Sig P320 discharged in bag

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Safety on the trigger is one of the dumbest things I have seen in my life on a firearm. It reminds me of old WWII Russian guns that had no safety at all. Their thinking was like many, "Just don't pull the trigger". Well when that trigger gets snagged on something or you draw the gun and accidentally drop it things happen. As for me I dropped the Glock when using snap caps. When I went to grab it bam my finger hit the trigger and it when off like nothing. It was not even a complete pull back either. Two of my fingers went into the trigger guard in front of the trigger. I am not in the habit of dropping firearms but it happens. Not one person who shoots has not had it happen a time or two. All of my striker fires that do not have additional safeties are range guns now. No round in the chamber until it is point down range.

Cool story, my dude.

928d8a9a57515320068a2c339e88fd28.jpg

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    Never said I was carrying the gun. I was dry firing it with SNAP caps, dropped it, and it fired when I grabbed it. Now this could happen with any pistol if the hammer is cocked on off safety. Just think Glock types add a certain degree of danger.

You do realize you changed your story when we called out out, right ? First you were seeing if you could make it accidentally discharge, then you dropped it and caught it and then you pulled the trigger on your own.

Your story sounds very made up. Who carries snap caps chambered in a gun in their bag. Were you testing it (with snap caps) for drop safety, or was it an accidental drop and you pulled the trigger.

I am going to guess your mouth overtook your ass on this one. Here is where you just say "my post was a mistake" and stop. But I am guessing you will dig this hole deeper.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    I do know how it work. It has multiple safety mechanisms to prevent discharge from Drops etc. I could throw a glock down on the ground and it will not go off. Throw in the human element. Fumbling around, butter fingers, etc, and the trigger is a trigger. If it is pulled back it goes off. My personal go to gun is a CZ P-01. Very heavy double action pull on the first shot. Not something very easily accidentally pulled. Then if cocked has a built in decocker and hammer block safety.

They choose not to.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Never said I was carrying the gun. I was dry firing it with SNAP caps, dropped it, and it fired when I grabbed it. Now this could happen with any pistol if the hammer is cocked on off safety. Just think Glock types add a certain degree of danger.

Glocks will never cock until you pull the trigger, and as you slowly pull the trigger back you disengage three safeties that are blocking your firing pin from ever hitting the primer

you would have a better chance dropping a 9 mm bullet on the ground and a primer hitting a small pebble with enough force to ding the primer in igniter The bullet

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Now if you don’t have confidence in your finger or finger control in common safety, Glock probably is not the one for you I agree with that

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    My big takeaway here today is that if you're ever thinking about shagging your pistol out of the air like a fly ball, a 5.5lb trigger is extremely dangerous but a 7.5lb trigger is perfectly safe.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Based alpha chad here. Be careful how you **** talk 1911 and wheel guns: they have effectively killed far more bad bois than Glocks. Be based, but do not drag your bias that somehow Glocks are everyone's favorite flavor because they are far from perfection. I would rather carry a wheel gun than a Glock, and sure as hell prefer a properly manufactured 1911A1.

I carry a SIG P320 variant and the trigger mass has issues and from what I have read was reworked to resolve the early issues. It looks like the OP subject has a trigger mod I would guess this is part of the problem. Second issue is in the range environment you need to make clear and safe and when you stow your guns in range bags they should be unloaded unless they are going into an EDC holster: in which case they should be point safely down range and chambered and holstered. My P320 has the new safety mods, if yours does not get it in asap. The aftermarket triggers typically make SIGs less reliable and become problematic in some way versus the oem triggers. I have heard the same for Glock
    but never will own one unless they make some ergonomic changes and a few others component changes I refuse to cope with in a pistol that I hang near my gonads. OP restore your oem trigger and ensure its not in recall, and stop stuffing loaded guns into your range bag..

Im the OP but this didn't happen to me. This was a post in a sig Facebook group that I'm sharing here . Where do you see that he said he has a trigger mod?

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    It is not just Glocks. I am talking about the whole style. They go against everything I was ever taught with firearms. 1. Check the Safety is on. 2. Check that it is uncocked. 3. Check that it is not loaded. One and Two of my firearm training are void with striker fires. Maybe I am old school. Took the US Military 40 years to Adopt a striker style weapon and they still thought it was wise to ad a manual safety to the 320.

Now if you don’t have confidence in your finger or finger control in common safety, Glock probably is not the one for you I agree with that

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I do know how it work. It has multiple safety mechanisms to prevent discharge from Drops etc. I could throw a glock down on the ground and it will not go off. Throw in the human element. Fumbling around, butter fingers, etc, and the trigger is a trigger. If it is pulled back it goes off. My personal go to gun is a CZ P-01. Very heavy double action pull on the first shot. Not something very easily accidentally pulled. Then if cocked has a built in decocker and hammer block safety.

Yes. Pulling the trigger makes a firearm discharge. Amazing.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    And should have safety mechanisms to prevent the trigger from being pulled. Like a Heavy trigger pull or a safety. If it so safe why do I not not see any long guns being sold like that? There may be some that I am unaware of. Imagine going on a duck hunt with shot guns that have trigger toggles and no safety.

Sorry to HighJack this forum Peace Out and good debate.

Yes. Pulling the trigger makes a firearm discharge. Amazing.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    And should have safety mechanisms to prevent the trigger from being pulled. Like a Heavy trigger pull or a safety. If it so safe why do I not not see any long guns being sold like that? There may be some that I am unaware of. Imagine going on a duck hunt with shot guns that have trigger toggles and no safety.

Sorry to HighJack this forum Peace Out and good debate.

Holsters exist.
    Don’t catch a falling gun.
    Don’t pull the trigger unless you are ready to fire.

This isn’t a debate.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I still call bs and think you made all of this up. You changed your story and took 3 days to come back with you had Snap caps in your gun and were doing dry fire training. I’m not buying it.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    First off I personally like a safety lever on my semi auto pistols BUT I believe most of the accidents from dropping pistols would not be eliminated if all guns had safeties . I think when most guns are dropped it is at a time when the safety would be off if it had one . Remember when revolvers didn't have hammer blocks ? Old timers believed they were unnecessary because as I was told by a famous gun fighter / border patrol legand " any fool who drops his revolver deserves to shoot his self " to which I answered " maybe the bystander near by doesn't deserve shooting ". That was at a well known gun shop in keitville . I had brought my mod 29 in and was complaining they had left my hammer block out and the gentleman behind the counter pulled out a box of them and said "we don't usually waste time putting them back in ". Things have changed in the last 50 years and so has attitudes about safety and liability .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    First off I personally like a safety lever on my semi auto pistols BUT I believe most of the accidents from dropping pistols would not be eliminated if all guns had safeties . I think when most guns are dropped it is at a time when the safety would be off if it had one . Remember when revolvers didn't have hammer blocks ? Old timers believed they were unnecessary because as I was told by a famous gun fighter / border patrol legand " any fool who drops his revolver deserves to shoot his self " to which I answered " maybe the bystander near by doesn't deserve shooting ". That was at a well known gun shop in keitville . I had brought my mod 29 in and was complaining they had left my hammer block out and the gentleman behind the counter pulled out a box of them and said "we don't usually waste time putting them back in ". Things have changed in the last 50 years and so has attitudes about safety and liability .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

I'm not really concerned with the lack of a manual safety when these exist.

Glock-Firing-Pin-Safety-Plunger-Spring_main-1.jpg

SW-MP-10-M20-Striker-Block-Plunger-Smith-_1.jpg

C5E899_Z_2.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eddie Landry
    Top Bottom