, much less search them. I actually at times sat with psyche patients outside so they could smoke. If they got up and left, all I could do was tell the nurse in charge "Joe left."

Most stores worth their salt will have procedures in place as a poster mentioned.
    :eh:

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    I worked as a security officer in a small refinery across the river and a small hospital down the river for about six years, licensed by the state.

We were told as part of our training that we were forbidden to touch another, except to defend ourselves, much less search them. I actually at times sat with psyche patients outside so they could smoke. If they got up and left, all I could do was tell the nurse in charge "Joe left."

Most stores worth their salt will have procedures in place as a poster mentioned.
    :eh:

Right Tom. That's store policy. The law says you can detain. While the store or your employer could FIRE you, it's not criminal to touch them.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    No, bout 5'10". Is that considered short? I had kinda gotten used to being fat but I don't know how to deal with being short too......this sucks.
    I need to go tease some power tripping SGs now so I can feel better about myself. Screw karma.

You just need some 2" lifts and/or heeled boots which will make you 6' aka "tall."

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    This thread:

new-state-security-guard-license-800x800.jpg

"Hey Joe, that guy looks suspicious. He probably stole something. Check his ass crack, it's probably there. Go get em!"

SuperStock_1491R-1084622.jpg

"Got it Frank. I'm gonna knock this mother (shut your mouth) clean out. Sir, I need you to strip down because someone thinks they saw you stick a candy bar down the crack of your ass."

12-0901+-+i+dont+know.jpg

"Well gee sir, I dont think I have anything down the crack of my ass."

angry-security-guard_2425543.jpg

YOU STFU! WE CAN SEARCH YOU. WE HAVE THE RIGHT. NOW BEND OVER!"

dep_5029209-Scared-man.jpg

"Whoa big guy. There is no need to......."

19EAM.jpg

"OWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Police_Beating_BMC.jpg

"GIVE UP THE CANDY BAR!!!!!"

122.jpg

"I need a Dr please."

middle-finger-shifang.jpg

"**** off, criminal."

And that sums up this thread.

Last edited:

crewdawg

F-15 Eagle Crew Chief
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Amite, LA
    If I were store security, thought you were shoplifting, asked you to comply, you refused, got all smart, and I thought you were armed, felt the gun, or you said you were armed... You just escalated the situation to what a reasonable person could feel is a felony.

And I'd smash the **** out of you and tell the cop I was absolutely threatened by an armed shoplifter.

Try it itoughmen.

So, if you were store security, and I refused to comply (because I didn't steal anything and am in a hurry and said some choice words to you), and you put a hand on me and "felt the gun" that I was legally carrying, you feel justified to "smash the **** out of me" because you figured that me not complying with you along with me carrying was an escalation to a felony? Because you said that you either "thought I was armed", you "felt the gun", or I said I was armed. So, if you felt I was armed, and I didn't comply with you, then you feel justified to physically assault me, and you think that you won't go to jail?

Please tell me that you really aren't that stupid that you actually believed that. Or at least tell me that you miswrote the above quote. Because my non-compliance along with you realizing that I'm armed does NOT give you any sort of justification to "smash the ****" out of me. :rolleyes:

Rebeldave

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Springfield la
    There was an older lady at a local Walmonster who began to want to go through my shopping cart as I was exiting every time she was working- as others walked by- a couple of years back. I went along with it the first couple of times (she was an elderly person, and I am not about to disrespect my elders)- but the third time IN A ROW I was somewhat annoyed. However, I don't want to see someone like her- who probably needs her job- to get in hot water over my slight inconvenience, because I'm a nice guy. :)

But DAMN IT- I pay for everything I leave with. Every time, all the time. And I don't exactly scream 'SHOPLIFTER!!' So enough, already.

So the next time, I decided to stand alongside the cart with my hands locked behind my head as she went through it- Smiling. She began to blush & say 'Oh, Sir, that's really not necessary...'- to which I told her 'Well, Ma'am- now we understand one other.' I never got checked again. :dogkeke:
    I think she was just trying to flirt with you

Lurker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Denham Springs LA
    "And I'd smash the **** out of you and tell the cop I was absolutely threatened by an armed shoplifter."

OR, you might get the **** smashed out of you and after your hospital visit, be charged with assault after the innocent person explained to the cop that some wack job got a bit too big for his panties and threatened and assaulted them.

Just another possibility. :D

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    So, if you were store security, and I refused to comply (because I didn't steal anything and am in a hurry and said some choice words to you), and you put a hand on me and "felt the gun" that I was legally carrying, you feel justified to "smash the **** out of me" because you figured that me not complying with you along with me carrying was an escalation to a felony? Because you said that you either "thought I was armed", you "felt the gun", or I said I was armed. So, if you felt I was armed, and I didn't comply with you, then you feel justified to physically assault me, and you think that you won't go to jail?

Please tell me that you really aren't that stupid that you actually believed that. Or at least tell me that you miswrote the above quote. Because my non-compliance along with you realizing that I'm armed does NOT give you any sort of justification to "smash the ****" out of me. :rolleyes:

If I believe you are stealing, and you are armed and you threaten me, or make me believe you are a threat to me, yes.

If you didn't steal, but act similar to EVERYONE who has ever stole by becoming irate, belligerent and non-compliant, and you have a gun?

Most shoplifters who become violent exhibit many of the same behavior. So you could show that a person of reasonable experience would assume you are guilty AND ARMED.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Uptown, New Orleans
    Probably a stupid question, but...

Ok, let's assume you did take all out of your pockets. When the gun hits the table, can you be charged for brandishing if the SG wants to be a dick about it (he's the one filing charges)?

crewdawg

F-15 Eagle Crew Chief
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Amite, LA
    If I believe you are stealing, and you are armed and you threaten me, or make me believe you are a threat to me, yes.

That makes more sense then. The way you wrote it, you were saying that either: you thought the suspect was armed, you felt the gun, OR he told you he was armed. Then you implied that that would have escalated the situation giving you the right to assault the suspect. I was looking at how you worded it because the implication didn't just state that the other person had to have threatened you.

It makes more sense now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom