Sherburne WMA class 3 shoot

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What Saturday in March would you like to attend the class 3 shoot?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    Damn yeah even that won't stop stupid. To me you have to be trying to shoot over those berms. It's not like they are 600 yards away.

Bkjsdc09

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Hammond
    Well one of my bosses, when he was a forester, was marking timber back there and heard rounds zipping overhead and ricocheting off of trees. Needless to say he was not back there much longer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    UPDATE!!!!

About a week ago I spoke with an agent at the Opelousas office about our little get together. He got in touch with the district commander and explained what we wanted to do. He called me today and said as of this time there is no rapid-fire or full-auto fire restrictions in effect. It is something being discussed that is probably going to happen in the near future. We also talked at length about the pending legislation that would allow the use of suppressors for hunting, which he was a fan of. He said that several agents were very interested in attending the shoot and to let him know as soon as possible.

WE ARE A GO!!!! So let's get a date worked out soon.

That is all.

cajun

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    No cost to attend, it's a public range. Just bring quality ammo and you can shoot most items there. The agent I spoke to said to remind everyone about having a license or management area stamp to use the range.

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'll be there. We just need to get a rock solid date. I can be there either Saturday or Sunday the only weekend that is no go for me is the 21st and 22nd. How about we do it Sunday March 16th. Just browsing through the thread it looks like that is when most of the sponsors would be available. It would work for me.

jjoker16

Rating - 98.3%
    57   1   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    Ok folks. After working out dates and scheduling conflicts we have decided on a date.

We will be meeting at Sherburne WMA on Sunday March 23rd at 08:00am.

We have 3-5 local class 3 dealers that will be sponsoring the shoot. They will be bringing all types of class 3 toys for everyone to enjoy.

If you plan on coming and would like to shoot the sponsor's toys. They only ask that you bring your own ammo and that the ammo is quality, brass cased and non corrosive.

Feel free to come out and watch and participate in the fun.

Big thanks to all the sponsors for making this possible. Cant wait sling some lead.

We will see yall soon.

Last edited:

spec50trout

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks so much, gentlemen. Looking forward to it. Got ammo to burn.

WARNING: Some of you will likely be annoyed by my never ending suppressor questions! Yes I'm that class III noob, goober, idiot, moron,....looking to make a suppressor purchase.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    Thanks so much, gentlemen. Looking forward to it. Got ammo to burn.

WARNING: Some of you will likely be annoyed by my never ending suppressor questions! Yes I'm that class III noob, goober, idiot, moron,....looking to make a suppressor purchase.:rolleyes:

I answer those questions on a 24 hour basis, you can start bombarding me now if you want. Ill have you doing Form 1's and E-filing your own suppressors in no time. But so help me god if you ask the same question 3 times and rephrase it differently lol!

flemgunner

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    lafayette
    For teh record the 8mm doesnt have to be brass. In fact the only 8mm I shoot out of the 42 and 34 is Romanian. It can be found online but its starting to get a little pricy. It may be a good idea for a couple guys to go in together. I only have the 2 barrels for the 42 and they heat QUICK so expect some down time on that gun

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    For teh record the 8mm doesnt have to be brass. In fact the only 8mm I shoot out of the 42 and 34 is Romanian. It can be found online but its starting to get a little pricy. It may be a good idea for a couple guys to go in together. I only have the 2 barrels for the 42 and they heat QUICK so expect some down time on that gun

You're bringing the 42 out?!

giphy.gif

Defender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Denham Springs, LA
    Do you think it would be a good idea to put together a list of those who plan to attend. Also what ammo to bring, 9mm, 45acp, 7.62x39, 5.56, 5.45x39, and ??? Wonder if I can get BJ Pawn to bring some suppressors to try out?

patwa

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    Lake Charles
    I few questions. Some would like to make it but we have never been to a class III shoot and don't know what to expect.
    Can we bring our own class three items and shoot them. What would we be shooting at, should we bring targets, and how much ammo should we bring? How long will it last, do we need to bring food? Do we need to bring anything besides ear and eye protection?
    Probably will have more questions but that's all I can think of now.

Top Bottom