Shenahdoah robberies

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    LOCK YOUR VEHICLES!!!! I can't stress that enough. The vast majority of vehicle burglaries are unlocked. All a thief has to do is walk through a neighborhood pulling on door handles. If it is unlocked, they WILL go inside just to see if there is anything good. Most of the time they only break windows if they can see something good inside. GPS, laptop, etc.

Lock your doors and don't leave valuables in plain view and you have a much lower chance of getting your vehicle burglarized.

Sigforty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2007
    LOCK YOUR VEHICLES!!!! I can't stress that enough. The vast majority of vehicle burglaries are unlocked. All a thief has to do is walk through a neighborhood pulling on door handles. If it is unlocked, they WILL go inside just to see if there is anything good. Most of the time they only break windows if they can see something good inside. GPS, laptop, etc.

Lock your doors and don't leave valuables in plain view and you have a much lower chance of getting your vehicle burglarized.

I could not agree with you more Kade!! We had a rash of vehicle burglaries in my neighbor hood the last two months and it is a lot of folks who leave everything unlocked.

joey9139122

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Prairieville, LA

Lesson against laziness learned.

king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    An email I got from a neighbor today.

My fellow coworkers:

This is the first time (and hopefully last) I have ever sent an office-wide
    email message. However, I wanted to share with you some recent events.

Below please see a message I sent to my neighborhood Home Owners Association
    (HOA) describing an incident that took place Wednesday morning.

Since this incident, I have also confirmed that Wednesday evening that at least
    42 vehicles were broken into in Shenandoah Subdivision, and that nine guns were
    stolen (including one from a friend of mine).

Please be alert and aware of your surroundings. Also, please lock and don’t
    leave any weapons in your vehicles. We don’t need to be inadvertently arming
    these thugs!

Scott H. Slaughter, P.E.

Principal Geotechnical Engineer

[X]

7389 Florida Boulevard

Suite 300

Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70806

Tel: 225.922.5700

Direct: 225.935.2995

Cell: 225.287.9960

Please note new email address:

<mailto:scott.slaughter@urs.com><mailto:scott.slaughter@urs.com>scott.slaughter@urs.com<mailto:scott.slaughter@urs.com>

Fellow Residents:

My name is Scott Slaughter and I live on Wilson Way Drive. My wife, Ashley, is
    current President of the Jefferson Ridge HOA. An incident occurred yesterday
    morning (Wed, April 11) that I feel obligated to share with you.

On Wednesday morning I was preparing to leave for the airport for a business
    trip for a few days. At 5:30 am, I opened my automatic garage door to retrieve
    my cell phone charger from my truck to pack for my trip. I then walked to my
    truck and opened the door and immediately saw that my truck had been ransacked,
    with the glove box and console open and the contents thrown everywhere
    (unfortunately I had forgotten to lock my truck that night....something I always
    try to do). Fortunately however, my laptop computer in the back seat was still
    there and I grabbed it to take it inside the house. I informed my wife of the
    situation and then went back outside to see what had been taken from my truck (I
    had assumed my truck had been broken into much earlier that evening). When I
    went back out to my truck, two thugs with dark beanie caps, dark shirts, jeans,
    tennis shoes, and large caliber automatic handguns, ran around the corner from
    my neighbors garage and pointed their guns at me and screaming things at me that
    I could not comprehend. I put my hands up and asked them what they wanted. After
    a few moments I was able to interpret the word "wallet" so I immediately tossed
    the closest thug my wallet. The other one then screamed "shoot the bitch" and I
    pleaded for them not to kill me and offered the keys to my truck or anything
    else they wanted. The one farthest away from me then turned and ran toward the
    end of the culdesack. The closest one kept his gun trained on me for a few
    moments contemplating whether to shoot, then turned and walked to the edge of
    the garage, turning around and then again pointed his gun at me still
    contemplating whether to kill me. I stood there in my garage with my hands
    raised and calmly said "it's cool, please just go". He then turned and ran to
    towards the end of the culdesack towards his accomplice. I did not pursue. I
    immediately ran inside the house and locked the door, checked on my family,
    arming myself and assuming a defensive posture in my home while waiting on the
    sheriff's department to arrive.

During the course of these events, my wife Ashley heard all of the commotion
    outside and went to investigate. She walked to the door going into the garage
    and almost opened it but saw one of the thugs holding a gun on me. She then
    retreated back to the kids bedroom and called 911. I am very thankful she did
    not walk outside as this could have escalated the situation and things could
    have been much worse.

The sherrif's office was able to collect excellent fingerprint and DNA samples
    so I am rather confident these thugs will eventually be caught. However, this
    will not solve the problem. These thugs have no regard or respect for human life
    and think they are entitled to everything that you or I own and have worked so
    hard for our entire life.

Up to this point, crime in our neighborhood has been mostly confined to petty
    theft where young thieves target unlocked vehicles and open garages. However,
    this armed robbery incident escalates the crime to a completely new level! It is
    just a matter of time before someone else is a victim, and hopefully nobody will
    be killed. I have spoken with some of my neighbors that have video surveillance
    systems and have observed that these thugs are organized and plan their attacks
    carefully. We have seen where they have a car drop off a group of them off while
    they roam. They then call the car to come pick them up when they finish with
    their "work". The videos are incredible and sobering. These thugs are roaming
    our neighborhood almost every night!

Since this incident I have had many friends, family, neighbors, and
    acquaintances contact me to discuss their concerns. I had someone send me a link
    to the videos below that show what is going on right in our community right
    around the corner from us. Please take a look, they are all about the same. It
    is quite incredible. This very morning there was a similar incident to the one
    that happened to me that occurred in Shenandoah Subdivision. A man went out
    early in the morning and discovered his truck had been broken into and the thugs
    approached him with guns. They robbed the man of his wallet and he turned to run
    back inside his home when they shot at him. Fortunately they missed him though
    he now has a bullet hole in his kitchen table. A friend called to tell me they
    heard of this incident on the radio this morning. We contacted the Sheriff' s
    detective and verified that this had indeed actually occurred.

