Single again

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butrbal

Rok Out Whit Ya Glock Out
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Prairieville
    I want to share a quote I heard recently.

"you can sleep with a blonde, you can sleep with a brunette, but you aint gonna get any sleep with a redhead."

Charles1959

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Covington, La.
    The advice you've received about finding common values is rock solid. Don't pay attention to her interest in your hobbies while you are dating, it may be less than genuine. My wife loved sailing and riding motorcycles while we were dating. Within months of the wedding, I had a "For Sale" sign on both because it wasn't something she wanted to do anymore. Pissed me off, but our value systems are pretty much the same. We've been married 19 yrs now and I follow my interests and she follows hers. Life is good. But I still miss my sailboat. :(
    Charlie

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    A friend of mine was skipping along living a bachelor's life. A woman every weekend, partying with his boys, playing ball when he wanted. Unattached, and when he was with someone and they got pissed off he wasn't kowtowing the line, his attitude was to hell with them.

Three weeks ago, the flavor of the month who he was quickly becoming enamored with threw him for one gigantic loop. She was pregnant. This past Wednesday he went with her to the doctor's appointment and heard his baby's heart beat for the very first time.

Immediate change in his life. Monday he was still rocking along, "she's just going to have to deal with it but I'll be there for the baby" to "I can't wait, I'm so excited. I want to spend time with her kids because it's important to me that we mesh as an entire family."

POINT IS! Not to say a pregnancy will change your life. But there will be a moment that suddenly brings clarity into your relationship and it will be the best thing to ever happen to you. I think the important thing is to enjoy your life, and keep going. Don't mope. Get out there and experience it all. When she walks by, it'll happen. :)

Sandman was absolutely right and this proves it. The point has nothing to do with clarity in a relationship or enjoying life, or whatever, the point is WEAR A CONDOM

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I have a 27 yo daughter and a 24 yo daughter. Blond.

Btw, redheads are awesome. ( Yes, Becky Moore, 41 years later I still remember )

Grendal

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Metairie
    Man, you are a lucky one. I should have broken it off.

In my opinion, a wedding is like a funeral. Someone's life ends. The only difference is that in marriage you die a much slower and more painful death.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    I don't know what you guys are talking about. I've been married to my beautiful Irish red headed wife since 2007. That broken arm healed just fine and who says you need all 32 teeth.

Just kidding

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    ^ +1

So when can we meet 'em, Leo? If they were raised by you, they might actually be intelligent enough to hold up their end of an interesting conversation. :D

Thank you for the kind comment. Regrettably, the one does not share my thirst for knowledge, and while I cherish them both, the other ain't stable.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom