Robin Williams, dead at 63 years old

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Suicide is a permanent solution for a temporary problem!

Those of us who are not suffering from depression understand that.
    People who suffer from depression take things pretty hard. Your view of reality can get warped as well. Life events can build up over a period of years and every person has a limit.
    The best example I know of personally is the suicide of my last CO. He carried many burdens as a Marine CO and family man. He was always concerned with the well being of his Marines. His daughter suffered an accidental death at 16 for which he felt responsible. There were other issues after his retirement. He eventually used an M9 pistol at his office to end his life.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Wait. Has there been a ruling of suicide? Its too soon. I'm still betting that little Robin was out and amyl nitrate was close by.

Nobody offs themself by hanging.

When they mention "asphyxia" many times it refers to an "exit bag" aka "suicide bag"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_bag

Have any of the reports mentioned hanging?
    Never mind, just read the latest news report.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Cause of death just released.

Found clothed, sitting in chair, with belt around his neck,
    cuts on wrist but were only superficial, pocket knife near by.

Last edited:

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    What! So he wasn't hanging by the belt? How do you kill yourself this way? The plot thickens...

Autoerotic asphyxiation?

dun-dun-dun-o.gif

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    From your link: "suffocation (commonly carbon monoxide poisoning)"

Nobody intentionally offs them self by hanging.

Really? Nobody? I'm not interested in debating this, but such absolutism seems absurd. Various sites show "hanging" as the method employed in about 20% of all suicides, and I would bet that at least some of those are intentional.

Last edited:

Judge Mental

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Prairieville

This is a silly statement, unsupported by fact or reason. As an investigator I've worked several hanging suicides wherein there was no doubt of the decedents intention to "off themself", letters left or calls placed beforehand.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Really? Nobody? I'm not interested in debating this, but such absolutism seems absurd. Various sites show "hanging" as the method employed in about 20% of all suicides, and I would bet that at least some of those are intentional.

It was your link that said in the hanging/suffocation category that commonly meant carbon monoxide poisoning. That usually means sucking a tail pipe, not hanging. I think you just looked at the chart without reading about the chart also.

Hyperbole is a valid rhetorical device in common usage. It is seldom taken literally. The point was that hanging ain't that common, even based on your source.

Last edited:

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    This man gave a lot more shits about our men and women overseas. Albeit he was simply a comedian, those who were fortunate enough to meet him while deployed got to forget about just how shitty life was in a 3rd world country, even if it was for just a little while. He felt more compassion and sorrow and grief for our deployed troops than half the people on my friend's list on Facebook.

When you're depressed, chronically, you do things that don't make sense, like stick the business end of guns in your mouth and choke yourself to death with belts. I've lost too many of my friends to it. Way too many. Depression is simply a mind **** and hell on earth.

I wish I could have shook his hand once in life and told him he made a difference in my life, although I've never even seen him in person.

Last edited:

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    A quote from Michael Berry:

Robin Williams committed suicide today.
    The news will cover it extensively.
    People who didn't know him will cry out that it's a major loss to them.

On average, 23 Veterans will also commit suicide today, because the ravages ruined their mind.
    The news will NOT cover this.
    Nobody but the families will notice.

Robin Williams starred in a movie about Vietnam.
    Many Veterans who will kill themselves served there.

As you were......................

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Robin Williams committed suicide today.
    The news will cover it extensively.
    People who didn't know him will cry out that it's a major loss to them.

On average, 23 Veterans will also commit suicide today, because the ravages ruined their mind.
    The news will NOT cover this.
    Nobody but the families will notice.

Robin Williams starred in a movie about Vietnam.
    Many Veterans who will kill themselves served there.

As you were......................

Hurry folks, there's still time to get your 18 year old sons to the recruitment centers to volunteer for their shot.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA

I've had three personal friends who have committed suicide by hanging. Not wrapping a belt around their neck. Hanging themselves. It happens, and no aspect of suicide is something that should be made light of or joked about. If you're being serious, then know that you are absolutely wrong. If you're joking about people killing themselves, then... well I'll keep my thoughts to myself.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles

How true this is..... :(

It's just pitiful really. The entertainment saturation addiction keeps Americans from caring about those who need it the most.
    I mean of course it's a sad ordeal for Williams family and I respect that. What I don't respect is the attention given to one over the other.
    IMAGINE if Americans cared about EVERY Veteran (& Active Troop) just a FRACTION of the way we care about these Celebrities.
    Imagine what it would THEN be like to serve, voluntarily in the Armed Forces with that kind of support.
    Imagine what role models THEN our kids would have to look up to....Honor, Courage, Commitment, Integrity.....
    ....sigh....damn shame....

Top Bottom