The incident yesterday morning has affected me and my family in many ways. I am
    absolutely filled with fury and rage over these "people" threatening my life in
    my own home. I am also deeply saddened by the fact that my wife and children are
    terrified living here in our home. We all have a right to feel safe in our own
    neighborhood where we live and our children and grandchildren play. I am having
    a comprehensive video surveillance system installed outside and inside my home
    this morning. What a shame.

We must all come together and look out for each other. I pray and am very
    thankful that I am still here on this earth, I am not ready to leave my family.
    I also pray for our society and our great nation. The events described in this
    message are factual and experienced by me. However, any conclusions, viewpoint,
    or opinions expressed are strictly mine.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss any issues further.

Scott Slaughter

CaptainMorgan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    baton rouge
    shitty shitty shitty. Ive yet to hear of any robberies like that in this area, especially at gun point. Looks like all the BS guys from this area need to be on our toes.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Well, I guess that since we're on the subject, I'll share the letter that I got to deliver to my own neighbors a few weeks ago. Needless to say, security measures have improved significantly around the house...

Dear neighbors,

I have lived in the <address deleted> section of <address deleted> since 2005, when I purchased my home here. Since that time, I had only one criminal incident occur, in which someone stole a few items from my unlocked vehicle, while it was parked in my driveway, around 7:30 p.m.

On March 20th, 2012, at approximately 11:30 a.m., while I was at work, my house was broken into. Apparently, there were two scumbags working together. One of them kept watch from a green Buick Century parked in my driveway, while the other one went around to break in through my back door. It appears that he attempted to pry the door open first, and when that didn’t work, he kicked the door in and went inside. The door that he kicked it had an alarm system sticker on it- he clearly wasn’t deterred by such.

I was VERY lucky that my neighbor happened to come home for lunch at the same time that all this was happening, and he broke up the act. Scumbag #1, fled the scene in the Buick, and we believe that Scumbag #2 made his way out the back on foot. Several items had been moved around inside and it looked like he was gathering things into one area to take away all at once. Because of my neighbor’s fortuitous timing, nothing was actually stolen, but my backdoor was severely damaged. My next-door neighbor’s wife and 14 month-old baby were at home while all of this was happening.

The Scumbag in the car was a black male in his late 20s to mid 30s. He was wearing a green, reflective vest and had a temporary tag on the vehicle. My neighbor was able to see the real license plate (that had been removed from the car) in the backseat, with another green reflective vest. We never got a look at the other guy.

The police who arrived had just responded to another burglary around the corner on Highland, and a friend told me of another, just down the road as well- that’s three break-ins on the morning of March 20th alone.

The police suspect that with all of the workers that we have had in the neighborhood lately (road, sewer, drainage, survey, etc.) that these guys were likely part of one of those crews, on their lunch break. When questioned by my neighbor, and before fleeing the scene, Scumbag #1’s story was that he had done some yard work for me in the past and was coming by to pick up a check.

Please be wary of any suspicious activity. We all know which cars are supposed to be in our neighbors’ driveways. Call the police if something doesn’t look right. Beef up your security and don’t become an easy target.

Please share this story with as many friends and neighbors as you can.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Just thought I'd add on that my order from NewEgg for that surveillance camera kit came in real fast. Ordered it on Monday, shipped 3 day and was delivered on Tuesday afternoon. I love when NewEgg ships from their Tennessee location. :)

Just did a quick setup at work, was able to install the hard drive easy enough. Hooked up one camera and then powered the unit on. After an initial start up and hard drive formatting I was able to test the one camera and clarity of the image is nice. Has the same visual perception of the human eye. Can't wait to get this installed at the house with all 4 cameras going.

Might be time to set up a new forum or sub-forum in the Survival section for Home Security. :)

Going to be ready for these hooligans this summer. Hopefully this will be a waste of money and nothing will ever happen to my property.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Make sure you have enough lighting for it at night, maybe a motion light to kick on with the motion camera? Cameras are great but unless you have a high dollar system or good lighting, they sometimes aren't much help at night.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Make sure you have enough lighting for it at night, maybe a motion light to kick on with the motion camera? Cameras are great but unless you have a high dollar system or good lighting, they sometimes aren't much help at night.

Understood. The cameras do have a infrared feature which will probably only be good at 25 feet. My concern was having something for daylight hours anyway. I'll have to play with their effectiveness but as it is my home is lit up at night with motion lights and door lights.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Images released of burglary & armed robbery suspects

East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Detectives are looking for two men allegedly involved in a rash of burglaries and armed robberies in the Shenandoah area, Sheriff’s Office spokesman Col. Lawrence McLeary said in an news release.

The crimes occurred at 4 a.m. on April 12, McLeary said.

According to reports, two unidentified men were seen burglarizing two vehicles and stealing two bicycles from a house located in the Shenandoah area.

The first man is black and wearing a light colored shirt with design, dark pants, tennis shoes, a cap, and sunglasses.

The second man is black and wearing a light colored jacket with writing on it, long pants, tennis shoes, and glasses.

Anyone with information concerning this incident or the identity of the men is asked to contact the Sheriff’s Office at (225) 389-5000. Crime Stoppers is also offering a cash reward for anyone with information leading to the arrest of those responsible. Contact Crime Stoppers anonymously at (225) 344- STOP or (225) 344-7867.

chicamauga1.JPG

chicamauga3.JPG
    http://theadvocate.com/home/2716777-125/ebrso-two-men-wanted-in

:)

Top Bottom