SB118 Set for Final Passage in Senate. Constitutional Carry will need your help!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I think that the CDC vaccination card should double as a CC permit. Either that, or free CC permit for EVERYONE who gets vaccinated! A Trump 2024 mask would be all that is missing!

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    I think that the CDC vaccination card should double as a CC permit. Either that, or free CC permit for EVERYONE who gets vaccinated! A Trump 2024 mask would be all that is missing!

No vaccine for me so no CC permit for me! I dont need a vaccine or a card to enjoy my 2nd admendment rights! ;)

Helmsman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Just one allowing anyone to carry, regardless of residence. Removal of duty to inform was withdrawn. The rest were mandatory training and BS, rejected.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Just one allowing anyone to carry, regardless of residence. Removal of duty to inform was withdrawn. The rest were mandatory training and BS, rejected.

Awesome! Thank you for the information! Glad to hear about duty to inform being removed. That puts what passed more in line with the House bill.

m1k3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Central, LA
    If I read the amendment correctly, the amendment was going to remove the duty to inform. The amendment was withdrawn, which leaves the duty to inform in place. The body of the amendment is below.

On page 2, line 22, after "shall" delete the rest of the line and insert ", upon request from any police officer, notify any the police"

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    If I read the amendment correctly, the amendment was going to remove the duty to inform. The amendment was withdrawn, which leaves the duty to inform in place. The body of the amendment is below.

On page 2, line 22, after "shall" delete the rest of the line and insert ", upon request from any police officer, notify any the police"
    Interesting. The House bill does not contain the duty to inform, so this will need to be reconciled, assuming of course, that the House bill is passed as is.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    I smell political setup. When ole Boy Bell vetos it he is on record as being anti Second Amendment. This will be used against him when he runs for another office. He is not going to retire after he done being Governor. He is very popular with the National Democrat party.

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    My reps. support this legislation so not sure what else can be done. The lines are drawn and most of these people don't really care what their constituent's think.

The real beauty of this bill is it would allow L.A.C. to exercise their constitutional right yada yada yada... everyone here knows all of that.. What some folks may not realize is that it can sometimes take months to get your CCW Permit issued or renewed. That's really where this would be helpful.

I have a friend that has been waiting 6 months now for his permit. He's called and they said it's processing, the funds have been paid, this is his 3rd or 4th renewal and nothing has changed.. He's 65 or 67 and now has no valid permit.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    My reps. support this legislation so not sure what else can be done. The lines are drawn and most of these people don't really care what their constituent's think.

The real beauty of this bill is it would allow L.A.C. to exercise their constitutional right yada yada yada... everyone here knows all of that.. What some folks may not realize is that it can sometimes take months to get your CCW Permit issued or renewed. That's really where this would be helpful.

I have a friend that has been waiting 6 months now for his permit. He's called and they said it's processing, the funds have been paid, this is his 3rd or 4th renewal and nothing has changed.. He's 65 or 67 and now has no valid permit.
    I can carry in ~ 36 states with my non-resident permits but moved here in August, applied for permit in October and still waiting and can’t carry in my home state. Was in MS last weekend and carried legally all weekend. I had a CHP in my old commie state for 11 years. Carried everyday

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Article from FOX8. No bias, though :rolleyes:

https://www.fox8live.com/2021/04/28/louisiana-senate-votes-end-concealed-carry-permit-mandate/

Quote all of the Dems making **** up without a single fact to back up their claims, while printing a one-line quote from a Republican. Gotta love what passes for *Journalism* these days :puke:

The most egregious part of that story is the very first paragraph; and this:

*Passing this measure,* and *Ignoring the Governor’s opposition.*

The Governor’s opposition? So, everyone should just let the Governor review all the Bills, tell us which ones he will or won’t support, and only work (vote), on those that he likes?

The idiot that wrote this, the editor that approved it, and that network are worthless hacks!

Top Bottom