RIP Paul Gomez

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Gotcha! Actually,I've seen a couple of his vids but just couldn't remember his name. I don't use any of his material in my class and I should. Thanks bro. Once again,my condolences to his family. I feel for his kids. I'm 43 and I lost my dad 6 months ago and I still hurt from it. Losing your dad sucks and looks like we lost a vital member of our community.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Funeral announcement and benefit info...
    Source, thread in The High Road forum....
    http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=662195&page=2
    The Gomez family has posted the following:

"Services for Paul Gomez will be held Friday June 8, 2012. Viewing will be from 10am-12pm with a memorial service at 12pm at Greenoaks 9595 Florida Blvd, Baton Rouge, La 70815

From Sherman House:

PAUL-E-PALOOZA

Everyone...like I said, the news from Uncle Paul Gomez' passing is still a shock. I keep seeing things, hearing music, and having ideas that I want to talk to Paul about. Reading the comments, and seeing the photos that so many people have posted has been great. I'm spending my days at work here, reading all of these amazing memories and stories about Paul, in between pulling teeth, and making plans for our mutual friend.

THANKS TO the efforts of many of Paul's friends and colleagues, we have many fish in the water at the moment. I'll review them in no particular order:

1. PAUL-E-PALOOZA (aka, "The Paul Gomez Tactical Conference Memorial") For those of you that knew Paul well, you knew that he would be less than pleased to hear that anything closely resembling a memorial golf tournament, even in name only, would be dedicated to him! Thus, the more appropriate, "PAUL-E-PALOOZA," name is chosen, and so mote it be. Paul's birthday is August 19th, and serendipitously, the 19th falls on a Sunday this year. So the conference will be set for August 17, 18 and 19. The location is STILL tentative. I've had a few GREAT offers on locations, it's just a matter of measuring how the logistics line up. So stay tuned. Thanks to Aaron Little, the RECURRING theme of the PAUL-E-PALOOZA will be topics and lectures that are either: TOPICS Paul would have lectured on HIMSELF, or TOPICS Paul would have liked to attend, however esoteric. The proceeds from PAUL-E-PALOOZA will go into a fund for Paul's children. Anyone that hasn't already, can still email me shermanahouse "at" gmail.com if you are interested in presenting or helping make this event happen, and continue to happen, from now on. Much like Tom Givens and Lynn Givens', "Polite Society," event that Paul so enjoyed and loved being a part of, I would like the PAUL-E-PALOOZA to become a regular event, that will continue to keep us all tied to Paul and Paul's legacy, as well as maintain the fellowship that those of us in this unique "fra-sority," share.

2. THE PAUL EVERETT GOMEZ TRUST FUND
    My wife, Ami'ee Montiel House, along with our family attorney, are making steps towards setting up a trust fund for Paul's children, Gabby Gomez, Spenser and Lillith. Once this is in place, anyone who wishes to can make contributions, to a national bank chain, and have their donation deposited in the trust. Also, the proceeds from the aforementioned, PAUL-E-PALOOZA will go into the fund, along with the other projects we have in the works...

3. GOMEZ TRAINING INTERNATIONAL LOGO AND SHIRTS
    Paul was in the creative process of creating a t-shirt/schwag logo when he passed. I've contacted the vendor he was working with, to continue the project, and get the logo and shirts, to market. Again, the proceeds from this effort will all go to Paul's kids, and we will all get a respectful, yet uniquely, "Paul," shirt/hoodie to have.

4. GOMEZ COMPENDIUM
    Efforts are underway to create a, "tome," of Paul knowledge. Perhaps his PSP's from TPI, as well as his essays, writings and course material. This may be available in an e-book format, or as a hardcopy. Also, creating a compilation video of his combined YOUTUBE videos is also in discussion. The proceeds of which, would also go to Paul's kids!

I'm sure I'm forgetting something...if you emailed me and I haven't returned your email, I promise I'm not ignoring you, I'm just up to my neck in it at the moment, and you will hear from me!

PLEASE SHARE THIS on web forums, Facebook, etc. And please email me, shermanahouse "at" gmail.com if you have anything to add, contribute or help, and I will incorporate you as best I can!

Thank you, EVERYONE, in your efforts to immortalize our Uncle Paul's ideas. I OWE Uncle Paul my best, and I will continue to do what I can for him, his kids and for Rachel IsBlessed, as well as all his friends and comrades.

Takuan

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    NOLA
    I haven't been around in awhile, but do remember his posts. I'm very sorry to hear the news... sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Jub Jub

Cadillac
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I own an OD Green Glock 17 purchased from Paul Gomez a few years ago. Everyone I have ever let shoot that gun has asked me to let them buy it. I am so glad I turned them all down.

Jub

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Paul's service was nice. It was good to meet his family and some of his friends. I'm a bit surprised that there weren't more BS folks there, but Nomad, JeepGirl, and Pangris made it out...if I missed anyone else I'm sorry.

I hope that people here understand what a major loss this is for our community. There is not a single person here, nor professional trainer, that has been more giving with their time, skills, and knowledge than Paul Gomez was. It's not to say that others lack, just that he was very generous. He offered free training more times than I can count, and it was worth far more than "free". He let people borrow and/or have numerous items and freely, eagerly, shared his knowledge with people.

It would be good if many of us use his memory as inspiration for what we would like to represent and see from society. This nation, our culture, and our society is in dire straits, and Paul was helping us to prepare for the worst while representing the very best of it. He wanted a polite society, and one with liberty. I think we all want the same, let's live like it.

We'll see our friend again, soon. <3

"An armed society is a polite society. " - Robert Heinlein

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Paul's service was nice. It was good to meet his family and some of his friends. I'm a bit surprised that there weren't more BS folks there, but Nomad, JeepGirl, and Pangris made it out...if I missed anyone else I'm sorry.

I hope that people here understand what a major loss this is for our community. There is not a single person here, nor professional trainer, that has been more giving with their time, skills, and knowledge than Paul Gomez was. It's not to say that others lack, just that he was very generous. He offered free training more times than I can count, and it was worth far more than "free". He let people borrow and/or have numerous items and freely, eagerly, shared his knowledge with people.

It would be good if many of us use his memory as inspiration for what we would like to represent and see from society. This nation, our culture, and our society is in dire straits, and Paul was helping us to prepare for the worst while representing the very best of it. He wanted a polite society, and one with liberty. I think we all want the same, let's live like it.

Hear! Hear!

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA

I would have loved to have been there but my job sent me to Hermosillo, Mexico instead. He and his family were in my thoughts.

I agree with your assessment of Paul. I wish I had taken the time to contact him about four years earlier when Andy informed me about Paul.

Your last paragraph describes him well. And your advice is worth it's weight in gold.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I would have loved to have been there but my job sent me to Hermosillo, Mexico instead. He and his family were in my thoughts.

I agree with your assessment of Paul. I wish I had taken the time to contact him about four years earlier when Andy informed me about Paul.

Your last paragraph describes him well. And your advice is worth it's weight in gold.

I recorded the Audio on my iphone.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie

Very nice post. Thanks.

Top Bottom