Shooting at police ranges

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    What is I wanted to shoot a gun I didnt own? I borrowed from a friend? I would not have proof of ownership. Hell I dont have any proof of ownership for any of the guns I own.

southernk9cop

Resident Zombie Hunter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 3, 2007
    Houma
    This does NOT happen at the Terrebonne Range.

Yeah, you have to sign in, but that's just a record of who is shooting there. There is no background check, no NCIC check. The only thing is is limited there now are "assault" weapons. Don't ask me, I didn't come up with it.

You can thank the people that like going out and bumpfiring AR15's and AK's for that one. Yeah, I know you can just punish the people that did it individually, instead of ruining it for everyone but its a training range and free to the public. A blanket policy was put in place instead.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    No kidding, Art. Interesting. What year was that and who was the sheriff? You ended up with a collectible ;)

Personally, another NCIS check doesn't bother me much, but my head is thick enough I don't need tinfoil :rofl:

FWIW, I spend enough time at the New Iberia Sheriff's range that I've been thinking of getting a rubber stamp for the liability release forms to save my writing hand :D

I can't find the card, but I want to say that this was in 2000(?) maybe, I know Hub City in Lafayette was still open. My brain sucks when I put it in "way back" mode. :rolleyes: :D
    Sid was Sheriff.
    NCIS doesn't bother me either. If they nab a thug here and there more power to them.
    As far as time spent over there, Phil would give me his keys to open the gate. :D
    I rebraced all of the rifle benches out of my own pocket.
    I've only shot there 2 or 3 times since Louis has taken over. Thats more due to my health than management changes, although they screwed over and lost some great guys when he took over.

Art

Last edited:

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    I've only shot there 2 or 3 times since Louis has taken over. Thats more due to my health than management changes

I know, Art, miss seeing you there and hope you get your health problems behind you soon so you can get back to what you enjoy.

Starting to see some positive changes there...return of steel for one :thumbsup:

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    Thats some great news. I use to have fun working out on the plate racks. Lot's of fun. I hope they can get those matches going, hell, I'd go watch even if I was unable to shoot. :D

Art

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    Three post and you are already full of crap.

Great job. :crazy::nono::thumbsdown::hahano:

I was asking a question not making a comment. If you don't know the difference google it. I've always been taught that the only dumb questions are the ones that aren't asked. It saddens me but doesn't surprise me that you would make a comment like that. How dare you combine one of the most corrupt Police organization in the country with the finest military organization in the world to come up with your screen name?

semper fi

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    I was asking a question not making a comment. If you don't know the difference google it. I've always been taught that the only dumb questions are the ones that aren't asked. It saddens me but doesn't surprise me that you would make a comment like that. How dare you combine one of the most corrupt Police organization in the country with the finest military organization in the world to come up with your screen name?

semper fi

Sand in the vagina much?

southernk9cop

Resident Zombie Hunter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 3, 2007
    Houma
    7kk8kp67b40huhh6ts.gif

lilmoose0

Crack don't smoke it self
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2007
    Thibodaux
    It's all BS, but I stopped going to the TPSO range because the Range Nazi is strong with that place yet not strong enough at times.:confused:

The guy was standing over my shoulder while I was shooting my 30-06 110 savage, reminding me to pick up my brass (Which was landing on the shooting table.) when I finished. I don't know if he forgot, but he told me three times.

That same day, there was someone there that he knew who had a son that was sighting in a .17 hmr bolt action. The range was cold and people were downrange checking their target. I just happen to stay back. The range master and his buddy where shooting the bull while the son got behind his rifle and chambered a round and started to take aim. I was already yelling "range cold" at the kid when he got behinde the rifle but he had his muffs on. I was reaching for him when the range master finally saw what was happening and grabbed the rifle while the kid's finger was on the trigger.:rolleyes:
    I just shook my head, packed my **** and left. The range master told me to go get my target board. I told him to shove it up his ass.

Any way, it's been at least 3 years since I've gone there. Never had any problems until that day.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    There is no gun or gun owner registration in New Orleans or the State of La. Your friend has been watching too many reruns of Law & Order.

Although it didn't happen through registration, it did happen, Yale.

Even after then-Congressman Jindal helped pass legistlation that outlawed this type of confiscation during a disaster, the NOPD Cheif said he would "do the same thing again" if there was a repeat storm.
    My question is, since this would now be a violation of federal law, wouldn't issuing orders to confiscate weapons from law-abiding people subject him to arrest by U.S. Marshals? I would think so, and it should. What do y'all think? :confused:

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Delta: Everyone that responded has been told to deny the checks are happening. Finger print readers are being installed at the Office of Homeland Securities' expense at thousands of retailers all over the state. Be very careful where and how you place your hands/fingers on counter tops. The newest readers are being installed on entry doorway handles.

Why is that bad?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Not a chance in hell. If someone even had the nuts to go against PC and try it (arrest them), they would play the race card faster than a cop wannabe dropping a buddy's name during a traffic stop.

How can we allow federal law to be violated due to the race card? I mean, this situation was so out of control after Katrina they wrote a freakin' book about it.
    Wouldn't there be anything that Gov Jindal could do, seeing as it would also presumably violate Louisiana law?
    I have the book, and if any of you haven't read it ("The Great New Orleans Gun Grab"), you really should. If anyone EVER tells you you're being "paranoid" about losing your guns, ask them to read it, too.....

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    It's all BS, but I stopped going to the TPSO range because the Range Nazi is strong with that place yet not strong enough at times.:confused:

The guy was standing over my shoulder while I was shooting my 30-06 110 savage, reminding me to pick up my brass (Which was landing on the shooting table.) when I finished. I don't know if he forgot, but he told me three times.

That same day, there was someone there that he knew who had a son that was sighting in a .17 hmr bolt action. The range was cold and people were downrange checking their target. I just happen to stay back. The range master and his buddy where shooting the bull while the son got behind his rifle and chambered a round and started to take aim. I was already yelling "range cold" at the kid when he got behinde the rifle but he had his muffs on. I was reaching for him when the range master finally saw what was happening and grabbed the rifle while the kid's finger was on the trigger.:rolleyes:
    I just shook my head, packed my **** and left. The range master told me to go get my target board. I told him to shove it up his ass.

Any way, it's been at least 3 years since I've gone there. Never had any problems until that day.

i have never shot at a range that had a range master.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    Not a chance in hell. If someone even had the nuts to go against PC and try it (arrest them), they would play the race card faster than a cop wannabe dropping a buddy's name during a traffic stop.

How can we allow federal law to be violated due to the race card? I mean, this situation was so out of control after Katrina they wrote a freakin' book about it.
    Wouldn't there be anything that Gov Jindal could do, seeing as it would also presumably violate Louisiana law?
    I have the book, and if any of you haven't read it ("bThe Great New Orleans Gun Grab"), you really should. If anyone EVER tells you you're being "paranoid" about losing your guns, ask them to read it, too.....

Is that Gordon Hutchinson's book?

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La

I have the book, and if any of you haven't read it ("The Great New Orleans Gun Grab"), you really should. If anyone EVER tells you you're being "paranoid" about losing your guns, ask them to read it, too.....

You're being paranoid! and I ttok my CHP course from the guy that wrote that book.

Top Bottom