Senator wants to REGULATE Cajun Navy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    I'll respond to this one, too...

I had to go look and see if this guy changed parties somewhere in his political career. Couldn't believe this was coming from a Republican. My guess, he's got something to gain...maybe he owns some kind of safety training facility....or wants to...there has to be so,etching in it for him.

At any rate, Wikipedia has already written his future...LOL...cut and paste from their website:

Perry is also known as a comedian and has released DVDs of his stand-up Cajun routines.[4] Perry is among the most sought after Cajun comedians in the world and is a past "king" of the "International Cajun Joke Telling Contest." He was bedt known for derailing his political career with an attempt to extort volunteers in the Cajun navy by forcing them to obtain permits to help people in flooded areas after devastating storms in Acadiana in August 2016. He was voted out of office shortly thereafter.[5]

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    What a dumbass. The people are gonna bring out the pitchforks now.

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    Negative, he posted a statement that he basically wanted to set up a waiver or minimal training to allow the few people who were stopped by LEOs to proceed beyond barricades or checkpoints.

From the little I've seen a few boats in several cities were stopped and some required to have an LEO aboard before heading out.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Yall must be talking about the assholes who were flying down my street (with waist deep water) in the boats pushing wakes into people's homes who were already partially submerged blowing windows and doors open with said wakes, and some douchebag laying across the front of the lead boat point a rifle at every house they passed. Yea. **** those guys.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    Many people died after Katrina waiting to be rescued while the state police turned 100's if not 1000s of good Samaritans with boats around on the interstate . They didn't want anyone to steal their glory I guess.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Many people died after Katrina waiting to be rescued while the state police turned 100's if not 1000s of good Samaritans with boats around on the interstate . They didn't want anyone to steal their glory I guess.

A good 95% of those "good samaritans" are folks with zero training and will cause more harm than good.

BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    They should revise the current Good Samaritan Law to waive liability to civilian volunteers helping during an emergency. Right now,the LA Law only protects EMT's, physicians, nurses, veterinarians....medical types.

For the record....what percent of the hundreds of boats rescuing people in EBR, Ascension, Tangipahoa and other hard hit parishes did more harm than good? Haven't heard of a single incident other than somebody complaining about no wake zones. I think the statistics...if you could actually put numbers to this event....would show that civilian rescue efforts served a much greater good to their fellow citizens.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    They should revise the current Good Samaritan Law to waive liability to civilian volunteers helping during an emergency. Right now,the LA Law only protects EMT's, physicians, nurses, veterinarians....medical types.

For the record....what percent of the hundreds of boats rescuing people in EBR, Ascension, Tangipahoa and other hard hit parishes did more harm than good? Haven't heard of a single incident other than somebody complaining about no wake zones. I think the statistics...if you could actually put numbers to this event....would show that civilian rescue efforts served a much greater good to their fellow citizens.

It's much more than a complaint about a no wake zone. It's about endangering my and my families lives by riding on the front of a boat pointing a rifle at my home for no reason and damaging my property further than it already was. Not to mention I was trying to salvage whatever belongings I possibly could by carrying them in trash bags out to a kayak in waist deep water so the wake caused my property (including my wedding albums) to go into the water. There was ABSOLUTELY NO NEED for those idiots to be going anywhere my neighborhood with the amount of water we took. They did way more damage than good.

pandabear

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    The Guy who rescued the lady and her dog in the Mazada Meita. Who has that video shown all over the world. I wonder what kind of training he received before he was allowed to jump under water to rescued her.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    How dare you subjects act on your own. How dare you think on your own. You sheep are to accept father government and his assistance. Accept and be dependent. Go back to sleep.

I for one have never and will never wait for assistance from any government agency in any aspect of my life. If one life was truly saved, and I know there was, whatever "damage" that was done by these good people can't hold a candle to a death occurring because potential assistance was not allowed by someone who could get the job done.

When it comes to heroics, I'll take willingness over training any day of the week.

Last edited:

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    The Guy who rescued the lady and her dog in the Mazada Meita. Who has that video shown all over the world. I wonder what kind of training he received before he was allowed to jump under water to rescued her.

Oddly, that car turned out to be stolen from what I hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    The SS wants you to have z papers. Then I suggest you get z papers of wind up at the bottom of the pond. The gubment is trying to take any community pride and individual moral code we have. Everything must be regulated. Just wait for the professionals (fema, guard) to get there and help. When seconds count.....

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Yall must be talking about the assholes who were flying down my street (with waist deep water) in the boats pushing wakes into people's homes who were already partially submerged blowing windows and doors open with said wakes, and some douchebag laying across the front of the lead boat point a rifle at every house they passed. Yea. **** those guys.

It's much more than a complaint about a no wake zone. It's about endangering my and my families lives by riding on the front of a boat pointing a rifle at my home for no reason and damaging my property further than it already was. Not to mention I was trying to salvage whatever belongings I possibly could by carrying them in trash bags out to a kayak in waist deep water so the wake caused my property (including my wedding albums) to go into the water. There was ABSOLUTELY NO NEED for those idiots to be going anywhere my neighborhood with the amount of water we took. They did way more damage than good.

Why were they pointing rifles at homes?

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    One of the boats I got in was pretty damned iffy at best.

But guess what?

Two complete strangers saved my mother and dog when no none else would. They leat me on their boat with no questions asked. I realized the inherent danger of the situation, made a call, and went with it.

Not to downplay someone else's loss, but one or two incidents vs the 1,000's rescued shows the true nature of people around here.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA

False...Louisiana's Good Samaritan Laws apply to any citizen, even though there are parts of it that apply specifically to medical personnel:

La. R.S. 9:2793: No person who in good faith gratuitously renders emergency care, first aid or rescue at the scene of an emergency, or moves a person receiving such care, first aid or rescue to a hospital or other place of medical care shall be liable for any civil damages as a result of any act or omission in rendering the care or services or as a result of any act or failure to act to provide or arrange for further medical treatment or care for the person involved in the said emergency; provided, however, such care or services or transportation shall not be considered gratuitous, and this Section shall not apply when rendered incidental to a business relationship, including but not limited to that of employer-employee, existing between the person rendering such care or service or transportation and the person receiving the same, or when incidental to a business relationship existing between the employer or principal of the person rendering such care, service or transportation and the employer or principal of the person receiving such care, service or transportation

BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    Thanks for that info JBE. I had looked up "Samaritan" on the searchable statutes. That section was definitely not in what I read. Good to know this info.

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    It's like everything else in Govt they want there fee, and we just bend over and take it ! We are taxed more every year with fees, permits, tolls, licenses, taxes and every year the Govt says we need more and we give it up. Sheep !

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom