Shooting in Pierre Part this AM....Anyone know what's going on??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • southlaems

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    Houma, LA
    I went to a report writing class once. There were 20 of us in the class and we were going to be eyewitnesses for a crime about to take place. The instructor pressed play on the VCR and we all watched the exact same assult unfold which lasted about a minute and a half. We all filled out paperwork on the incident which asked some pretty basic questions (who was involved, what happend, what color clothes victum and perp were wearing, what kind of car, ect... very common questions) Out of 20 people there, no one (or very few) had the same answers and very few were correct. Once we discussed all the answers to the questions and listed all of our answers together in a group we re-watched the video to see what the FACTS were actually and out of 20 trained LEO we had very few answers right. I guess sometimes what you see is not always what you remember, especially when stress is involved.....

JM2c

LSU ATC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Red Stick
    I went to a report writing class once. There were 20 of us in the class and we were going to be eyewitnesses for a crime about to take place. The instructor pressed play on the VCR and we all watched the exact same assult unfold which lasted about a minute and a half. We all filled out paperwork on the incident which asked some pretty basic questions (who was involved, what happend, what color clothes victum and perp were wearing, what kind of car, ect... very common questions) Out of 20 people there, no one (or very few) had the same answers and very few were correct. Once we discussed all the answers to the questions and listed all of our answers together in a group we re-watched the video to see what the FACTS were actually and out of 20 trained LEO we had very few answers right. I guess sometimes what you see is not always what you remember, especially when stress is involved.....

JM2c

And watching it on video would not be considered a stressful situation.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    I assume you are referring to Brannon?

Yes, I know him personally, face to face, have shared meals and classes with him, etc., etc.

So what's your point?

It was a question. Questions do not have a point. If you don't believe me, Brannon is the perfect person to ask.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I can tell you this much... what we know so far of this incident reinforces my decision to carry a .45 everywhere...

Would it be presumptuous to suspect that this reinforcement has something to do with the metric system?

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    After hearing the story from a relative I can say it doesn't make me want to change caliber, but to carry more ammo or be a much better shot. He ran out and wasn't executed because dirtbag's Hi-Point or 1911 jammed.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Smartass?????:eek3:

I didn't even mention that the backblast would kill more people than the warhead due to the confined space. Everyone who survived would be in your shoes.

You better watch yourself calling people names with only a .380 to back you up. :mamoru:

How does a RPB backblast compare with a 3.5 Bazooka?

I've been within 30' of a 106RR and I assume it is quite up to that. I've fired the bazooka and its blast is not insignificant.
    :eh:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    How does a RPB backblast compare with a 3.5 Bazooka?

I've been within 30' of a 106RR and I assume it is quite up to that. I've fired the bazooka and its blast is not insignificant.
    :eh:

Minimal b/c it's "Rocket Propelled" unlike the AT4/SMAW which is not, therefore obvously have huge backblast area's.

I know what the books say, but I also know what I've seen. It's nothing compared to a RR or AT4/SMAW type rocket.

RPG Backblast is more closely related to the backblast of a Javelin.

Last edited:

rustyduck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    near morgan city
    i "heard" the bad guy used a 9mm and the ccw guy used a .45acp. the bad guy took a .45acp to the chest and was still able to go outside to the woods and shoot himself. the ccw guy went outside with a 9mm gut shot and went down. they said ccw guy had a non life threating shot but he is now having compilations. i hope this isn't so. i also heard ccw guy is from gonzales but has a camp in bell river. anyone know him? hows he really doing? i know his nick name but will respect his privacy.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    and? i heard the 9mm part from someone in law enforcement a couple hours after it happened. does not make it fact but its sure is a hell o lot better than "wrong on both counts". might as well not even comment at all tbqh.

Gosh LSP, I guess this means you're chopped liver?

Rusty, I haven't kept up with who is handling the investigation, or if it's even still open but you do remember LSP works in the crime labs at LSP HQ right? If he's making a flat statement like this, I'm willing to put money on the table, he's had his hands on the guns in question.

rustyduck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    near morgan city
    "Wrong, on both counts."

thats his input. useless to me. i don't care if he is the king of csi swamp people. to me he is an unhelpful post on the internet, trying to be a smartass maybe? i don't know. but someone i know in law enforcement that questioned people right after the shooting said the bad guy had a 9mm. and that may very well be wrong. who knows? some internet poster saying "Wrong, on both counts."?

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    "Wrong, on both counts."

thats his input. useless to me. i don't care if he is the king of csi swamp people. to me he is an unhelpful post on the internet, trying to be a smartass maybe? i don't know. but someone i know in law enforcement that questioned people right after the shooting said the bad guy had a 9mm. and that may very well be wrong. who knows? some internet poster saying "Wrong, on both counts."?

LSP is correct. I had it direct from a family member. The correct info is in this thread closer to the beginning. And LSP is not just "another Internet poster."

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    "Wrong, on both counts."

thats his input. useless to me. i don't care if he is the king of csi swamp people. to me he is an unhelpful post on the internet,trying to be a smartass maybe? i don't know. but someone i know in law enforcement that questioned people right after the shooting said the bad guy had a 9mm. and that may very well be wrong. who knows? some internet poster saying "Wrong, on both counts."?

And your input is rumor. Also useless to most.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    "Wrong, on both counts."

LSP972's new subtitle. :rofl:

Top Bottom